IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Personally, I didn't like it that much. I'm a big Trekkie, but I don't like the direction the writers and producers are taking the new films. Very shallow.

How so?

Don't get me wrong, the storyline is riddled with plot holes, as usual, but its still lots of fun

Saw Suicide Squad yesterday, I didn't mind it. Entertained without thrilling.

You can really tell where there's been studio meddling though, which is annoying.

The 'big bad(s)' were f*cking awful, genuinely terrible.

There could have been a much better, more personal threat to the squad, which I think would have worked better. The importance of 'children' in the film and to the squad was quite pronounced so the threat should have been less 'generic' (a big bad, who creates machine to destroy the world (just like in Superman and BvS - Both DC movies)). A school trip to Arkham Asylum gone wrong, could have been brilliant. The likes of Victor Zsasz holding kids hostage, whilst blackmailing guards to release prisoners would have been a more grounded threat that would have worked much better IMO. It gives the squad a genuine reason to save these kids (personal conflicts) and actually become the 'good' guys. A trick missed for sure.

Edited by Lowensda

Saw Suicide Squad yesterday, I didn't mind it. Entertained without thrilling.

You can really tell where there's been studio meddling though, which is annoying.

The 'big bad(s)' were f*cking awful, genuinely terrible.

There could have been a much better, more personal threat to the squad, which I think would have worked better. The importance of 'children' in the film and to the squad was quite pronounced so the threat should have been less 'generic' (a big bad, who creates machine to destroy the world (just like in Superman and BvS - Both DC movies)). A school trip to Arkham Asylum gone wrong, could have been brilliant. The likes of Victor Zsasz holding kids hostage, whilst blackmailing guards to release prisoners would have been a more grounded threat that would have worked much better IMO. It gives the squad a genuine reason to save these kids (personal conflicts) and actually become the 'good' guys. A trick missed for sure.

I worry about you sometimes...

BBC Has Lost The Rights To The Great British BakeOff And Now My Wednesdays Have Been Ruined Exceedingly.

this show just became available in america via netflix or amazon prime and my wife really enjoys it. we have similar shows over here in that vein the "top chef", "masterchef with gordon (my arsehole smells like roses) ramsay", and "the taste". the taste was my favorite because it was blind tastings by the judges so there was no TV preference/producer preference to who won.

this show just became available in america via netflix or amazon prime and my wife really enjoys it. we have similar shows over here in that vein the "top chef", "masterchef with gordon (my arsehole smells like roses) ramsay", and "the taste". the taste was my favorite because it was blind tastings by the judges so there was no TV preference/producer preference to who won.

Wife watches Masterchef from everywhere (NZ, Oz, US & god knows where else).

The Australian one is truly awful, more of a gameshow (all living together like Big Brother) than a cooking competition and I think that's the model most countries have followed.

The UK one I like, infinitely better.

Wife watches Masterchef from everywhere (NZ, Oz, US & god knows where else).

The Australian one is truly awful, more of a gameshow (all living together like Big Brother) than a cooking competition and I think that's the model most countries have followed.

The UK one I like, infinitely better.

maybe we get the UK one then. When i watched it there was Ramsay and 2 americans (one chef, one bald guy who owned restaurants Joe something). Same one as UK?

maybe we get the UK one then. When i watched it there was Ramsay and 2 americans (one chef, one bald guy who owned restaurants Joe something). Same one as UK?

No, Ramsay doesn't do ours, he's doing the American one (first one ever I think). Ours has been going for donkey's years; original ran 1990 to 2001 but was a very different format; was restarted again in 2005 fronted by John Torode and Gregg Wallace who still present it now.

Well written article for the most part, though I've never watched the programme myself.

But, "(In past years, Channel 4 snapped up BBC shows The Naked Chef and Top Gear.)" is totally not true.