IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Vermaelen is worth over 16 mil according to Transfermarkt, so why would Arsenal let him go for 5 mil? The Sun has got it wrong.

At 5 mil it would be a no brainer but at 16 mil? No thanks.

If Heitinga stays (and I hope he does) I dont really think CB is the position that we need to look at right now. We have Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Duffy and Stones (granted RB but he is much more suited for a CB role imo)

If Felli goes we need to look at replacing him. I had a look at Arsenals squad and I really understand why they would want Fellaini. They havent got any CM's that I would want over him. So a swap deal is out of the question. Take the 24 mil and find a replacement elsewhere.

(I would however place a cheeky bid for Diaby, somewhere around 2 mil?)

9SHK2XY.jpg

I wonder if we could broker a deal with Arsenal and get Vermaelen as part of any Felleini deal. Although, I thought Arteta player the more holding position in the middle for Arsenal.

'As The Sun so unceremoniously put it, Arsenal are willing to "dump" Thomas Vermaelen for a lowly £5 million fee'. He is only 27 and been captain of both Ajax and Arsenal and Vice captain of Belgium. Left footer for a left centre back or left of a 3 at the back system. He would be a sold purchase and relatively young in centre back terms with bags of quality and top experience. He could have jenny's wages.

Vermaelen - £5M

Fer/McCarthy - £9M

and £8M change to put towards a striker - Loic Remy has a £8M buy out clause I believe. I am sure Mr Martinez has a few more ideas than me though.

But £22M to £24M with possibly another £5M to £10M in the kitty could bring in a fair bit of quality.

If he goes, then lets get the deal done quickly so the money is in the transfer pot, and new player come in quickly.

Good shout!

centre back left back what is he,if arsenal are letting him go why ? can he head a ball,ala per kroldrup.yes hes a tidy player but no better than distin,if we could swap heits for him yes.

He's a left centre back.

No better than Distin? You've given me a laugh for this morning at least.

I'll be honest my journey with Fellaini has been this so far:

Signed = "15m signing!!! last minute - get in there, he bossed Gerrard a few weeks ago"

Played 1st season = "why is moyes playting him as an attacking midfielder, he's awful - oh no"

Played defensive mid = "hmmmm still not much better. gives too many fouls away"

Gets given time = "he's actually alot better than io thought"

Established and used to the prem "this lad is class, £15m was well spent"

Games against Man City, