IGNORED

Wolves at home Boxing Day

duncanmckenzieismagic

We have no prowess in front of goal. We’re not going to survive unless we find a way to score more. Controlling the ball means nothing if we can’t put it in the back of the net. We can be better team all we want, but we’re missing the most important component: scoring goals!

Yes, I’m aware Mina scored from a set piece. 

2 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

Not seeing it we are making silly mistakes. I agree with everyone saying it’s the culture in the club but lampard for me is a mediocre prem manager not the second coming he is doing achieving nothing new. Since Martinez first season we have cycled through managers who stutter and flatter to deceive. The only excitement I had was when ancelotti had them playing. What is lampard seeing in Gordon that gets him in the team gives the ball away far too much end product is useless. Dwight mc for 20 mil shows the problem with our policy we are not signing players who are miles ahead of what we have just same standard so we just produce the same shit.

So you think both Gordon and McNeil aren't good enough to be in the XI, which other winger starts then? Iwobi? I understand what you're getting at, but Lampard doesn't have any other options on the wings

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

So you think both Gordon and McNeil aren't good enough to be in the XI, which other winger starts then? Iwobi? I understand what you're getting at, but Lampard doesn't have any other options at winger.

Let’s be honest mate Gordon has been poor since the summer bids from Chelsea. He was fresh faced and had boyish ethuiasm but he hasn’t moved on. McNeil I liked at burley but his stats didn’t back that up snd we bought him lamps decision. Grey for me is all tricks but not enough end product yes scores the odd worldly but it’s no surprise he was available for that money. Selling Richarlson is proving how glaring much we relied on him. DCL won’t be back as a perm 20 goal striker he is too injury prone.

we need to remember this was wolves they scored 20% of their goals in this match. 5th loss in a row. 

11 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

Not seeing it we are making silly mistakes. I agree with everyone saying it’s the culture in the club but lampard for me is a mediocre prem manager not the second coming he is doing achieving nothing new. Since Martinez first season we have cycled through managers who stutter and flatter to deceive. The only excitement I had was when ancelotti had them playing. What is lampard seeing in Gordon that gets him in the team gives the ball away far too much end product is useless. Dwight mc for 20 mil shows the problem with our policy we are not signing players who are miles ahead of what we have just same standard so we just produce the same shit.

you think Wolves where the best team today? Really?

We have all seen plenty of stinking performances from Everton, but that wasn't one of them. 

Lampard know as well as anybody we are light offensively. 

In my opinion, a DCL and a Kudus make a massive difference to this team. We missed out on Kudus at the last minute when Man U purchased Antony. I am optimistic they had actually scouted him and almost got him.

I am holding 'sack' the manager shouts until I have seen the performances and results with a few more offensive options available to Lampard. 

Today's performance (and many others this season) does not warrant wholesale changes - again.

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

We have all seen plenty of stinking performances from Everton, but that wasn't one of them. 

In my opinion, a DCL and a Kudus make a massive difference to this team. We missed out on Kudus at the last minute when Man U purchased Antony. I am optimistic they had actually scouted him and almost got him.

I am holding 'sack' the manager shouts until I have seen the performances and results with a few more offensive options available to Lampard. 

Today's performance (and many others this season) does not warrant wholesale changes - again.

Wolves were shite. Yet they felt that we were weak enough for them to make attacking subs. I think we are poor. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

What exactly did you like about today's performance out of interest? 

A lot say we were the better team, not sure about that, they let us have the ball in our own half, good tactics by them

We had no urgency, no spirit no bottle, same as before the break, yes we had a few chances, but again no venom, all safe side foots, or soft headers straight to the keeper no one trying to stamp there authority, everyone playing safe, Gordon & McNeill first thoughts are to go back, in front of goal pathetic side foots, instead of putting your foot through the ball. Remember before the break we let in 7 goals in three days to a team below us, today 2 gals at home to a team below us, this is not bad look, this is  a group of players bereft of spirit, confidence and leadership, and its not all Franks fault, its the owners who have bought all the crap players we have had the last 5 years or more.

We keep saying this DOF will be better or That DOF will be better, well we had the best from Leicester, the best from Ajax, now Thelwell who bought McNeill, and Maupay.

I don't know the answer, i do know i have seen a lot worse teams at Goodison over my 60+ years of watching them, but never seen teams with no spirit or bottle as the last    3 or 4 years as this lot, in fact since this owner came in, big Joe got a ramshackled  bunch of misfits, and not only kept them up, but won a trophy.

