IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Higuin is the first Aresnal transfer in years that shows true ambition.

If they match that by signing Fellaini, they'll have the nucleus of a very good team.

I agree with Paul however, the only team who I think are genuinely interested, are Chelsea. And I can see it happening more than most.

I am with Hafnia on this one, given we have a new manager, I would like to see what he can do to the squad with another £23M or so in this transfer kitty. I am a Fellaini fan, but I would take the £23M at this moment in time if we could. I think the impact Fellini has had for us this season would not actually work so well in a Martinez set up. His profile and stock might just go down next season.

Fellini dropping back as the holding midfeilder would be great - but given the make up our sqaud a £23M holding midfeilder would be a masssive luxury, that in reality would be better spread over the the whole team.

Buying four or five decent £4M to £6m players accross the squad would be a very good move. If you look at the current squad £23M would buy Jelavic (£6M), Mirallas (£5M), Baines (£5M), Gibson (£0,5K) and Jags (£4M), Distan or Heitiinga (£5M). If you take Felleini out of the team, then the top end the squad is made up of £3M to £6M player purchases and a number costing even less.

I know a lot of these player are now worth MORE than the purchase prices quoted. Buy I am talking about is your degree of risk and quality in the transfer market with purchases around the £5M mark.

I saw enough in the 5-6 league games in which Felleini was banned that the team would not capitulate without him in the team, and I think this would be even more the case playing the tactics the new manager is expected to adopt.

I would love a squad full for £20M+ valued players, but that is still a long way away.

However, I actually don't think he will actually move this summer

- Wenger is a real tight arse and will not cough up the £23M for a player that would actually have to take Arteta's place in the team - he's had a great season for the gunners, so this

- it's just lazy paper talk about Moyes taking him to Man Utd, I think Moyes has too much class to actually raid his former club for players. I have heard Felleini, Baines, Jagielka, Howard, Mirallas and Barkley are all wanted by Man Utd this summer - really!!! At Man U he will have enough resorces not to have to look back at his former team for players. In the same vain I don't think we are going to see half the wigan team line up in Everton shirts next season. Raiding your former team for players is a lazy option and I think Moyes and Martinez have as little more about them, it actually shows a little lack of forward thinking and ideas to your new employers and fans.

- I don't think Fellini would want to warm the bench at Chelsea in a World Cup year.

I would have him odds on to be player for Everton next year, I just hope its all agreed quickly.

I don't mind if Felli goes for £24 mill but im wary if Liege have a sell on fee and I don't want to sell to Arsenal who will be the team we are trying to pull back for Champs league. If he goes I want him to go to Europe or one of the top three. I think Robbie would like to play a different style of play than hitting Felli and would rather play different formations. I think he probably thinks £24 mill for a holding midfielder is good business when he already has gibbo and can use the money elsewhere

Nice to meet you Gooner Jeeves. Never been to the Emirates but I did like Highbury. Nice atmospheric old ground. Miss it much? I ask as there is always a discussion on us leaving GP.

What I miss the most with Highbury is how close you were to the pitch, and the tenser atmosphere it created. Mind you, there are louder grounds than both Highbury and the Emirates. My arse prefer the seats at the Emirates, especially since its width has increased compared to the Highbury days, The arse that is, not the stadium...

I am well pleased they kept the East Stand facade though, makes it feel like the stadium is still around. I suppose it has also helped that the Emirates is just around the corner from Highbury.

- Wenger is a real tight arse and will not cough up the £23M for a player that would actually have to take Arteta's place in the team.

I think the last few years it has been more about not having much money, than being tight. Granted Wenger likes to get value for money, and our net spend is low compared to other teams. I still doubt we'll sign someone for £20 million+, even though rumours are flying high that we are close to signing Higuain.

I'll be curious to see how you get along with a new manager. Moyes will be a hard act to follow.

The amount of chances he misses means he'd look even worse here, and score even less.

I'm not so sure about that. His 1st season at Arsenal has been bitty, at us as 1st choice I could see him showing why Wenger spent close to £10m on him and why he's a French int. I'd have him in a heartbeat and think he'd be an excellent addition in the £10m bracket.

GoonerJeeves... with the rumour of Higuain coming what do you think will happen with Giroud? He's not going to want to play 2nd fiddle in a World Cup year. However unrealistic this may be, I'd love him at Everton.

I think we'll keep him, at least I hope so. We play so many games through the year, and he is very good at holding up the ball and bringing other players into the game. He is maybe not that clinical in front of goal, but I think that can come as he adapts better to the English game.

He played 47 matches last year, with 17 goals and 11 assists. Attitudewise he is spot on. So I hope we keep him.

I think we'll keep him, at least I hope so. We play so many games through the year, and he is very good at holding up the ball and bringing other players into the game. He is maybe not that clinical in front of goal, but I think that can come as he adapts better to the English game.

He played 47 matches last year, with 17 goals and 11 assists. Attitudewise he is spot on. So I hope we keep him.

Thanks for that analysis, was beginning to think I was watching a different player to everyone else!!!

Why would Fellaini be on hols with Arteta in Marbella ?

Won't be together but it'll probably be a rich people's hotspot and a few footie players will be there and about the area.

My in-laws saw Anelka, Danny Fox and Andy Lonergan when in Dubai a few years ago - probably not all together but in the same place!

GoonerJeeves... with the rumour of Higuain coming what do you think will happen with Giroud? He's not going to want to play 2nd fiddle in a World Cup year. However unrealistic this may be, I'd love him at Everton.

He'd eat up Baines' crosses that's for sure. Much more of a beast in the air than Jela and much more clinical with his head than anyone else in our squad. Could be an interesting option for us.