IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Lol You should be a scout because if you could find a couple of Jelavic type players , sign Piennar and still have change to pay off debts then you could name your own price wages wise !

I do see what your getting at though, but surely selling Felli would be sending out the wrong message to the rest of the squad. If there were any ambitious players, either withinb our squad or considering jopining then the message to them would be loud and clear... find another club

Why should the likes of Baines want to play for us if he knows the club arent going anywhere?

I meant players in the Jelavic price range.

Also, why would selling Fellaini for 20m+ mean we're not going anywhere? Did selling Lescott turn out to be such a bad move?

I meant players in the Jelavic price range.

Also, why would selling Fellaini for 20m+ mean we're not going anywhere? Did selling Lescott turn out to be such a bad move?

Lescott was not worth half what they payed and wouldnt get near citys team its only becuase savic has looked so bad theres no one else with toure's problems aswell or he wouldnt be starting most games, but money is no matter with city and by the way unless you forgot pienaar and drenthe are going back other than them fellaini is the only other midfielder we have with any class at all do you want to see us hoofing it up to jason roberts with players like neville osman gueye coleman in midfield because thats what its looking like i know jelevic isnt going anywhere but ffs whats our best 11 going to look like next year because it saddens me thinking about it.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Lescott was not worth half what they payed and wouldnt get near citys team its only becuase savic has looked so bad theres no one else with toure's problems aswell or he wouldnt be starting most games, but money is no matter with city and by the way unless you forgot pienaar and drenthe are going back other than them fellaini is the only other midfielder we have with any class at all do you want to see us hoofing it up to jason roberts with players like neville osman gueye coleman in midfield because thats what its looking like i know jelevic isnt going anywhere but ffs whats our best 11 going to look like next year because it saddens me thinking about it.

If we would sell Fellaini, we would be able to buy other players, like Pienaar. (I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself)

How any Everton fan can dismiss still dismiss Osman is beyond me. Gueye doesn't look a bad player either, completely left out Rodwell, Gibson, Cahill and Barkley as well.

How any Everton fan can dismiss still dismiss Osman is beyond me. Gueye doesn't look a bad player either, completely left out Rodwell, Gibson, Cahill and Barkley as well.

get over yourself he plays good now and then most inconsistant player we have and im not having a go at him but he wont ever be a top player but im not against him he has been a good servant over the years but you tell me what teams osman would start for and get back to me.

get over yourself he plays good now and then most inconsistant player we have and im not having a go at him but he wont ever be a top player but im not against him he has been a good servant over the years but you tell me what teams osman would start for and get back to me.

Osman would play regularly in a central position in most teams in the premier league - maybe only man.city and Chelsea he wouldn't get 20plus games a season at.

Everyone has their price, everyone, just look at Ronaldo. The question is what is Felliani's price and is anyone willing to pay it. I would say he is worth 25-30m in the current market (based on age, contract length, ability and other recent transfers). If anyone comes in with a bid that big for him I would be gutted to lose him but would completey understand why the club has to accept it, It would give us enough money to bring in a replacement, appease the banks and strengthen the squad elsewhere. I don't see this as a lack of ambition, just the way it is, football is a business.

Of course we have a choice, united are in hundreds of millions in debt wer not even 50 million in debt but all we bloody well hear about it debt this debt that we cant afford great players with the money we have so why sell our best player to get 3 average players and pay some money off seems like people are in football manager world to me fellani is our best player if he did go who would blame the likes of johnny and baines for leaving its a no brainer for me we would end up a championship team in no time if moyes listened to some of the shite on here.

finally someone with some bloody sense, gibson has been a good signing for the money to be fair, would play him before osman anyway and ossie isnt a bad player so ive got no problem with that its the same old money shite that does my head in. look at downing and henderson how any everton fan would take 20 million for fellaini makes me just sick to think them shite spend 20 on 2 average players and probably the best player we have had in years could go for the same amount.

Yes, but the United business model means that they manage their debt and can still be able to spend big money on players, we have season after season of going into transfer windows struggling to compete in the market, if our board got their act together we would'nt need to sell our players all the time would we.

