Newcastle (H)...Romelu Lukaku

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Leighton Baines

Chelsea (H)...Gareth Barry

Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley

Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley

West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman

Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

McCarthy for me. Was strong on the ball, found teammates and did well defensively.

Barkley took to many touches and was dispossessed too often. He played too safe, balls to the wing that don't go past any players. Only exception was that ball to Mirallas that either he or McCarthy played, I'm not 100% sure. Mirallas and Naismith barely created anything of note and Deulofeu didn't improve things either. Lukaku became sloppier as the game went on and eventually disappeared, in part because we simply didn't get the ball up front anymore. Coleman was being raced past by City players all the time.

Naismith all day long.

I'd like to find out which make of tv his knockers this season are watching, as it seems to me there is a bandwagon of 'anti-naismith' fans regardless of performance.

Turning point: Coleman losing his head. I thought he was found out a lot today and Hibbert will have been shaking his head at the way Kolarov eased past him again and again.

Not too easy, Defensively we were pretty poor down the right (Coleman was mostly to blame I feel.) But the lads did work hard Distin ran his socks off, It would have been nice to have an easy choice up front or midfield BUT they were not that bad and not that good. So I returned my thinking to the defence. Nothing brilliant, but in the end I went for Jags for his work rate and great tackles.

mccarthy for me, can someone please in that team stand up and fucks these arrogant opposition players giving the treatment to our naive boys. Someone should have had toure for pushing barkley and influencing the ref to give a foul against him.

Milner should have been fearing for his legs after his atrocious challenge on mccarthy - we needed that nasty cahill/ferguson streak out there that stood no shit.

far too nice boys, for me i'm looking at jags, start being a captain!

He should probably start being a defender first. There's not been much evidence of that recently.

yeah, there's a deffo a list for him to sort out. But I expect him to bring a pressure and a counter argument to the other team. He shit out of getting involved which I certainly attribute to the refs approach to us.

Naismith all day long.

I'd like to find out which make of tv his knockers this season are watching, as it seems to me there is a bandwagon of 'anti-naismith' fans regardless of performance.

Turning point: Coleman losing his head. I thought he was found out a lot today and Hibbert will have been shaking his head at the way Kolarov eased past him again and again.

Let the record reflect it was the big ugly City forward who saw fit to put his head in Coleman's grill. Not his finest performance for sure but the blind pass inside the full-back for the first one we conceded was sublime. On the penalty kick I would say that was a harsh decision and a very soft penalty. If Kolarov was easing past him I wonder who was tracking back to help him. Was if Feet of Stone <Naismith> per chance? His performance in the second half was woeful - his only contribution was causing two City players to be injured with a sneaky shove - and what about his simulation in the penalty box? That was embarrassing.

Gareth Barry because today showed how much we missed him, our midfield was none existent today and were completely out manoeuvred, out thought and out fought

For a side that puts so much emphasis on its passing we were ridiculously sloppy and gave away possession fat too easily al game, I just don't think we got going at all today

Really disappointing performance, we didn't even have a pen knife to take to the fight today!

I thought Naismith was shite but not quite as bad as everyone else so went for him

Ye, naismith was amazing!!!!!!!!!!@ best player av ever seen running down down those wings, taking players on at will in an Everton shirt.

Open your fucking eyes and read the forum. No one has said that Naismith is an amazing player. I know youre only trolling around, fishing for a fight so I wont bite but have a look around here on the forum and read instead of interpreting and making up shit.

Can't access the poll, since I'm writing from my phone, but I'd have to give to McCarthy. He was the most consistent/solid of the bunch. Second would be Naisy even though I don't rate him -- purely based on his work ethic. I thought the rest became increasingly lazy or sloppy as the match went on.

Naismith and McCarthy both played really well I thought and in contention for MOTM.

Coleman never stopped working and was always trying to be an option down the wing.

Lukaku was again a beast in the first half, but really struggled to make much of an impact in the second half due to how hard he'd worked.

Osman was completely anonymous for me, and needs to miss out next game.

Jagielka looked scared to death every time he got the ball, and stopped the pace of some of our counter attacking.

Would love to see a video montage of every touch Naismith had during the game because I must be missing something, In the game I watched yesterday he looked awful, as he has every time I have seen him yet he seems to be getting mainly positive reviews on here. The main positive seems to be his effort, and I admit he is a tryer, but in terms of footballing ability I just don't see any, his touch is awful, decision making poor, creativity non-existent, lacks pace and/or power and has no skill with the ball at his feet. Like I say I would genuinely like to know what I a missing, because he can't be that bad if the manager continues to pick him, the fans largely seem to be happy with his contribution and even the match commentators yesterday were very complimentary about his performance.

P.s. McCarthy Motm for me, tidy and effective without being spectacular and no-one else really stood out.

until we have enough players available or quality to have naismith on the bench then you are going to have to get used to his lack of quality on the ball. off the ball which was 56% of the game he was very good, as he always is.

I'm not backwards at coming forwards with a good moan but for fucks sake there were 14 players used yesterday. the second half we may as well have had a statue in place of lukaku - but oh no! he's boyond criticism and naismith is the easy target. duelofeu... did he even do a thing? or even give a shit?, but he's the next messi so on to naismith we go....

lets use naismith as a barometer - when he is one of our better players you know not enough of our more talented ones have bothered to turn up. yesterday was a case of that. you'd think we spent £10m on him..

Edited by Hafnia

Haf Lukaku did what he is paid to do......score.......naismith doesn't get paid to chase shadows. I bet you were one of those who wanked over victor running himself into the ground chasing, only to be shite when it came to doing what he was in the side to do.

Completely laughable comments.

Zoo, another member of the moyes swingers club.... Big up the non footballers and kill off any expression players, labelling them as show boaters..... You are the ideal evertonian for BK.... Keep quiet (even at the match), accept mid table and shout from the roof tops, we have eleven warriors hard to break down........who's laughable!

Overall no one stood out as such but this wasn't helped by us not being given the opportunity to go 2-1 up and potentially have gone in at half-time with a lead. After the timing/our lack of discipline for their 2nd goal the contest seemed to be over and Man C took total control in 2nd half really.

Naismith was arguably our best player in the 1st half but he was very poor in the 2nd. Ross had a poor game but kept going which is a huge positive. I must say I agree with those saying McCarthy over the 90minutes.

Overall I'm not too down over the end result but just annoyed by maybe what could have been.

Zoo, another member of the moyes swingers club.... Big up the non footballers and kill off any expression players, labelling them as show boaters..... You are the ideal evertonian for BK.... Keep quiet (even at the match), accept mid table and shout from the roof tops, we have eleven warriors hard to break down........who's laughable!

you, on so many levels.