IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

I have to agree Dunc.

He's too much in the spotlight for me. He's a player like any other at the end of the day, and needs to be treated and judged fairly, and not because he stands out.

Howard - pulled his socks up recently

Baines - not as involved as much as he has in the past.

Distin - Losing a bit of confidence but still solid

Heitinga - Unsettled

Hibbert - was in good form before injury

Jags - vulnerable to being caught out of position

Coleman - Quickly becoming my player of the season

Neville - best years behind him

Osman - Uninvolved and not enough consistency

Pienaar - looks too comfortable

Gibson - does ok

Oviedo - refreshing spirit

Hitzlsperger - too early to tell

Fellaini - too much expectation on him

Mirallas - still finding his feet

Naismith - a striker played in midfield

Jelavic - not getting the service

Anichebe - Another contender for my player of the season

Fellaini has always done his fair share of work as far as I am concerned. I think sometimes he gets frustrated when he is playing off the striker because he goes through spells of not making an impact on the game at all.

I would actually suggest that he would cover the most yards of any player on the pitch most weeks, probably only 2nd to Baines.

For all the stick the big man is getting, consider this:

Hes continually played out of position

He has to carry a midfield

He has to carry an attack

He has to deal with hit-n-hope balls for him to flick on hoping someone gets to it, or bring it down and hope that someone backs him up

He has the expectations of the Everton world on his shoulders

On top of all of that, hes an emotional character, so there are going to be some games where his frustrations get the better of him. But watch him when we score, when he scores and tell me he plays with no heart.

For all the stick the big man is getting, consider this:

Hes continually played out of position

He has to carry a midfield

He has to carry an attack

He has to deal with hit-n-hope balls for him to flick on hoping someone gets to it, or bring it down and hope that someone backs him up

He has the expectations of the Everton world on his shoulders

On top of all of that, hes an emotional character, so there are going to be some games where his frustrations get the better of him. But watch him when we score, when he scores and tell me he plays with no heart.

Exactly. Im sure all of us get frustrated at work but unfortunately he has millions of people watching.

He was shite today, so were the rest of the team. Even though he was being a stroppy bastard he still provided more of a threat that most (not saying much) and Im not even sure we created a chance after he went off (not that we created many when he was on either!).

Guys, its getting a bit embarrasing you's giving Felli excuses, and i cant believe your trying to justify his performance. The man is paid 75k a week to play football, and for him not to give 100% and clearly show he was just in a strop and basically couldnt be arsed is an absolute disgrace when wembley was 90 mins away. Yeah all of us get frustrated at work...trying to put food on the table for our families...not struggling what colour his next bentley should be. He wasnt a threat..at all, so i dont know where your getting that from.

Im not buying the played out of position stuff either... maybe he is better in CM as opposed to CAM, but to perform that badly and not even show a willingness to fight and win when wembley and a cup was so close is just unacceptable.

Guys, its getting a bit embarrasing you's giving Felli excuses, and i cant believe your trying to justify his performance. The man is paid 75k a week to play football, and for him not to give 100% and clearly show he was just in a strop and basically couldnt be arsed is an absolute disgrace when wembley was 90 mins away. Yeah all of us get frustrated at work...trying to put food on the table for our families...not struggling what colour his next bentley should be. He wasnt a threat..at all, so i dont know where your getting that from.

Im not buying the played out of position stuff either... maybe he is better in CM as opposed to CAM, but to perform that badly and not even show a willingness to fight and win when wembley and a cup was so close is just unacceptable.

Its not the first time he has been frustrated by teams that suffocate him when he gets the ball and stop the supply into him. Im not saying its right but its understandable. He is frustrated because he wants to play and wants to win. If anything I would prefer him getting frustrated than by someone who doesnt give a shit.

If you read what I said, I said he was more of a threat than the rest, and he had a couple of half chances early in the second half. When he went off we did absolutely nothing. We didnt do much with him on but he shown countless times before that he can just pop up, cause some havok and we can sneak a goal back. Put it this way, there is more chance of him doing that than Gibson.

Anyway I dont know why this has all gone against Fellaini. There were 8 or so players that were equally as bad and whilst they might not have been as tempestuous as Felli, they showed no drive, no fight and they just rolled over and accepted it.

He was crap, but it was out of order to single him out and boo him like that, when the team as a whole was so bad. He has shown countless times how much this club means to him, and whilst he gets paid handsomely for the privilege, he could be earning a damn site more elsewhere and not have the weight of responsibility that Moyes puts on him.

Its not the first time he has been frustrated by teams that suffocate him when he gets the ball and stop the supply into him. Im not saying its right but its understandable. He is frustrated because he wants to play and wants to win. If anything I would prefer him getting frustrated than by someone who doesnt give a shit.