He'd get in the Spurs team, something Pienaar couldnt do.

I'm with nogs from the last page.

Let's not sell anyone, try to get the £3m to bring pienaar back an leave it at that. Get him sorted in June then close the shop. No one in no one out. Let the players and the worlds press know that and lets go.

From my iPhone

The message the club is portraying if they cash in on Fellaini is that the aim of the club in the long term is to produce good players and sell them to keep them afloat. Wouldn't a better and more sustainable idea be to keep those good players so we can progress, and then look for alternative ways to settle the debt without selling the key players?

First option is just seeing us selling the Fellaini's, the Baines's to keep afloat and sit mid table where we will be for years to come.

Second option sees us retaining those players, competing in Europa/Champions League and attracting others to want to be at Everton.

I know which kind of club I would back if I was a deep pocketed investor.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea ready to offer £20m ..... http://www.sos1878.c...r-20m-fellaini/

no suprise there, lost what respect i had for jags for even mentioning fellaini to the media when he should have been saying how amazed he was at getting called up for the joke of a season he had but no put a terrible valuation on our best player, im still not over this fellaini crap rather we didnt sign anyone and kept who we have but it doesnt work like that at everton lets show what a business we are and sell a player on for twice as much rather than build a better team wheres the football logic in that we can only go backwards with the people in charge.

Edited by Blue4Ever

no suprise there, lost what respect i had for jags for even mentioning fellaini to the media when he should have been saying how amazed he was at getting called up for the joke of a season he had but no put a terrible valuation on our best player, im still not over this fellaini crap rather we didnt sign anyone and kept who we have but it doesnt work like that at everton lets show what a business we are and sell a player on for twice as much rather than build a better team wheres the football logic in that we can only go backwards with the people in charge.

Are you seriously blaming jags for felli's valuation?! It's not as if Chelsea have been sniffing around before and that sort of price mentioned!!! Do you think if jags had said felli's worth at least £10bn that would make an ounce of difference?!

Edited by c1982

truth is we dont know any valuation. Jags, like a lot of the journos, just pulled a figure out of the air.

Correct, strange that jags mentioned price in the first place (was probably led by qu's) but people are clutching at straws if felli actually goes and they think jags had anything whatsoever to do with it!!!

dear dear dear

Are you seriously blaming jags for felli's valuation?! It's not as if Chelsea have been sniffing around before and that sort of price mentioned!!! Do you think if jags had said felli's worth at least £10bn that would make an ounce of difference?!

No it was the fact he said what he did, would gerrard have come out and said torres is avaliable for so and so million when chelsea were looking at him no, he would have said something like were hoping he wants to say he hasnt said nothing about wanting to leave or whatever but no just go and tell the world one of the best midfielders in the league is avaliable for 20 million maybe its just me but its seems one of the most random things to say to them cunts who will make a story out of nothing anyway you would have thought he had a bit more sense thats what im trying to say

No it was the fact he said what he did, would gerrard have come out and said torres is avaliable for so and so million when chelsea were looking at him no, he would have said something like were hoping he wants to say he hasnt said nothing about wanting to leave or whatever but no just go and tell the world one of the best midfielders in the league is avaliable for 20 million maybe its just me but its seems one of the most random things to say to them cunts who will make a story out of nothing anyway you would have thought he had a bit more sense thats what im trying to say

You do know Jagielka doesn't deal with our transfers right? Moyes can still say no dry.png

He's a Premier League footballer, of course he doesn't wink.png Edited by theprisoner

Jags just answered a question thats all. Just gave a simple honest evaluation of his own opinion. Makes no difference to Fellis price whatsoever and no difference to if he goes or not. Chelsea have been interested for twelve months.

Just a comment on Ossie too. i think he would get into any first team outside the top six. he is seriously under-rated and a good honest pro that most teams would die for.

Back onto the subject of Felli. I agree that we should not sell and not spend anything other than money for Peanuts. We have a few young ones coming through now and we can progress by doing it our way. we can cry and moan every year but all it is going to do is pressure the board into selling us to the wrong people.

I would be happy this summer if we can keep everyone at the club and get just one signing......that signing has to be Pienaar.