IGNORED

Summer news 24/25 - kits/friendlies/fixtures etc.

Always been good at putting the cart before the horse. As we wind down every season I'm constantly looking ahead. So here's a catch all thread for important news this summer. Kits, tour/friendlies, PL fixture release etc.

Last summer kits were released: Home June 29 (July 1 year before), Away July 21 (July 18 year before), Third not sure on this one (August 11 year before). 
Nothing at all on what the first team is doing for preseason tour/friendlies. Last summer we announced our preseason friendlies on June 8.  
PL fixtures will be released Tuesday June 18. Season starts Saturday August 17. 

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

And probably boring template kits to save time, like the first year with Hummel with three of the same kit. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

So if it is Castore you'll be paying more than you are now for cookie cutter shite. If that's the case it will just reinforce my decision to only buy one shirt next season.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I initially read the news wrong (admittedly at 3am) and thought we'd also given them the naming rights to the stadium...all for 20-30m (incl shirt deal).....thank the lord I read that wrong. 

Them being a stadium partner will be the reason the deal is so big. Good to see us taking advantage of the stadium before it's even finished. 

On 14/06/2024 at 09:20, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently the deal is worth £20m a year so as much as I don't like Castore I won't be grumbling too much if the shirts are crap quality.

Said it before, but the Castore McLaren stuff I have is absolutely top notch quality, I don't recall ever having an Everton shirt as well made...possibly the 99/2000 one to one and the late nineties NEC, both Umbro, come pretty close.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Said it before, but the Castore McLaren stuff I have is absolutely top notch quality, I don't recall ever having an Everton shirt as well made...possibly the 99/2000 one to one and the late nineties NEC, both Umbro, come pretty close.

I have no doubt the £100+ version of the shirt they'll offer will be quality, but their cheap ( :lol: ) one at £70 or whatever will be the problem.

Pleased on 2 fronts. I think it's quality gear and I wear it for golf so will quite like the scuba hoodie with Everton logo printed on it. 

One of my mates is pretty close with Tom Beahon so we had a game of golf - nice lad.. good to see a challenger company from the region and Nice to see the club do business with local lads who have done well.  Not sure why many scousers are so opposed to Castore.  Hummel is like cheap tat. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pleased on 2 fronts. I think it's quality gear and I wear it for golf so will quite like the scuba hoodie with Everton logo printed on it. 

One of my mates is pretty close with Tom Beahon so we had a game of golf - nice lad.. good to see a challenger company from the region and Nice to see the club do business with local lads who have done well.  Not sure why many scousers are so opposed to Castore.  Hummel is like cheap tat. 

Not seen much against them, for me what little I've seen is not impressive but I've not really shopped around. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I have no doubt the £100+ version of the shirt they'll offer will be quality, but their cheap ( :lol: ) one at £70 or whatever will be the problem.

I've never paid £100+ for anything McLaren, it's not cheap gear for sure, but quality is great. 

Fingers crossed they exceed expectations on the...er...budget version:huh:

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not seen much against them, for me what little I've seen is not impressive but I've not really shopped around. 

Yeah Ped on toffeetv isn't a fan and loads on Twitter. 

if it was montirex they would be delighted.

i personally wanted Everton to have an adidas 3 stripes kit for years. Best kits made imo, the German, Madrid, Newcastle and regrettably Liverpool kits from 90s were brilliant. 

The problem Castore have is the many negative PR stories. From the Villa kits holding sweat to the Wolves player lining up for a premier league game with the club crest upside down, and too many images of players in Castore shirts that have ripped. 

It seems their “lifestyle” products, like hoodies and t shirts are well made, but their “performance” stuff isn’t up to scratch. 

Personally the only issue I have is with having a pro shirt and a replica. Gladly they aren’t doing this in kids sizes, only adults. Which is fine until 13 year olds fit into adult sizes and parents are under pressure to buy the better one. This should be banned by the authorities in my opinion.