IGNORED

Malik Mothersille

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Malik Mothersille
8 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

We trying to outdo Chelsea with contract lengths now. Ridiculous that Caicedo is on what is essentially a 9 year contract.

Apparently it's all to do with FFP.

They've paid £115m, but can count it over the length of the contract, so only £11.5m per year. Same sort of deal as Mudryk last season.

21 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yes. UEFA changed that rule because of that. Clubs can still offer long contracts but for fair play purposes there is now a cap of 5 years. At least that was my understanding. 

That's what I'd thought, but is it already in place?

29 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yes. UEFA changed that rule because of that. Clubs can still offer long contracts but for fair play purposes there is now a cap of 5 years. At least that was my understanding. 

It's not that there's a cap of 5 years for the contract, they can offer a 10 year contract if they want. It's just that the fee is only payable over 5 years.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's what I'd thought, but is it already in place?

I thought it was in place but people are still saying it's the reason Chelsea are offering these long contracts, so maybe it's not yet.

Chelsea have probably paid people to delay it because if it wasn't they'd be royally fucked :lol:.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

For anyone that doesn’t want to open the clickbait link, it’s an article based purely on this tweet from Joe Thomas. 😂

https://x.com/joe_thomas18/status/1697666797338497297?s=46&t=yZXCMwiLrh88x9fKYHnsfQ