IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

everyone needs to realise if he does go we wont be getting anyone near as good in the future then we will drop down the league simple as.

huh.png Why?

Similar things were said when Rooney left. If Fellaini does go this summer, we should have the money/wages available to attract quite a few very good players, and that will make us a much more solid outfit overall without relying on Felli as the be all and end all. Holtby for example, out of contract in the summer, if we could add someone of his quality on a free and still have the £30-35m from Felli, of which we would probably see roughly £20-25m (IMO) I'd trust Moyes to bring in quite a few quality players with that sort of money. I think you need to realise we wont go out and try and find a replacement for felli, as i dont think there is anyone out there quite like him, but the team will evolve and with the money Moyes has to spent, he will bring in different players from Felli. We currently look at Felli as an outlet to bring the ball down further up the pitch. With the money we get from Felli, i think we would look to the kind of players who can "unlock" defences, rather than use his physical prowess to "bully" them instead.

I'm all for selling Fellaini for about 30m, then buying a couple of players of about 5-8m (or cheaper of course, if Moyes can find a bargain like Gibson) to strenghten the team in a couple of positions. Preferably though, all the reinforcements would be about 22-25 years old so they could eventually be sold for a big amount of money as well.

Edit: and like GoodisonRoad says, I'd prefer the reinforcements to be more nifty players.

Edited by Steve_E

I'm all for selling Fellaini for about 30m, then buying a couple of players of about 5-8m (or cheaper of course, if Moyes can find a bargain like Gibson) to strenghten the team in a couple of positions. Preferably though, all the reinforcements would be about 22-25 years old so they could eventually be sold for a big amount of money as well.

Edit: and like GoodisonRoad says, I'd prefer the reinforcements to be more nifty players.

Well then you might take a look at what i wrote in the "Everton without Fellaini" topic and give your feedback and opinions on it.

• 2 weeks later...

It only means that he is willing to see his contract out and then leave, leaving Everton nothing. Might be worth it but if Everton wants to get something for him, I suggest selling now or in the summer.

Doesn't need to be yet.....he'll still be worth huge money (assuming he keeps playing the way he is) in summer 2014....after that we could maybe start worrying about the contract running down and his value reducing.

Some reports on Twitter saying he's close to a move to Man U. It's got to be bullshit right? I mean both Moyes & Fellaini have said he's staying put this January. Only possible way I see him moving on this January is if someone came in with a huge, over-market value offer for him.

Moving to Manchester, us rumoured with Lescott, Sinclair and to some extent Guidetti? Would you?

Felli to City, Sinclair, Lescott and Guidetti plus what amount to us?

I wouldn't want to sell Felli to another English club. Even if they did offer them lot. Would rather we ship him away so we wouldn't have to play against the big man. Knowing us though a club will come in and we will go mmmmm give us 20mil and that will be that. If you think how much English players are worth! Henderson - 20 million, Downing - 20 million, CARROLL - 35 million. We should get at least 30 million plus as he is better than ALL them players :).

I wouldn't want to sell Felli to another English club. Even if they did offer them lot. Would rather we ship him away so we wouldn't have to play against the big man. Knowing us though a club will come in and we will go mmmmm give us 20mil and that will be that. If you think how much English players are worth! Henderson - 20 million, Downing - 20 million, CARROLL - 35 million. We should get at least 30 million plus as he is better than ALL them players smile.png.

Agree!

I wouldn't want to sell Felli to another English club. Even if they did offer them lot. Would rather we ship him away so we wouldn't have to play against the big man. Knowing us though a club will come in and we will go mmmmm give us 20mil and that will be that. If you think how much English players are worth! Henderson - 20 million, Downing - 20 million, CARROLL - 35 million. We should get at least 30 million plus as he is better than ALL them players smile.png.

You're giving LFC's ridiculous English transfer policy as an example. It's no reference.

the thing is everton dont hide the fact there skint so whenever we do get a good player we always look ready to cash in. people need to look at arsenal always had a decent team but whenever they get a good player they end up selling them to balance there books whatever you want to call it but they have been no where near the top because of this point if we sold like likes of fellaini baines or pienaar we wouldnt be the same team no where near and not only that the players you do go in for there prices go up so you never end up getting anywhere, liverpool and carrol, newcastle knew liverpool had money and made them panic buy who ever belives we will get 3 players in who are good enough to improve are best 11 with fellaini going out need to think again if he does want to go in the end let him but at the moment he doesnt and if anyone does want him personally wouldnt accept a penny less than 35million

