IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

I'm probably reading too much into it, but in fellaini's interview after the UTD game, he said something like " there's only 4 games left for ME" now.. I know his english isnt the best but I hope there isn't already a deal lined up for him.

I did notice that, his comments after the game were slightly odd, but its hard to tell at times like you said due to the language thing. Edited by theprisoner

If they want Fellaini, I'd sell. He's the only player I can see getting us the kind of money to pay off the banks and allow us to reinforce ourselves in a number of positions. If we would sell (let's say) Jagielka. He could make us about 10m? 5m or more would go the banks, then we'd have less than 5m to get us a replacement and reinforcements. On the onder hand, if we would get 22m for Fellaini, 1/4th of that would probably be enough to settle this year's bank debts. Then we'd still have about 15m to reinforce us. I think we'd be better off without Fellaini and a couple of cheaper Gibson/Jelavic type signings (like Pienaar for 3m) than with Fellaini and no other signings.

If Fellaini went then I'd shit through my eyes. He has been one of our best players this season and shoulden't be sold under no circumstances, I coulden't give a flying fuck what situation our finances are in we could raise the money in much better ways that selling our best midfielder.

I knew about the Fellaini rumour but i would'nt want us to let him go for £22m, id say £30m+ at least

Andy Carroll went to Liverpool for £35,000,000. On that basis I'd want at least £70,000,000 for Fellaini which pretty much says what Redknapp did with Modric. If you want him then you're going to have to break your bank to do it.

If Fellaini went then I'd shit through my eyes. He has been one of our best players this season and shoulden't be sold under no circumstances, I coulden't give a flying fuck what situation our finances are in we could raise the money in much better ways that selling our best midfielder.

Andy Carroll went to Liverpool for £35,000,000. On that basis I'd want at least £70,000,000 for Fellaini which pretty much says what Redknapp did with Modric. If you want him then you're going to have to break your bank to do it.

The Carroll thing only happened because he is an english player though, he is a £12-15m player at the very most, and Modric is never ever a £40m player i don't honestly think he is a £20m player,Spurs just did'nt want to sell to Chelsea, thats all that was about. i think a fee of £30m or more is plenty for Fellaini, thats £10m to the bank and £20m+ on new blood, thing is Zoo, if the clubs finnaces are THAT bad, then we have to be logical about it, it's a business at the end of the day, and as much as we all want investment Bill looks like he's in it for the long haul sad.png Edited by theprisoner

How's that? Triple the cost of season tickets? The banks are going to want their money next year. We are not suddenly going to sign a sponsoring contract that doubles our income.

What would you prefer? Fellaini on the team next year, but selling Jagielka or Heitinga and signing only a cheaper replacement for them? Or Fellaini sold, but let's say Pienaar, Hoilett, Clyne and a 5m winger signing?

One step forward, two steps back. We finally get some fluidity in the midfield with Gibson and Felli forming a good partnership and now we're gonna sell him? We'll be back to where we were at the start of the season where it's give the ball to Baines and hope someone gets a head on his cross. I don't understand why we would sell him? You're not going to get anyone near his level of dominance in the midfield for us IMO.

One step forward, two steps back. We finally get some fluidity in the midfield with Gibson and Felli forming a good partnership and now we're gonna sell him? We'll be back to where we were at the start of the season where it's give the ball to Baines and hope someone gets a head on his cross. I don't understand why we would sell him? You're not going to get anyone near his level of dominance in the midfield for us IMO.

Agree totally.

And @ Steve yes, that's exactly what I would do. I don't see how we are going to move forward as a football club by selling our best players. If it comes down to it we shall sell Jagielka and get a replacement and the money can come from elsewhere. I've said it till I'm blue in the face but I don't understand why we still have Rodwell on our books, we should cash in on him and spend the money which we get for him on a decent footballer because at the moment he does sweet fuck all for us (and hasn't done anything for a few seasons now).

Agree totally.