If you read what I said, I said he was more of a threat than the rest, and he had a couple of half chances early in the second half. When he went off we did absolutely nothing. We didnt do much with him on but he shown countless times before that he can just pop up, cause some havok and we can sneak a goal back. Put it this way, there is more chance of him doing that than Gibson.

Anyway I dont know why this has all gone against Fellaini. There were 8 or so players that were equally as bad and whilst they might not have been as tempestuous as Felli, they showed no drive, no fight and they just rolled over and accepted it.

He was crap, but it was out of order to single him out and boo him like that, when the team as a whole was so bad. He has shown countless times how much this club means to him, and whilst he gets paid handsomely for the privilege, he could be earning a damn site more elsewhere and not have the weight of responsibility that Moyes puts on him.

They didnt suffocate him or target him at all, thats the worst part! i've understood it in the past when we play stoke for example and he gets kicked and pulled all over the shop, but today he didnt, he just looked like he didnt want to be there from the off. I agree, with him on the pitch we were more of a threat, but to keep him on the pitch after how bad he was is saying its okay to perform that badly and its simply not.

Its not all against Fellaini at all, everybody seemed to pounce on neville though and while i think he was dyer, i think Felli was a very close second. The reason im giving Felli more stick is because of his attitude towards his own performace, he didnt seem to show the slightest bit of remorse what so ever. Thats the reason he got booed, not because of how bad he was, but because of his complete lack of desire and this is from the first whistle i thought, not when we were 1-2 nil down.

Oh lets give him a medal, he's only on 75k a week when he could be on 100k a week somewhere else. What a hero! Not being funny, but that sounds like the attitude the delirious cunts across the park have with ratman. He's our best player and could easily go somewhere else so be nice to him even if he's a prick!

Ronaldo scores 60 goals a season and competes for the Balon d'Or. To compare him to Fellaini is astonishing so I'll just ignore that argument you just put forward to me.

I didnt compare him to Fellaini.

Last time I checked Ronaldo was a professional football player and your sentence was based on the fact that Fellaini shouldnt get stroppy because he is a professional footballer and earns gazillions a week. Plenty of quality players get frustrated when they and the team play poorly, including several in our team at the moment.

They didnt suffocate him or target him at all, thats the worst part! i've understood it in the past when we play stoke for example and he gets kicked and pulled all over the shop, but today he didnt, he just looked like he didnt want to be there from the off. I agree, with him on the pitch we were more of a threat, but to keep him on the pitch after how bad he was is saying its okay to perform that badly and its simply not.

Its not all against Fellaini at all, everybody seemed to pounce on neville though and while i think he was dyer, i think Felli was a very close second. The reason im giving Felli more stick is because of his attitude towards his own performace, he didnt seem to show the slightest bit of remorse what so ever. Thats the reason he got booed, not because of how bad he was, but because of his complete lack of desire and this is from the first whistle i thought, not when we were 1-2 nil down.

Oh lets give him a medal, he's only on 75k a week when he could be on 100k a week somewhere else. What a hero! Not being funny, but that sounds like the attitude the delirious cunts across the park have with ratman. He's our best player and could easily go somewhere else so be nice to him even if he's a prick!

They stopped the ball getting to him and therefore they suffocated the supply to him and they stopped him influencing the game. If I am honest, its not exactly hard and when teams focus on him he has always been well below par.

But several of the players were doing the exact same thing, including the likes of Osman, Neville, Jelavic etc and to single him out for it was poor IMO.

You have misunderstood what I am saying. I used that as a reference to show that he still wants to be at the club because he has the ability to go elsewhere and earn more but hasn't forced our hand. He isn't here just for the pay check, he is here to try and win things for us. I didn't at any point say that is why he shouldn't be criticized.

Anyway I have had enough, I cant be assed with this tit for tat bollocks. All I know is that Fellaini is one of the very few top class players we have and probably ever will get at the club and whilst his performances have been up and down this season that doesnt mean that he doesnt want to win games with us and that he doesnt care. If we actually tried to get the most out of him, instead of wasting him as a striker then we might see an improvement in his and the teams performance.

Ronaldo scores 60 goals a season and competes for the Balon d'Or. To compare him to Fellaini is astonishing so I'll just ignore that argument you just put forward to me.

Felli will be competing for it once he's at a more favourable club. Joke comp anyway, as there is no way Messi deserved it more than Ronaldo last time round.

They stopped the ball getting to him and therefore they suffocated the supply to him and they stopped him influencing the game. If I am honest, its not exactly hard and when teams focus on him he has always been well below par.

But several of the players were doing the exact same thing, including the likes of Osman, Neville, Jelavic etc and to single him out for it was poor IMO.