We have got to stop saying we were unlucky, or we will be ok when DCL returns or anyone else for that matter, we lost 2 to Bournemouth, and wolves in the last 3 games.

We need major surgery at the club, but sadly the 2 we need to get rid of are set in concrete, and only Frank is accessible to get the boot.   

Until BK, who has been wonderful for this club, but not in a long time, and  Moshri then things are not going to change.

Sorry for the ramblings, but a very frustrated and worried Toffee supporter.

I think that last goal was a perfect example about where it has all gone wrong for us this season. 

We had no idea what to do with the ball to start with. Players all over the place. Onana, who is meant to be the one trying to get on the ball and dictate mainly just standing and waiting, it ends up in a long ball. No intensity. No tactical understanding. 

Wolves break forward. I haven't watched it back but I thought we had the players to match them. I think it was Onana again who, despite his phsyical assets, doesnt want to get tight to the ball carrier and put him under pressure. When it gets to Traore, who despite his best efforts with a dodgy touch, he is given as much time and space as he wants by Tarkowski to fuck it up and still get a ball in. Then it comes down to who wanted to run the hard yards and who didnt. Ait Nouri did, he could even take a touch. Our players didnt. No intensity again. 

It was just a complete and utter nothing performance yet again. 

I’m not saying wolves were a better side as such but it’s sort of irrelevant if we lose 5 in a row. I know richarlson was always going to leave but what we bought in wasn’t even close to being good enough. we can argue that lamps hadn’t had the players but he has spent 60 mil+ why didn’t he get a striker. I am consistent in saying I don’t know the answer but I don’t see a lot in Frank that is different to Martinez, koeman and all the other managers since moyes. His record before us was average his record here is poor. I would give a manager more time if he had a record to fall back in but Frank doesn’t 

2 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I’m not saying wolves were a better side as such but it’s sort of irrelevant if we lose 5 in a row. I know richarlson was always going to leave but what we bought in wasn’t even close to being good enough. we can argue that lamps hadn’t had the players but he has spent 60 mil+ why didn’t he get a striker. I am consistent in saying I don’t know the answer but I don’t see a lot in Frank that is different to Martinez, koeman and all the other managers since moyes. His record before us was average his record here is poor. I would give a manager more time if he had a record to fall back in but Frank doesn’t 

@RuffRobhas a point about Kudus. We were almost there, and then Ajax sold Anthony. If we had Kudus, there would be no Maupay and we might be in a very different situation. 

However that goes to show that there are still glaring issues with our transfer policies, in that our back-up option to Kudus was someone as poor as Maupay. 

We also have to remember though, we don't have the money to spend like we used to.

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This hasn't aged well 😂

This aged even better though, eh?

Mina isn't in the side to score goals. He's there to stop us conceding silly goals like the one we did concede. He's also there to complete games, not have to be removed injured every time he fucking plays.

He's a fucking waste of space. A wage thief.

It's alright though, he dances, smiles, is a bit of a shithouse.

It's fucking laughable how some of you lot laud the cunt.

45 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This aged even better though, eh?

Mina isn't in the side to score goals. He's there to stop us conceding silly goals like the one we did concede. He's also there to complete games, not have to be removed injured every time he fucking plays.

He's a fucking waste of space. A wage thief.

It's alright though, he dances, smiles, is a bit of a shithouse.

It's fucking laughable how some of you lot laud the cunt.

What I find confusing is how he classifies as a cunt. Is he vastly overpaid based on how often he plays? Absolutely. Is he, by all accounts, a great teammate, a positive in the dressing room, and a good servant of EITC? Absolutely. 

We can be frustrated by his inability to stay healthy and thereby costing us a fortune, but a cunt he is not.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

@RuffRobhas a point about Kudus. We were almost there, and then Ajax sold Anthony. If we had Kudus, there would be no Maupay and we might be in a very different situation. 

However that goes to show that there are still glaring issues with our transfer policies, in that our back-up option to Kudus was someone as poor as Maupay. 

We also have to remember though, we don't have the money to spend like we used to.

Im unconvinced that the situation would have been that much different. We arent creating many chances for our CF. Maupay had one half chance (Collins error) and one opportunity he could have done better with (Bueno error). 

If we are lumping balls up to Kudus like we do with Maupay, he would look just as shite as Maupay does now. Don't forget Maupay looked decent enough for Brighton, otherwise we wouldnt have bought him.

For all Kudus looks like a talent, he still needs the right circumstances to show that talent. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

What exactly did you like about today's performance out of interest? 

I don't recall saying I 'liked' or enjoyed the game. I said we where the better team over the 90mim and we didn't deserve to lose. 