Edited by Blue4Ever

the thing is everton dont hide the fact there skint so whenever we do get a good player we always look ready to cash in. people need to look at arsenal always had a decent team but whenever they get a good player they end up selling them to balance there books whatever you want to call it but they have been no where near the top because of this point if we sold like likes of fellaini baines or pienaar we wouldnt be the same team no where near and not only that the players you do go in for there prices go up so you never end up getting anywhere, liverpool and carrol, newcastle knew liverpool had money and made them panic buy who ever belives we will get 3 players in who are good enough to improve are best 11 with fellaini going out need to think again if he does want to go in the end let him but at the moment he doesnt and if anyone does want him personally wouldnt accept a penny less than 35million

It's not to balance the books, it's to fatten the bank accounts of the owners. Arsenal can perfectly afford these players. Apparently they can also afford all these failures like Chamakh, Arshavin and Squillaci and so on, but they don't seem to feel like selling them cause it's not urgent. They wouldn't make that much of a profit.

Edited by Mirallas

You're giving LFC's ridiculous English transfer policy as an example. It's no reference.

Yeah but it was in general. Look at phil jones - 15 mill for a player who played a season for Blackburn. Young - 15 million. Wright Philips to Chelsea 21 million. Carrack to united, barry, milner, lescott the list of over priced English players goes on. I was using Liverpool as an example as they are the most recent. Fletcher to wolves......ok Scottish but you get what I'm saying. If all these players are worth that much then surely a player like felli would be worth twice what we paid for him or more.

Chelsea have identified Marouane Fellaini as their preferred replacement for Frank Lampard and are planning to trigger a buyout clause in the Everton midfielder’s contract at the end of the season.

It is understood that the five-year deal signed by the Belgian in 2011 allows him to leave Goodison Park if Everton receive a bid of £22 million or more from a Champions League club.

Chelsea were able to take advantage of such a buyout clause in Demba Ba’s contract with Newcastle United to sign the Senegal striker last week and will use similar tactics in an attempt to recruit Fellaini.

Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, is giving consideration to making a sensational offer for Lampard to join the Barclays Premier League leaders and has asked to be kept informed about his intentions.

Lampard is believed to have reservations about joining another English club after 12 years at Chelsea, but an offer from Old Trafford would be difficult to resist, particularly as it would increase his chances of playing in next year’s World Cup finals in Brazil.

Rafael Benítez has been asked about Fellaini and has given his approval, although Chelsea’s plans to sign the Belgium midfielder pre-date the Spaniard’s appointment as interim manager in November.

Fellaini, who scored Everton’s fifth goal in an FA Cup victory away to Cheltenham Town last night, is viewed as a crucial part of the club’s rebuilding exercise as Roman Abramovich seeks to reduce the average age of the squad.

Chelsea are likely to start the bidding with a lower offer in an attempt to exploit Everton’s fragile financial situation. The Merseyside club posted losses of £9 million last week for the year ending June 2012 and have debts of £46 million.

Learning of the buyout clause has given Chelsea hope that they will eventually get their man.

Everton would be reluctant to sell Fellaini and their best chance of retaining him would be to qualify for the Champions League in the hope it would convince him he can fulfil his ambitions at the club, particularly if Chelsea falter. They are fifth, two points and one place behind Chelsea.

Although not a like-for-like replacement for Lampard, who is a more prolific goalscorer, Fellaini is admired at Stamford Bridge for his physical strength, technique and versatility. The 25-year-old can play as a defensive or attacking midfielder, or even a striker.

The former Standard Liège midfielder has scored nine goals for Everton this season and, along with Robin van Persie, Luis Suárez and Juan Mata, has emerged as one of the candidates to be named Footballer of the Year.

Chelsea are short of options in midfield, but will not bid for Fellaini during this month’s transfer window because Lampard will stay for the rest of the season, despite being told he can leave on a free transfer in the summer.

The 34-year-old would like to extend his contract, but there have been no substantive talks over a new deal as a result of a policy decision made by Abramovich.

It is Chelsea’s expectation that Lampard will sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club this month. The Los Angeles Galaxy are his most likely destination, but he may choose to keep his options open until the summer as there will be no shortage of interest from Premier League clubs.

Ferguson is traditionally reluctant to sign older players, but has made exceptions for the likes of Laurent Blanc, Henrik Larsson and Michael Owen, and the expected retirement of Paul Scholes at the end of the season has left him looking for an experienced midfielder.

United are also in the market for a more defensive-minded midfielder and a goalkeeper to ease the pressure on David De Gea. Ferguson is also keeping tabs on Robert Lewandowski and Wilfried Zaha, of Borussia Dortmund and Crystal Palace respectively.

http://www.thetimes....icle3650679.ece