You have misunderstood what I am saying. I used that as a reference to show that he still wants to be at the club because he has the ability to go elsewhere and earn more but hasn't forced our hand. He isn't here just for the pay check, he is here to try and win things for us. I didn't at any point say that is why he shouldn't be criticized.

Anyway I have had enough, I cant be assed with this tit for tat bollocks. All I know is that Fellaini is one of the very few top class players we have and probably ever will get at the club and whilst his performances have been up and down this season that doesnt mean that he doesnt want to win games with us and that he doesnt care. If we actually tried to get the most out of him, instead of wasting him as a striker then we might see an improvement in his and the teams performance.

They really didnt stop him at all, so i dont know what you were watching. Who was this player doing the magnificent work stopping him? Paul Scharner? christ the top 4 can just sign him then instead of splashing £30m+ on felli eh?

I agree, the players you pointed out where very poor, but they didnt stop working and start strutting round like the world owes them a living like Felli did, he was doing it from the off imo. I think your being very naive if you think Felli isnt here because he is being paid to be, he has no affiliation with the club and im sure he wants the team he's playing for to do well and win things, but when they arent winning he's not one to say "right lets sort this out...this isnt good enough for this club" He beats his chest when he scores because scoring a goal is a great feeling, when interviewed he (and Moyes for that matter) always refers to us as "Everton" not "we" which is a dead give away if you ask me, you dont get that from the like's of Bainesy and Ossie.

I dont understand why people think if he goes back to CM he will be world class again? he had an awful game today, mainly because of his attitude not his ability, so regardless of where he plays once he sorts his attitude out, he should start playing well again.

This sounds like i hate Fellaini and think he's an awful player, i dont. But todays perfomance was a disgrace and so was his attitude, like i said before not just when we went behind, but from the off his attitude stunk to me. Its just not acceptable and its a bit embarrasing seeing people make excuses for him, instead of just admitting he had a shocking game and a shocking attitude to match.

They really didnt stop him at all, so i dont know what you were watching. Who was this player doing the magnificent work stopping him? Paul Scharner? christ the top 4 can just sign him then instead of splashing £30m+ on felli eh?

I agree, the players you pointed out where very poor, but they didnt stop working and start strutting round like the world owes them a living like Felli did, he was doing it from the off imo. I think your being very naive if you think Felli isnt here because he is being paid to be, he has no affiliation with the club and im sure he wants the team he's playing for to do well and win things, but when they arent winning he's not one to say "right lets sort this out...this isnt good enough for this club" He beats his chest when he scores because scoring a goal is a great feeling, when interviewed he (and Moyes for that matter) always refers to us as "Everton" not "we" which is a dead give away if you ask me, you dont get that from the like's of Bainesy and Ossie.

I dont understand why people think if he goes back to CM he will be world class again? he had an awful game today, mainly because of his attitude not his ability, so regardless of where he plays once he sorts his attitude out, he should start playing well again.

This sounds like i hate Fellaini and think he's an awful player, i dont. But todays perfomance was a disgrace and so was his attitude, like i said before not just when we went behind, but from the off his attitude stunk to me. Its just not acceptable and its a bit embarrasing seeing people make excuses for him, instead of just admitting he had a shocking game and a shocking attitude to match.

They stopped the ball getting to him. I even said in my earlier post that it wasnt hard.

He will be a damn site better playing from deeper because he sees the game in front of him. He was shite with moments of quality when he first came to us when played behind the striker and we are back at the same road again.

Im not denying he was shocking in attitude or performance. If we werent 3-0 down I would have taken him off too.

Its just not acceptable and its a bit embarrasing seeing people make excuses for him, instead of just admitting he had a shocking game and a shocking attitude to match.

Mate, no one is making excuses for his performance or his attitude today, just trying to give some people who are calling for his head some perspective. Not singling you out in particular, just a general voice that has been singing from Everton fans after the game. Have you been on Twitter? People are saying he should never wear an Everton jersey again, he should be sent home, people are abusing him left right and centre.

He had a shit game, I'm sure he knows that. And I'm sure he knows he looked like he didn't give a rats ass. But when you're having a shit game, your team is having a shit game, and you're 3-0 down at home after 35 minutes in a quarter final, I think the last thing he wants to hear is the crowd booing the team and walking for the exits (whether they were leaving or going for a pint).

It was just one of those days for mine. I'm sure a lot of the other players were feeling the same shit feeling of disappointment that Fellaini was, it's just that he has trouble keeping control of his emotion and let it show in his body language.

Just think back to the Villa game when he saved our asses with those two goals late at the end. Everyone was loving him and he was oozing passion for the club. A few weeks later and fans are booing him for a shit performance?