IGNORED

F1 Chat

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Stewards had a stinker, time penalties for staying on the racing line? Lando might have got second; gracious of Hamilton to be complementary about him, you don't hear stuff like that very often.

Absolutely no chance that should’ve been a penalty for Norris. Especially when you consider just last week Leclerc took Gasly out on the first lap and nothing happened at all!

Nice from Alonso...

"I felt a little bit sad for George," Alonso said, "because he drove an amazing weekend and when I saw P10 was him, I was hoping it would be anyone but him.

"I had much better tyres and much better traction out of Turn Three and I could make the move three laps from the end. He will have more opportunities hopefully for podiums or wins in the future."

A couple of races ago Alonso and Russell swapped helmets. Alonso wrote on the one he gave Russell: "George, you rock! Future world champion."

Convoluted experimental format for Silverstone.

Capture.thumb.JPG.77b4d8173e7c077110ba55cfb17ad03b.JPG

So the initial qualifying on Friday will be for the grid in the sprint race (awarding 3,2 and 1 points to first three but no podium), and positions on the grid for the GP will be decided by where you finished in the sprint race/qualifying.

Personally I don't see why they're messing with it, they're trying to fix something that isn't broken but I'll reserve judgement.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Convoluted experimental format for Silverstone.

Capture.thumb.JPG.77b4d8173e7c077110ba55cfb17ad03b.JPG

So the initial qualifying on Friday will be for the grid in the sprint race (awarding 3,2 and 1 points to first three but no podium), and positions on the grid for the GP will be decided by where you finished in the sprint race/qualifying.

Personally I don't see why they're messing with it, they're trying to fix something that isn't broken but I'll reserve judgement.

It's a load of shite, reminds me of when they introduced that 30 second knockout format in qualifying a few years back and it only lasted three races. The qualifying format is brilliant, it just needs the cars to be closer together competitively so that you have no idea who is going to get on the front row (like MotoGP). 

This will just give extra points/races to the likes of Red Bull and Mercedes. It's not as though Williams or Alfa Romeo are suddenly going to be mixing it up at the front.

20 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's a load of shite, reminds me of when they introduced that 30 second knockout format in qualifying a few years back and it only lasted three races. The qualifying format is brilliant, it just needs the cars to be closer together competitively so that you have no idea who is going to get on the front row (like MotoGP). 

This will just give extra points/races to the likes of Red Bull and Mercedes. It's not as though Williams or Alfa Romeo are suddenly going to be mixing it up at the front.

Thought the same.

• 2 weeks later...

This qualifying could be interesting, Lando faster than both Mercedes on supposedly slower tyres in P1, McLaren looking like they could possibly mix it with them and Perez. Verstappen's gone now though, I don't see much realistic prospect of anyone catching him.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

This qualifying could be interesting, Lando faster than both Mercedes on supposedly slower tyres in P1, McLaren looking like they could possibly mix it with them and Perez. Verstappen's gone now though, I don't see much realistic prospect of anyone catching him.

I think you can say the same thing about the Championship too. It looked like we might have a fight in the early races but now it looks like it'll be a cake walk for him.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think you can say the same thing about the Championship too. It looked like we might have a fight in the early races but now it looks like it'll be a cake walk for him.

That was actually what I meant, just didn't make it very clear.

I'm staying in a hotel tomorrow night in Ross-on-Wye and just had an email telling me that due to covid cleaning measures check-in has been moved back from 2.00 to 4.00:shakingfist:

Will have to see if I can find a pub showing the race or it's going to be radio commentary in the car:crying:.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I'm staying in a hotel tomorrow night in Ross-on-Wye and just had an email telling me that due to covid cleaning measures check-in has been moved back from 2.00 to 4.00:shakingfist:

Will have to see if I can find a pub showing the race or it's going to be radio commentary in the car:crying:.

We you doing in Ross-an-why😉

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We you doing in Ross-an-why😉

Have a really good mate there, met him and his wife around ten years back in Greece. He's a drummer (who actually played in a band who were signed to a major label way back when but now plays pubs), and the same age as me so we just chat endless bollocks about obscure bands, and football (Leeds fan). Absolutely top bloke, and his wife is lovely as well. Chatting with him now I can't speak will be interesting but we'll get by, and he'll probably laugh at my splutterings, but I have no problem with that.

Give me that every race where two drivers are racing to the limit and not giving an inch, that was the most exciting first couple of laps I’ve seen for years, this incident is going to light this championship up to be potentially the best season we’ve seen for a long time.  Come on Lewis show more of that fight and make history. 

Arise, Sir Lewis 🇬🇧 

Fantastic race today, pulls himself right back into the title fight with a pretty much even keel for Hungary. 

Glad that Max is OK - absolute bullshit from Horner about not being able to overtake at Copse (it's all a racetrack ffs) but said from the beginning that the way Max & Lewis started the race was always going to end in tears.