And @ Steve yes, that's exactly what I would do. I don't see how we are going to move forward as a football club by selling our best players. If it comes down to it we shall sell Jagielka and get a replacement and the money can come from elsewhere. I've said it till I'm blue in the face but I don't understand why we still have Rodwell on our books, we should cash in on him and spend the money which we get for him on a decent footballer because at the moment he does sweet fuck all for us (and hasn't done anything for a few seasons now).

Seriously, who is going to buy Rodwell, he is out injured with the same injury he has had before with no idea of a return date, and he is what 23,24 that does bode for a succesful career outlook, we would be lucky to get £5m for him

Agree totally.

I bet plenty of teams will be battling for his services then.

You just have to look at Newcastle. They sold their best players last year and now they're better than before.

I'm not saying that we could get £10,000,000 for him but what I am saying is that if we need to raise some money then he has to be one of the options. Nobody is going to pay big bucks for him but surely somebody would buy him. I mean look at the likes of Wigan, or some of the teams that are coming into the Premiership this year, surely one of them will look at Rodwell and decide that he is worth a punt.

Rodwell's only 21 btw. And I think he was playing very well for us this season around the time he got that goal against Newcastle. Certainly enough potential to be a regular for us. So it would be dumb to sell him now that he's been injured for months.

Anyway, I'm only going to repeat myself (and nothing what you say is going to change my mind happy.png ) so I'll keep it to this post:

I think we'll be a better team if we sell Fellaini and sign let's say 4 good players than if we'd keep him and don't add anything to the squad.

Rodwell's only 21 btw. And I think he was playing very well for us this season around the time he got that goal against Newcastle. Certainly enough potential to be a regular for us. So it would be dumb to sell him now that he's been injured for months. Anyway, I'm only going to repeat myself (and nothing what you say is going to change my mind) so I'll keep it to this post. I think we'll be a better team if we sell Fellaini and sign let's say 4 good players than if we'd keep him and don't add anything to the squad.

Well I disagree with everything said in that post, but I don't mean it in a nasty way. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one :)

If they want Fellaini, I'd sell. He's the only player I can see getting us the kind of money to pay off the banks and allow us to reinforce ourselves in a number of positions. If we would sell (let's say) Jagielka. He could make us about 10m? 5m or more would go the banks, then we'd have less than 5m to get us a replacement and reinforcements. On the onder hand, if we would get 22m for Fellaini, 1/4th of that would probably be enough to settle this year's bank debts. Then we'd still have about 15m to reinforce us. I think we'd be better off without Fellaini and a couple of cheaper Gibson/Jelavic type signings (like Pienaar for 3m) than with Fellaini and no other signings.

I dont, would liverpool have sold gerrard in his prime? no we wont ever get any better because we always decide to sell our best players and go in for shite championship ones to replace them or unknown foreigners, because I really dont no who people think we will get in whos even half the player its not fucking football manager now he's our best player by a mile in a position we have been weak for years and if we sold him it would show our club has no ambition whatsoever and we would only pay off debts who cares about the debts improve the team not sell our players for money we wont get simple as.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Just a small point, but do we really need to sign anyone this summer? All this 'sell to buy' stuff is all well and good, but why buy for the sake of it, Moyes did his business in January and we're looking a real team now. I'm sure on of the reasons we start every season so shit is that our squad gets unsettled by uncertainties over who's going out and who's coming in - we'd be better off just keeping our heads down and concentrating on building on what has been a fantastic few months. Ok granted it would mean signing Pienaar, but I'd slap 50 million of Fellaini and tell anyone who wants him to stump up of fuck off, he's integral to us getting to where we wanna be, which is in Europe and winning a trophy, which has got to be worth 50 million to the club.

Just a small point, but do we really need to sign anyone this summer? All this 'sell to buy' stuff is all well and good, but why buy for the sake of it, Moyes did his business in January and we're looking a real team now. I'm sure on of the reasons we start every season so shit is that our squad gets unsettled by uncertainties over who's going out and who's coming in - we'd be better off just keeping our heads down and concentrating on building on what has been a fantastic few months. Ok granted it would mean signing Pienaar, but I'd slap 50 million of Fellaini and tell anyone who wants him to stump up of fuck off, he's integral to us getting to where we wanna be, which is in Europe and winning a trophy, which has got to be worth 50 million to the club.

