IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Yeh good point. I guess it depends on whether it has an impact on wages too.

wages of Moyes, Round etc must be a big relief on wages. I know people will replace them but if they're going to command the same fees they're going to be good ( hopefully)

"Everything else is waffle"

Great comment. But seriously he sure seems to be asked about his future on every international break. Every Journalist asks him the same thing in some form or another

Journalist: "Hey, Maroune whats up? So whats going on with your future"

Fellaini: "I am under contract at Everton and I am happy here."

Journalist: "What if a big club came knocking? How about ManU? You would look great in red."

Fellaini: "Yeah, ManU is one of the biggest clubs in the world. If an acceptable offer was made I would consider it, but I am happy at Everton."

Fast forward to next international break, and repeat.

Seriously though he will leave when an acceptable offer comes and he is ready, and I would guess that is this summer.

Has anybody else got the feeling now that Mourinho is back at Chelsea that he will sign Fellaini. He hasn't made it a secret at his time at Real that he was an admirer of him. Plus Chelsea need someone who is strong in midfield and can hold the ball. I think Felli fits those plans. Probably see tomorrow, Jose first signings will be that striker from Bayern and Fellaini haha.

Has anybody else got the feeling now that Mourinho is back at Chelsea that he will sign Fellaini. He hasn't made it a secret at his time at Real that he was an admirer of him. Plus Chelsea need someone who is strong in midfield and can hold the ball. I think Felli fits those plans. Probably see tomorrow, Jose first signings will be that striker from Bayern and Fellaini haha.

I always thought he'd go to Chelsea if he went anywhere, Moyes to United has muddied the waters a bit but I still think it's quite likely.

I always thought he'd go to Chelsea if he went anywhere, Moyes to United has muddied the waters a bit but I still think it's quite likely.

Yeah, don't see him going to United as don't think they need him plus can't see him fitting in their team.

Chelsea the other hand are a different team who like to have strong players plus can see him being a DM at Chelsea where he plays better. Hope we get 30 million for him and buy someone like Fer or McCarthey from Wigan.

Agree the deal, £25m+, insist that he it is not confirmed till another month or so and allow Martinez to identify and price his targets without us being held to ransom.

Ideally get all the signings negotiated with no publicity, then when time is right, seal the deals with felli going out.

Really interested to see what type of player Martinez will target on the wage budget he will now have.

I took some stick this morning on Twitter. I took Kenwright's comments on EvertonTV as Heitinga can leave as he isn't on a "good contract" (i.e. lengthy one where the sale value holds up) and that the player can leave. People have responded that he was referring to Fellaini and that "good contract" meant one without the minimum fee release clause.

I'm still not so sure that he was referring to Fellaini in the EvertonTV interview. In the press conference, this is what Kenwright said: "I said, David [Moyes], we all know the situation at Everton, we know there is a player at Everton whose got an escape clause but the others are not for sale".

I took some stick this morning on Twitter. I took Kenwright's comments on EvertonTV as Heitinga can leave as he isn't on a "good contract" (i.e. lengthy one where the sale value holds up) and that the player can leave. People have responded that he was referring to Fellaini and that "good contract" meant one without the minimum fee release clause.

I'm still not so sure that he was referring to Fellaini in the EvertonTV interview. In the press conference, this is what Kenwright said: "I said, David [Moyes], we all know the situation at Everton, we know there is a player at Everton whose got an escape clause but the others are not for sale".

I assumed Felli in the interview. I know the media have touted this release figure of 23m from a CL club but Im not sure. I know its silly, but I actually checked in FM2013 when the rumour 1st started, to see if some lazy journo had just picked that as a source, but its not there. Then I started looking into the details of the other contracts in the game, and there is so much detail in there. It has the payments planned from the Rodwell move for example. Im well aware that its probably not correct in most cases but i did make me wonder.

I reckon a lot of people at the club has got a release clause of one kind or another.

Fellaini is supposedly 24mil.

