IGNORED

Vs Arsenal (away)

Matt

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If we were playing a side that likes to pump the ball into the box then fair enough or in fact any other team than Arsenal 

It’s one thing dropping Coady but it’s another replacing him with Keane

Surely the game is better suited to Holgate or Godfrey, I would also play Mina ahead of him

Did you watch Holgate and Godfrey tonight woeful the 2 of them and Davies 

1 minute ago, plaidharper said:

Not sure any of our players covered themselves in glory tonight.

No they never but Godfrey is a shadow of the player he was Holgate has been left out of the team by both the last 2 managers. 
Davies the least said the better 

17 minutes ago, patto said:

Did you watch Holgate and Godfrey tonight woeful the 2 of them and Davies 

I didn’t catch much of the second half so I need to watch it properly but Holgate at looks to hold his position at least. Gana has made so many mistakes this year. We simply cannot afford to be gifting goals because we won’t score enough to counter it.

I’m glad Dyche dragged him at half time, fuck these players making the same stupid mistakes week in, week out and thinking they can say a few words in the press and show they care.

4-0 away to leaders is bad, we gifted them the first 2 and after that we had no chance. I fully expect a response against Forrest as Dyche will be livid. 

11 minutes ago, Btay said:

I didn’t catch much of the second half so I need to watch it properly but Holgate at looks to hold his position at least. Gana has made so many mistakes this year. We simply cannot afford to be gifting goals because we won’t score enough to counter it.

I’m glad Dyche dragged him at half time, fuck these players making the same stupid mistakes week in, week out and thinking they can say a few words in the press and show they care.

4-0 away to leaders is bad, we gifted them the first 2 and after that we had no chance. I fully expect a response against Forrest as Dyche will be livid. 

The second goal was a killer and I still think it’s offside it makes me think the fa and refs hate us and the game is corrupt the linesman flagged for offside the stream I was watching never showed any lines and it came back as onside 

7 hours ago, patto said:

The second goal was a killer and I still think it’s offside it makes me think the fa and refs hate us and the game is corrupt the linesman flagged for offside the stream I was watching never showed any lines and it came back as onside 

It was inside mate. Not sure the Arsenal player even touched it though, looked more like he got the back of Gana foot and he pushed it forward. Ridiculous goal to concede though. It was like we stopped expecting a free kick or something….. just like you did at 9 years old.

I have only seen the highlights but to me the issue with the first goal is communication and Doucoure is the one caught in no mans land. He should have been close to Odegaard, that means Keane can stay deeper and Myko can stay non-goal side (there must be a better way of saying that!?) of Saka. Both Keane and Mykolenko have to do what they do IMO because they both have other big dangers ahead of them. I would have liked to have seen Gana press a bit better as he was holding a position that didn't do anything as the passing lanes were still open. It's really good football from Arsenal though to drag those players around.

Gana clearly thinks the whistle has gone for the second but it is shocking. This was the game done.

The third goal feels a bit like pre-Dyche Everton. Tarkowski doesn't win the ball, midfield aren't close enough to the defensive line to get a foot in and it just gives Arsenal so much room to play. The back four do their job, looking well drilled but Onana is lazy with his defensive tracking and gets caught ball watching.

The Nketiah chance that follows is terrible. No pressure on Partey, I'm not convinced Tarkowski should pass Nketiah onto Mykolenko like that as Mykolenko still has someone of his own to keep an eye on. I just don't think Mykolenko knows Tarkowski is going to step out and so he doesn't react quick enough.

Last goal, no pressure again from Iwobi, Onana gets wrong side despite putting himself in the defensive line and Tarkowski too slow to react to get the ball ahead of his man.

This was the game I expected first time up for Dyche when I thought it was away. Its a bad mix of styles for us and the cracks in the squad opened up under a really tough examination from the league leaders.

The positive is that we did create some chances against one of the leagues best defences away from home which has been a bit problem of ours this season.

The pressure is definitely on for the Forest game and I am sure Dyche will get them going again.