IGNORED

Erling Haaland

I kept joking with a friend when he was scoring his first goals that he was gonna score 70+ this year.

Now I'm not so sure that's out the realm of possibility. 

I would be shocked if he doesn't have multiple ballon d'ors within the next few years. He is an incredible footballer, and I'm just grateful I get to watch it. 

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Why do you think his production will slow so significantly? He's on pace to score 75 in the league, obviously that's not going to happen, but I can absolutely see him getting 50+

I think there is a good chance he misses some games through injury and also through rotation, especially later in the season when the Champions League gets exciting. 

On the flip side, it was fairly clear early on that this City side didn't really know how to play with him as they haven't been used to getting a player like him involved in the game. I can only see that improving and its not like opposition sides can focus on Haaland because if they do, they have so many other players that will punish them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This guy scored more goals in an hour of football than any of our players have all season. The guy is a beast, no doubt, but just contemplate that stat for a minute.... It's sickening! 😫

On another note, I don't get time to watch a lot of football outside Everton, but managed to watch the second half of City CL game last night. Some of their play, especially for the fourth goal was just sublime. 

But it does make me a bit depressed watching other teams as it reminds me how crap we actually are right now and that are much better ways of playing football than the dross we've been churning out for god knows how long now.

🎶"Maybe... Someday..."🎶