We do need signings, Pienaar for one, backup for Baines, a right winger and someone to play with Jelavic as Cahill is clearly past his best. Also its not about selling our best players, sometimes we don't have a choice due to the off-feild situation we find ourselves in.

We're looking a real team now, but will we when Pienaar's gone? Osman, Gueye and Coleman will be our three wing options if he's gone. What if Osman gets injured? Plus, we will have to sell to pay off debts. Might as well sell someone who'll allow us to improve ourselves then.

We all want the best Everton team possible. Some think we get that by holding on to Fellaini. I think we get that by selling Fellaini, signing Pienaar and a couple of Jelavic-type players and pay-off debts at the same time.

Edited by Steve_E

Guest blueboy122

We do need signings maybe three or four. Only players that will improve the squad however, not the Darron Gibson type of signings like someone has mentioned. Some fans just arent ambitious enough I feel, quote "selling fellani and buying players like Darron Gibson" How are we ever meant to push on and progress by selling our best players evey time the fucking transfer window opens. We might as well just be a feeder club....

I don't understand why Gibson gets the flack that he does, he might not be Lionel Messi but he's been a solid signing for us and the fee we paid for him was an absolute steal. I'd welcome more Gibson-esqe signings to the team.

Like I said in the other thread selling Fellaini is the prime-example of a non-ambitious club. It'd be a shocking decision to let him go (for any fee).

Agree with this.

I don't understand why Gibson gets the flack that he does, he might not be Lionel Messi but he's been a solid signing for us and the fee we paid for him was an absolute steal. I'd welcome more Gibson-esqe signings to the team.

Like I said in the other thread selling Fellaini is the prime-example of a non-ambitious club. It'd be a shocking decision to let him go (for any fee).

Of course it would be but what im saying is that we may not have a choice in the matter.

Guest blueboy122

I also agree with this apart from the fact that we do need to sign players in order to keep progressing. I want Everton to make the step up what ever the next step is, Euro qualification? Champions league?

Of course it would be but what im saying is that we may not have a choice in the matter.

Of course we have a choice, united are in hundreds of millions in debt wer not even 50 million in debt but all we bloody well hear about it debt this debt that we cant afford great players with the money we have so why sell our best player to get 3 average players and pay some money off seems like people are in football manager world to me fellani is our best player if he did go who would blame the likes of johnny and baines for leaving its a no brainer for me we would end up a championship team in no time if moyes listened to some of the shite on here.

We do need signings maybe three or four. Only players that will improve the squad however, not the Darron Gibson type of signings like someone has mentioned. Some fans just arent ambitious enough I feel, quote "selling fellani and buying players like Darron Gibson" How are we ever meant to push on and progress by selling our best players evey time the fucking transfer window opens. We might as well just be a feeder club....

finally someone with some bloody sense, gibson has been a good signing for the money to be fair, would play him before osman anyway and ossie isnt a bad player so ive got no problem with that its the same old money shite that does my head in. look at downing and henderson how any everton fan would take 20 million for fellaini makes me just sick to think them shite spend 20 on 2 average players and probably the best player we have had in years could go for the same amount.

Edited by Blue4Ever

We're looking a real team now, but will we when Pienaar's gone? Osman, Gueye and Coleman will be our three wing options if he's gone. What if Osman gets injured? Plus, we will have to sell to pay off debts. Might as well sell someone who'll allow us to improve ourselves then.

We all want the best Everton team possible. Some think we get that by holding on to Fellaini. I think we get that by selling Fellaini, signing Pienaar and a couple of Jelavic-type players and pay-off debts at the same time.

Lol You should be a scout because if you could find a couple of Jelavic type players , sign Piennar and still have change to pay off debts then you could name your own price wages wise !

I do see what your getting at though, but surely selling Felli would be sending out the wrong message to the rest of the squad. If there were any ambitious players, either withinb our squad or considering jopining then the message to them would be loud and clear... find another club

Why should the likes of Baines want to play for us if he knows the club arent going anywhere?