IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

The stupidity of that story. The beginning says 'Felli wants Chelsea move' and then goes onto say 'I am happy at Everton'. It's lazy journalism, he's happy where he is and if we get into Europe this season he will be going nowhere.

It's the sun, they don't do lazy journalism!!! They just make shite up!!!

"Fellaini Wants Chelsea Move"

And then they go on to state that he has three years left on his contract, is happy at Everton, and would prefer to make Champions League with Everton. Exaggerated titles are relatively common in the journalism world and are even preferred by some, but this is just blatant lying.

It's the sun, they don't do lazy journalism!!! They just make shite up!!!

How much is the Sun 'news' paper - 20 pence now is it, although I don't purchase it - point being - you get what you pay for, as always

Fellaini may go at some point in time, nobody knows if we can get champions league soccer again, but the fact of the matter is, I'd hate to lose one of our star players to a team like Chelsea. Don't think I could bring myself to see him in their team and doing well. Can only wait until end of season and see where we find ourselves and what occurs, but you never can tell sometimes what will happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TBH I don't see us getting a CL place at the end of this season, and I don't think anything else short of that would be good enough for Fellaini. Off-loading him in the next transfer window will give us a much needed fund injection. We are capable enough with the current crop, and with more players like Gibson or Mirallas coming in with the money we'd get.

TBH I don't see us getting a CL place at the end of this season, and I don't think anything else short of that would be good enough for Fellaini. Off-loading him in the next transfer window will give us a much needed fund injection. We are capable enough with the current crop, and with more players like Gibson or Mirallas coming in with the money we'd get.

Tbh, even if we'd finished 4th I still think he'd have been off.

A mate of mine said to me this evening that Fellaini's gonna be off in the summer, I said I had to agree and finishing 4th was the only chance we had of him staying but as long as we get the decent price he's worth then I'd much rather lose him than Baines.

Can't argue that Felli's been a big part of our form this season but thats been more due to his goals than anything else imo, and as has already been said we've put in some good performances when he's been missing. Surely we can get a quality goal scoring midfielder for the money whereas Baines creates plenty of chances game after game and is far more consistent, also would be lot tougher to find an equal or better replacement without spending silly money

As much I'd hate to see him go and really hope he doesn't, I don't think it would mean disaster and as long as most of the money went back into the squad it could actually help us build ala Rooney

Rooney is being sold to fund the Ronaldo move so Fellaini won't be going to Manchester United. I could see him going to Chelsea or Real Madrid though and Rooney would be a good replacement, it just a big question as to whether we could afford his wages.

I think Fellaini although a very good player is wrong for Everton in exactly the same way Duncan was and Cahill was.

He is a shortcut to getting the ball in the opponents half without thinking too much about getting the ball down and playing.

Having a player like Felli, Cahill, Dunc - a target man if you will gives the likes of Jags the annoying option of hoofing long diagonal balls from defence.

If he was to be employed in the defensive midfield role then I would be fine, however he isn't. So for me, he is a very expensive Grant Holt. A technically gifted one. However there is no point in having a ferrari if all you are going to do is run it in first gear. He is much more of a player than he is being utilised so its a no brainer to sell i'm afraid.

Rooneys pay packet is a problem. His commercial appeal will drop (image rights) playing for us, he still has another 3 years before he will consider us, by which time I hope we are too good for him.

He appears to be on the decline now, as predicted by many, his weight and lack of natural fitness (needing to play every game to stay fit) will shorten his career.

For me he is not worth the money he will cost (£25m) - he will bring out the best in more players than felli does. He will be a leader that we need, someone who will not accept us sitting back on 1-0's - but he would need to be priced at £15m for it to be of value. He would need to take a 50% pay cut also.

My guess is that he will go to PSG, Bayern, Arsenal or Chelsea. City may try just to annoy fergie but for me he will have a lucrative 2 years elsewhere, his rat of an agent will make sure of that.

Edited by Hafnia

I can see him going to PSG myself. Other English players such as Joey Barton and David Beckham have gone there so I don't see why he wouldn't also, if PSG are prepared to pay a 37 year old top money (granted Beckham is giving it all away) then they won't hesitate to take on Wayne.

He may however feel that he has enough money in the bank and may want to come back to us merely because he loves Everton. It's always an option but one I very much doubt will happen.

I can see him going to PSG myself. Other English players such as Joey Barton and David Beckham have gone there so I don't see why he wouldn't also, if PSG are prepared to pay a 37 year old top money (granted Beckham is giving it all away) then they won't hesitate to take on Wayne.

He may however feel that he has enough money in the bank and may want to come back to us merely because he loves Everton. It's always an option but one I very much doubt will happen.

Barton does not play for PSG.

I meant Barton has gone to the French league, if no English players had gone I don't think Rooney would be the first but considering Barton & Beckham are already playing there I think he would be more happy joining.

I actually agree with you're point earlier about Madrid though, money + Rooney would surely seal a deal for Cristiano. Its just whether Rooney does well there or ends up like Michael Owen did.

I can't see Rooney here not in the next couple of years anyway....I can see him staying at United for another season or two people have only really starting talking about it since he was left on the bench the other night.

That decision looked like a master stroke from Fergie until the game got turned on it's head, his contribution to them is worth far more then some give him credit for he basically runs the show for them these days with how Fergie deploys him, plus Ronaldo will be way to expensive.

If Fellaini does go i just hope we are given the funds to strengthen but if it does happen in the summer the question is who will be spending what money we do get from any sale?

Rooney is dropped to the bench for 1 game and suddenly hes leaving Utd.... doh.gif

Exactly... but it was a bloody big game! Saying he's going is very knee-jerk by the media but I think him being dropped for such a big game does say a lot his long term future at ManU. He'll have his head on being their top scorer of all time.

Exactly... but it was a bloody big game! Saying he's going is very knee-jerk by the media but I think him being dropped for such a big game does say a lot his long term future at ManU. He'll have his head on being their top scorer of all time.

Its only 1 game though! We dont know whats going on in the background (injury/sickness, managers confidence in his other players - Welbeck and Nani played well behind RVP) but im amazed that theres any speculation about his future.

Back on track, anyone want to have a guess at what the transfer fee for Felli will be? I would hope for a Modric size fee, 30-35m. That plus the fresh TV money would put us in good stead, no?

On Rooney I thought straight away it was a good tactical choice from old rudolph as Madrid would never as with us expected that set up and player exclusion so may have set up and set out expecting Rooney and possibly Kagawa to start...who knows?

Fellaini has to be worth realistically £30m in todays market and I can see a few big clubs coming in for him hopefully causing a bidding war.

IF He went for that kind of money and IF Moyes was still here next season I'd hope He would be given around £20m of that, We could really bolster our first 11 and squad with that kind of money if spent wisely..all if's and but's at the moment though as they say.