I have seen plenty of games where we have been out played and deserved to lose. This was not one of these game. 

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Im unconvinced that the situation would have been that much different. We arent creating many chances for our CF. Maupay had one half chance (Collins error) and one opportunity he could have done better with (Bueno error). 

If we are lumping balls up to Kudus like we do with Maupay, he would look just as shite as Maupay does now. Don't forget Maupay looked decent enough for Brighton, otherwise we wouldnt have bought him.

For all Kudus looks like a talent, he still needs the right circumstances to show that talent. 

So you are glad we missed out on Kudos this summer then? Lucky escape was it?

In my opinion we are desperate for a Kudos type signing, and we where a hare's breath away from getting him on a decent  deal and before he was on other teams radar.

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't recall saying I 'liked' or enjoyed the game. I said we where the better team over the 90mim and we didn't deserve to lose. 

I have seen plenty of games where we have been out played and deserved to lose. This was not one of these game. 

So you are glad we missed out on Kudos this summer then? Lucky escape was it?

In my opinion we are desperate for a Kudos type signing, and we where a hare's breath away from getting him on a decent  deal and before he was on other teams radar.

If you think we were the better side then I assumed that meant you thought there was something good about our performance? Or was it just that Wolves were that bad?

Im not sure what leap you made to get to that on Kudus.

The point is Kudus looks like he will be a brilliant signing but Onana was meant to be one of the brightest talents in Europe and he looks shite in an Everton shirt. Missing out on Kudus and getting Maupay isnt the reason why we are where we are because there is no guarentee he would look any good playing in this side.

I don't think Onana looks shite. I think he is very very young and is far from the finished article and will take more than 10 or so games to become a premier league player. 

You don't get any sort of guarantee with any signings, but you have to have some faith that signing good young player will pay off in the long run - otherwise what is no point. 

Looking back at that late goal. Ait Nuri and Patterson start that move in exactly the same position and at one point the former is 20 yards ahead of the latter despite Patterson's attempts to foul him. Patterson is a bit of a defensive liability at the moment.

Again you have to credit the endeavour of Mykolenko who busts his gut yet again in one of those recovery runs to do what he can to get back. 

Onana takes too long to realise the danger (after not doing more to stop the original ball) but Iwobi never acknowledges the danger whatsoever. He is in a world of his own. 

39 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't think Onana looks shite. I think he is very very young and is far from the finished article and will take more than 10 or so games to become a premier league player. 

You don't get any sort of guarantee with any signings, but you have to have some faith that signing good young player will pay off in the long run - otherwise what is no point. 

You are missing my point. 

What I am saying is that for all a great player Kudus might be, there is no guarentee he would look that great player in this Everton side. 

Onana who is expected to be a great talent, currently looks poor in this Everton side, and not that he is necessarily a poor player. 

There are far bigger issues with this team than one player coming in and making a difference. We do this dance on these boards every season. Wait until Dom is back. Wait until Doucoure is back. Earlier this season, it was we will look a lot better when Patterson is back and we will attack down the right again. Instead he is costing us goals and cant make a simple pass to a player in space. 

I think there are various issues non of which are being fixed from what I can see:

1. Going into the season without a quality fit striker or a replacement for richarlson.

2. Quality of the squad is not good enough. Frank said his bench was worse than wolves.

3. Ambition set by the manager is too low. Constantly confirms we play well but lose. That sets a culture of mediocre.

4. blowing too much smoke up average players arse. Gordon over the transfer. Iwobi this creative force abd best defence in the league. This all sets the expectation to low. 

5. no consistent plan on the field what is our style of play. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Looking back at that late goal. Ait Nuri and Patterson start that move in exactly the same position and at one point the former is 20 yards ahead of the latter despite Patterson's attempts to foul him. Patterson is a bit of a defensive liability at the moment.

Again you have to credit the endeavour of Mykolenko who busts his gut yet again in one of those recovery runs to do what he can to get back. 

Onana takes too long to realise the danger (after not doing more to stop the original ball) but Iwobi never acknowledges the danger whatsoever. He is in a world of his own. 

Patterson had also played about 70/75 more minutes than Ait Nuri at this point… 

We had so many half chances to finish the game off. Instead we find ourselves pushing ( if you could even call it that ) for a winner and got torn apart on the counter.

That feeling, that I’m sure you all felt when they scored at the death is why I hate the dancing and shit after a goal right now. Dance & celebrate when we have the 3 points. Complete lack of professionalism & understanding of the current situation.