IGNORED

Vs Arsenal (away)

Matt

I'd still have Gray leading the line, through balls from any of the midfield for him to run on to. 

I don't understand why Dyche isn't playing him. I know its linked to work rate off the ball but he's one of our best chances for a goal which is most important.

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What are they?

Indeed.  We are not producing these for Maupay or Gray.

Our chance creation comes from crosses.  If Dyche is going to stick to that, I would be playing Simms (or even Mick Keggers, haha jk).

If we want to play through balls or try to get in behind then we need to change it up.  This season Alex Iwobi has created the most chances and assists.  If you want those chances to be passes vs crosses then he needs to play left midfield or through the middle so he can cut in and set someone up.  He is the only player we have that cuts in and actually looks for a pass.  Every single one of Lampard's wins were when he played Iwobi through the middle or on the left side of the 3 or on the left-ish side of a 5.  Why he changed this baffles me.  Maybe he thought Coleman needed help but at what cost? and could not someone else carry water there?  Lamps is gone and enough about him.

If we wanna use Maupay or Gray up top I would suggest a very simple swap:

Pickford

Coleman  Coady  Tarkowski  Mykolenko

McNeil    Doucs    Gana      Onana       Iwobi          

Gray/Maupay

This way Iwobi and McNeil can both cut in and look for passes into our forward or one of our center midfielders making a late run.  McNeil ABSOLUTELY has no right foot so if you need a through ball he needs to be on the right.  Also, if we needed to switch it up for a bit then McNeil and Iwobi could swap back.  They both have legs and press and could communicate these switches.

There’s no way Maupay starts this game. He just doesn’t his chances and we won’t get many against Arsenal.

Gray up top as @Matt mentioned, look to get him in behind their back quickly and flood forward.

Same midfield 3, all energy & don’t give them any time on the ball. Same game plan we used against them a few weeks ago and we can definitely get something from this.

Only change I would potentially make is Coady out for anyone of the centre backs but I doubt it will happen.

• Arsenal have won 99 of their 203 league games against Everton (D43 L61), and could become the first team in English league history to register 100 victories against a specific opponent.

• Everton have won four of their past five league games against Arsenal, including a 1-0 win in the reverse fixture last month. It's as many victories as they had in their previous 28 against the Gunners (D8 L16).

• After a run of 10 consecutive home wins in the Premier League, Arsenal have won just one of their past four at Emirates Stadium (D2 L1). The Gunners have also kept just two clean sheets in their past 16 home league games.

• Everton have won just one of their past 13 Premier League away games, a 2-1 win at Southampton in October (D5 L7). Since that victory, the Toffees have scored just one goal in their seven away games (D2 L5), with Demarai Gray netting in a 1-1 draw at Manchester City in December.

Hope we nick a minor-miracle point.  Or a major-miracle 3.  Hoping, but not expecting.  So I’ll also hope that if things go badly in the first half, pretty early in the second Dyche uses lots of subs.

Glad Dyche has named 1 new starter.  Wish it were more, 3-4 more.  Can’t see Maupay being effective on his own.  Need Simms with him.

Not optimistic, and am admittedly thinking more about Forest on Sunday.

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Of all the teams in the world you least want to see Keane play against it’s fucking Arsenal

They like to get in behind you and he has the turning circle of The Ark Royal

We can’t just keep playing the same back 4 when we are being beat Dyche has to try something let’s be honest Coady has struggled for weeks Keane is a bigger threat for free kicks and corners. 

13 minutes ago, patto said:

We can’t just keep playing the same back 4 when we are being beat Dyche has to try something let’s be honest Coady has struggled for weeks Keane is a bigger threat for free kicks and corners. 

If we were playing a side that likes to pump the ball into the box then fair enough or in fact any other team than Arsenal 

It’s one thing dropping Coady but it’s another replacing him with Keane

Surely the game is better suited to Holgate or Godfrey, I would also play Mina ahead of him