IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I liked the meta joke when Cottonmouth asked what could do they do to someone with unbreakable skin, only to be bombarded with a way of effectively killing him (drown him, poison him, burn him).

I'm up to the same point as you.

I watched Anthropoid last night at the cinema, I can recommend it although the foreign accents put on by English speaking actors feels a bit Allo Allo at times. It was about a Czechoslovak plot to kill an SS officer in Prague.

Not watching it but just noticed on the iplayer that "Josh" has a second series. Really?

I saw brief bits of the first series in disbelief that such crap could be described as comedy, I've had more laughs at the dentist.

Appreciate I'm not the target audience but neither was I for (eg) The IT Crowd which I thought was brilliant.

Can't remember if i've mentioned it already, been a long few days.

I sat through and watched Singing in the rain the other week. Wow. What a film.

In my nativity I've ignored a lot of "early" films because i'm a dick. I thought they'd be too old hat and bland....how wrong was I. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's becoming a dad but I genuinely enjoyed it and some of it was hilarious. The humour, I expected to be cheesy (some can be) but some of it was on point. It was great. I thought Donald O'Connor was the best bit about it though, his 'Make 'em laugh' scene is spectacular.

And for those who don't want to watch the entire film (I do recommend doing so), here's the scene in question.

Edited by Lowensda

Strange because I'm not a lover of period drama as a rule, but I'm hooked on Poldark.

Second series coming to an end but filming of the third has already started; BBC at its best imo.

my wife and I love that show as well. We watched last season and waited and waited for this season, only a couple episodes in (here in america) but really enjoying it. I enjoy seeing a different side of the island (Cornwall) and learning about it's history. I didn't realize there was so much mining there, I thought that was mostly in more mountainous regions.

my wife and I love that show as well. We watched last season and waited and waited for this season, only a couple episodes in (here in america) but really enjoying it. I enjoy seeing a different side of the island (Cornwall) and learning about it's history. I didn't realize there was so much mining there, I thought that was mostly in more mountainous regions.

My wife hates it (even though she has Cornwall heritage); go figure.

I'm actually not a fan of Cornwall even though I live just up the road from it, not even sure why; just not as appealing as Devon for me (sorry Steve).

started watching Lucifer.

Jury still out

Loved it. First seasons are better.

Louis - saw Strange. IMAX, 3D.

Woah.

A feast for the eyes or what? Probably the most visually impressive film I've ever seen. Some films have a jump sequence with CGI and it looks terrible. In Strange there is SOOOOO much going on and it all looks stunning. Well worth seeing it in 3D if anyone is planning to see it.

Edited by Lowensda

If anyone hasn't watched Ray Donovan then do it - cracking TV show.

In some ways its a bit like Grand Theft Auto (I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that) - some of the acting is superb namely Jon Voight and Eddie Marsan. Its a bit of a slow burner to start with but the last series was amazing.

I love Lucifer. I'll be waiting until the whole of season 2 is released before watching that.

Made a start on Luke Cage now. Only the first episode so far.

Enjoyed the new Jack Reacher film, Doctor Strange and The Accountant are next up on my movie watching list.

I gave up on Luke Cage halfway through its very ploddy and far to niche for a Marvel spin off I just couldn't really get into the story the characters etc, I hope Iron Fist is better

Watched the first Jack Reacher again the other day to refresh on it before giving the second a go loved the first one so hoping the second does it justice

Strange is a cinema jobby as he's one of my favorite characters so I'll nerd out to that fairly soon

Loved it. First seasons are better.

Louis - saw Strange. IMAX, 3D.

Woah.

A feast for the eyes or what? Probably the most visually impressive film I've ever seen. Some films have a jump sequence with CGI and it looks terrible. In Strange there is SOOOOO much going on and it all looks stunning. Well worth seeing it in 3D if anyone is planning to see it.

Loved Doctor Strange. Marvel Studios at their very best.