IGNORED

Wilfred Ndidi

I think we all know free transfers is going to be a market Everton are going to have to scour. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/everton-make-approach-for-leicester-city-wilfred-ndidi/

looks like the first player to make the media is Ndidi - I think he'll be getting better offers elsewhere, but more likely to be a starter in our squad. 

Who are the best players that might be available (and potentially within Everton's grasp) - Barkley, Che Adams, Ben Johnson?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2024&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think we all know free transfers is going to be a market Everton are going to have to scour. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/everton-make-approach-for-leicester-city-wilfred-ndidi/

looks like the first player to make the media is Ndidi - I think he'll be getting better offers elsewhere, but more likely to be a starter in our squad. 

Who are the best players that might be available (and potentially within Everton's grasp) - Barkley, Che Adams, Ben Johnson?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2024&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Too many injury concerns with Ndidi for me but we need about 5 free transfers.

11 hours ago, patto said:

Too many injury concerns with Ndidi for me but we need about 5 free transfers.

He’s played 65 games the last 2 seasons….

2 hours ago, StevO said:

If we could move on Onana and Gomes, then replace with Ndidi and Barkley I’d be quite happy. 

This is what I’ve been saying. If we can get good money for Onana & Gomes huge salary off the books whilst replacing with 2 free midfielders, great business.

On 01/05/2024 at 17:47, patto said:

The time for us to sign Adams has passed unless we have a striker leaving. 

I agree on this.

We need pacey wingers before another striker.

Just now, patto said:

Our situation is whoever leaves we have to replace and add a couple more. 

Unless it’s Holgate or Maupay.

This will be a massive window for Thelwell. It is no small job to finish the window with a squad competent in quality & depth.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

This will be a massive window for Thelwell. It is no small job to finish the window with a squad competent in quality & depth.

He’s had plenty of time to do his homework so shouldn’t be a problem if he’s any good. 

1 minute ago, Btay said:

They do still need replacing though. Those players being gone and not being replaced highlighted how threadbare our squad is in terms of numbers.

They may not be needed to be replaced position-wise, but we need the numbers there.

You might think that if players are out of contract, they are up for grabs. However, if there are other clubs interested, it will be difficult to snatch them. Moreover, we should be prepared to offer competitive salaries along with signing bonuses. It is Telwell's job to identify lesser-known players from inferior leagues who can be signed for cheap but still offer good value for money.

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They do still need replacing though. Those players being gone and not being replaced highlighted how threadbare our squad is in terms of numbers.

They may not be needed to be replaced position-wise, but we need the numbers there.

I agree mate, with the players we have going out of contract we might have to keep Maupay around…

13 hours ago, patto said:

He’s had plenty of time to do his homework so shouldn’t be a problem if he’s any good. 

Except he could be going in to a bidding war with far less to spend than those around him. We are going to have to play the loan market well here.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I agree mate, with the players we have going out of contract we might have to keep Maupay around…

Except he could be going in to a bidding war with far less to spend than those around him. We are going to have to play the loan market well here.

I’m ok with loans but even they have to be right we’ve just wasted possibly 5m on Danjuma 

8 hours ago, patto said:

Sammie Szmodics of Blackburn anyone think he could cut the mustard if we get him I think he’s worth a try. 

he's 29 in September, so can't see any of our transfer budget (if we have one) being spend on a player who's only really shone this season. Leave him where he is and focus on younger talent.

43 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

he's 29 in September, so can't see any of our transfer budget (if we have one) being spend on a player who's only really shone this season. Leave him where he is and focus on younger talent.

We’ve got younger talent and none are capable of scoring 30+ goals in any division I think you might find he’s scored double figures in his past 3 seasons 28 is not too old you could get feasible 5 good years we’ve spent fortunes on players young and old as you say and they have been absolute dross. 
remember Vardy he was doing similar things and Leicester took a chance a big success 

13 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I’d take him, didn’t realise he was 28 though, as long as it’s not a stupid price I think he would add some thing positive to our squad

In todays football 28 is not old and yes depending on the fee but he only has 1 year left on his contract so wouldn’t be expensive 

If he joined us he'll be turning 29 within a couple of games. talk of £20m fee, only this season has stood out for me.

We just need to be moving away from spending good money on players of this sort of profile. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

If he joined us he'll be turning 29 within a couple of games. talk of £20m fee, only this season has stood out for me.

We just need to be moving away from spending good money on players of this sort of profile. 

When did we last sign a player that scored 30+goals at any level. 

he's not been on anybodies radar until he's almost 29. and this year he's had a single stand out season in the championship.

what I am saying is we will have to pay 'just scored 27 goals' in the Championship prices, basically this summer he will be the peak value of what he has ever been and what he ever will be.

given our situation of next to fuck all budget, we should not be buying players at their peak value.

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

he's not been on anybodies radar until he's almost 29. and this year he's had a single stand out season in the championship.

what I am saying is we will have to pay 'just scored 27 goals' in the Championship prices, basically this summer he will be the peak value of what he has ever been and what he ever will be.

given our situation of next to fuck all budget, we should not be buying players at their peak value.

Ndidi has scored 27 goals? A defensive midfielder?

He's actually 27 as well, by the way.

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Wilfred Ndidi
9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why would we be talking about Ndidi? 
This is the Ndidi thread, you know that’s not how it works here. 😂

My fault sorry about that I thought it was just any rumours