IGNORED

Man Of The Match @ West Ham

MikeO

MOTM v West Ham  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ?????????????????????????????????????

• Tim Howard
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Sylvain Distin
    • Joseph Yobo
    • Leighton Baines
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Dan Gosling
    • Louis Saha
    • Tim Cahill
    • Yakubu (on 57)
    • Neill (on 75)

pollresizear5.jpg

_46691666_008248404-1.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Rodwell 93

Saha 88

Bilyaletdinov 73

Pienaar 71

Hibbert 63

Fellaini 62

Howard 50

Distin 34

Heitinga 27

Baines 24

Osman 23

Cahill 21

Yakubu 18

Yobo 13

Neill 10

João Alves Jô 6

Gosling 5

Coleman 3

Neville 2

MOTM winners....

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Edited by MikeO

im goin for Johnny, very strong, kept up the chase and good passing. Howard also, again, kept us in it but Johnny pipped him in my eyes.

Just one question, Hibbert scored, do we still riot?

He actually needs to score two goals for us now before we can riot so that he can get into a positive goal tally. Unless he plays unti he is 75 this could be very tricky.

i new that would annoy you i just like to wind you up...i know hes not a superstar but im not wild on slaggin our players off...even jo.

I havn't slagged him off, but I wont praise him for scoring a lucky goal and doing very little else throughout the game. He might be young but he has gone backwards from where he started. When he broke into the team last year (Was it Sunderland or Boro last year in the league?) and he looked confident on the ball and actually took players on and got the ball past people. He just doesn't seem to be able to do that anymore, he has one trick and tries it over again. I would have thought that he would really really be out to impress at the moment in terms of a genuine performance at the moment. I know the lads young and not a superstar, but the way he is progressing i'm not convinced that he'll make it at the top level. Fair play for scoring today, but he needs to begin kicking on if he wants to make something of himself. Either by making a difference from the bench or looking at least comfertable in the first team. In his defence he is being put into a weakened team, maybe he will start to improve with better players around him but he shouldn't really rely on good players around him to look good.

Except for the two goals match of the day showed nothing except saves by Howard.

Therfore Howard is the man of the match :blink:

Gosling hasn't impressed much this season.....but then he's not alone is he!

The better the team are playing (which probably means players back from injury) the easier it will be for the likes of Gosling and Rodwell.

Except for the two goals match of the day showed nothing except saves by Howard.

Therfore Howard is the man of the match :blink:

Gosling hasn't impressed much this season.....but then he's not alone is he!

The better the team are playing (which probably means players back from injury) the easier it will be for the likes of Gosling and Rodwell.

Thats because not much happened, certainly Green didnt have anything to do except pick the ball out of the net twice.

As for MOTM Johnny probably (as a few have mentioned already), he dont half go in hard.

Yakubu did OK for the short time he was on.

Fellaini seems to get clumsier (if that is at all possible).

Baines wasnt too bad, at least when he gets the ball there seems to be some intention of going forward.

Cahill was very ordinary (along with a host of others).

Had to go for Johnny, got about them all day and never shied away from a tackle. Great hit from Saha, but he didn't last. Fellaini set out playing well but picked up too many fouls and that held him back in the second half. Yakubu looked much better, but I think right now we have two strikers who are both more effective coming off the bench. In the end the win is crucial, but we hardly deserved it. The international break might just help us right the ship and push on.

In a really strange game, where we played as bad as we have this season but managed to pilfer the three points, no-one had an outstanding game. The defence looked shaky, Yobo was skinned by Parker, lost his bearings on a few occasions, was caught in possession more than once and passes went astray, so don't see how he was MOM. Distin was likewise. Hibbert and Gosling(apart from scoring) had nightmares, gave the ball away most times and caught in possession that many times I lost count. Baines was the best defender on the pitch for us without doing anything out of the ordinary. The midfield was non-creative but did get stuck in, which was one plus on the day, whilst Saha was totally starved of any decent service apart from Cahills tenacity in creating his goal. This all may sound negative but if we where playing any decent side yetserday we would have taken a mauling. I am happy with the three points but the bigger picture shows a disjointed team at the moment, lacking flair, pace and skill. Hopefully Moyes can orchestrate a change for the better.

By the way, Howard got my MOM, made a few regualtion saves and actually commanded his area a bit better and actually came for soem crosses confidentally.

Interesting bit of a West Ham site report...http://www.westhamtillidie.com/

The difference between the two sides was named Fellaini. He had an astonishingly influential game. There seemed to be two of him on the pitch on occasion. He had an absolute stormer of a game. Everything Everton did went through him. He won virtually every header, every tackle, and virtually every pass went where it was intended. A fantastic performance.

Must have been a different game to the one I watched. I saw the ball almost trickle past Felli a few times and go to a Spammer. He just stolled along as though nothing much was happening.

Ok he did get up to a jog a few times, but even that didn't last too long.

I saw Heits do well but as everyone is going for him or Howard I looked elsewhere.

In the end I went for King Louis. He showed class and also scored a decent goal.

Must have been a different game to the one I watched. I saw the ball almost trickle past Felli a few times and go to a Spammer. He just stolled along as though nothing much was happening.

Ok he did get up to a jog a few times, but even that didn't last too long.

I saw Heits do well but as everyone is going for him or Howard I looked elsewhere.

In the end I went for King Louis. He showed class and also scored a decent goal.

1st half fellaini along with saha were our only players who looked dangerous, and westham didnt know how to deal with the big man

From that site...

"The difference between the two sides was named Fellaini. He had an astonishingly influential game. There seemed to be two of him on the pitch on occasion. He had an absolute stormer of a game. Everything Everton did went through him. He won virtually every header, every tackle, and virtually every pass went where it was intended. A fantastic performance."

Really?

Its not what people are saying on here?

In a really strange game, where we played as bad as we have this season but managed to pilfer the three points, no-one had an outstanding game. The defence looked shaky, Yobo was skinned by Parker, lost his bearings on a few occasions, was caught in possession more than once and passes went astray, so don't see how he was MOM. Distin was likewise. Hibbert and Gosling(apart from scoring) had nightmares, gave the ball away most times and caught in possession that many times I lost count. Baines was the best defender on the pitch for us without doing anything out of the ordinary. The midfield was non-creative but did get stuck in, which was one plus on the day, whilst Saha was totally starved of any decent service apart from Cahills tenacity in creating his goal. This all may sound negative but if we where playing any decent side yetserday we would have taken a mauling. I am happy with the three points but the bigger picture shows a disjointed team at the moment, lacking flair, pace and skill. Hopefully Moyes can orchestrate a change for the better.

By the way, Howard got my MOM, made a few regualtion saves and actually commanded his area a bit better and actually came for soem crosses confidentally.

Lol you must have gone to a different game than me because in the game I saw Yobo was superb

I voted for Heitinga yesterday but after watching it again on Football First I think Joey should probably have nicked it. He had a really good game making a lot of decent interceptions. Saying that though he did let Stanislas go for the OG and should have tracked him better.