It was like Dirk Kuyt to Fenerbache, if a european club gave 1mil he could leave. I think he was in his final year or expired though. Do you think they have a clause like that in Heitinga contract.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3784741.ece

Arsenal have moved ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United in the battle to sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton and the Belgium midfielder is giving serious consideration to moving to the Emirates Stadium.

Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, confirmed The Times’s revelations from January on Wednesday of a buyout clause in Fellaini’s contract, enabling him to leave Goodison Park if the club receive an offer of a stipulated sum from a Champions League club, and Arsenal plan to exercise that £24 million option.

“Fellaini insisted on that [clause],” Kenwright said yesterday. “I have to say he has given me every indication he doesn’t want to go.”

Fellaini, though, has repeatedly spoken of his desire to play in the Champions League and has told friends that he is ready to leave this summer, despite having three years remaining on his contract. His departure would be an early blow to the aspirations of Roberto Martínez, the new Everton manager.

Chelsea spent some time last winter preparing a package to entice Fellaini to Stamford Bridge after identifying him as a goalscoring midfielder capable of replacing Frank Lampard, but their interest cooled after the England player signed a one-year contract extension and because José Mourinho has other players in mind. The Portuguese manager’s priority is signing an orthodox holding midfielder, with Sami Khedira, of Real Madrid, and Nemanja Matic, of Benfica, his primary targets.

United retain an interest in Fellaini, but the assumption that he would follow David Moyes to Old Trafford is not guaranteed and, having spoken to Mikel Arteta, a former Everton team-mate, the 25-year-old is attracted by the idea of joining Arsenal. Much of the appeal lies in Fellaini’s desire to establish himself in a regular role at a top-four club as a holding midfielder, which is what Arsène Wenger has in mind.

I want him to go. He can be a special player when he's on his game, and really dominate the midfield, but the problem is his "great" performances have been few and far between. He didn't look bothered much of this season. We could buy a few players and pay off some debt with the money we get for him.

I want him to go. He can be a special player when he's on his game, and really dominate the midfield, but the problem is his "great" performances have been few and far between. He didn't look bothered much of this season. We could buy a few players and pay off some debt with the money we get for him.

According to Kenwright we could spend 100% of what we got in from player sales. Would actually really like him to go for that kind of money. Allow Martinez to shape the squad to his liking a bit. He could bring in a couple of £8m players (for example a striker, winger, midfielder).

And there's lots of cheaper quality players out there as well. Afellay for example. I think this could be good for the team.

Edited by Steve_E

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3784741.ece

Arsenal have moved ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United in the battle to sign Marouane Fellaini from Everton and the Belgium midfielder is giving serious consideration to moving to the Emirates Stadium.

Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, confirmed The Times’s revelations from January on Wednesday of a buyout clause in Fellaini’s contract, enabling him to leave Goodison Park if the club receive an offer of a stipulated sum from a Champions League club, and Arsenal plan to exercise that £24 million option.

“Fellaini insisted on that [clause],” Kenwright said yesterday. “I have to say he has given me every indication he doesn’t want to go.”

These people are PAID to right this shit. We know he will probably go, but it pisses me off so much when "Journalists" get bored and make a non story of nothing.

I wonder if we could broker a deal with Arsenal and get Vermaelen as part of any Felleini deal. Although, I thought Arteta player the more holding position in the middle for Arsenal.

'As The Sun so unceremoniously put it, Arsenal are willing to "dump" Thomas Vermaelen for a lowly £5 million fee'. He is only 27 and been captain of both Ajax and Arsenal and Vice captain of Belgium. Left footer for a left centre back or left of a 3 at the back system. He would be a sold purchase and relatively young in centre back terms with bags of quality and top experience. He could have jenny's wages.

Vermaelen - £5M

Fer/McCarthy - £9M

and £8M change to put towards a striker - Loic Remy has a £8M buy out clause I believe. I am sure Mr Martinez has a few more ideas than me though.

But £22M to £24M with possibly another £5M to £10M in the kitty could bring in a fair bit of quality.

If he goes, then lets get the deal done quickly so the money is in the transfer pot, and new player come in quickly.