IGNORED

The siren has returned

I was really surprised to hear the siren again at the before the teams came out on Saturday, I have very mixed feelings over it, I like that it gets the crowd up and could intimidate the opposition, but I  can’t stop putting myself in to the shoes of a Ukrainian hearing the same thing and fearing for my life. I do hope the club talked it through with Vitaly, and that he was ok with bringing it back.

Have the club made the decision that the siren is more important to the survival of our PL status, than the feelings of anyone whether Ukrainian or other, who may feel offended by what it may represent to them. For me I have no real feelings either way, but I did find it strange that they never made it public that they intended to use it a few days before, just so they could gauge from the fans and the wider public's reaction. 

39 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Have the club made the decision that the siren is more important to the survival of our PL status, than the feelings of anyone whether Ukrainian or other, who may feel offended by what it may represent to them. For me I have no real feelings either way, but I did find it strange that they never made it public that they intended to use it a few days before, just so they could gauge from the fans and the wider public's reaction. 

To play devils advocate, they never made it public before they started using it the first time either. 

The crowd reaction to it was great on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

To play devils advocate, they never made it public before they started using it the first time either. 

The crowd reaction to it was great on Saturday. 

Slightly different times from when they first used it, and from memory I believe people did know it was going to be used, I say that because the cameras were already focused on Tony in anticipation that it was about to sound. 
Yes I know the crowd reaction was electric when it sounded and hugely contributed to the overall atmosphere and possibly performance in the first half. My question was more did they play it as a weapon to help win the game without considering what damage it may of had on a certain section of people. For me I'm not trying to say that the board were right or wrong, that's for everybody's own conscience to decide. But what I will say is that we all know is this board have no scruples or morals when making decisions, is this another one of those occasions, or do people back the board on this occasion? Because there are thousands of Ukrainian women and children in this country that this could have had a very negative affect on.  
I personally think my reasoning holds merit and should not be dismissed out of hand, but obviously that is my opinion and not the opinion of all, to be honest I think my my disgust for this board and its dirty tricks campaign, particularly over the last few months is making me question their motives and integrity.  

1 hour ago, Wall Writer said:

I think there's a bit of an overreaction going on here. 

Nice gesture at the beginning, but time to move on.

You are possibly right, what I would ask you is why was it a nice gesture in the first place, and why you feel that isn't relevant anymore.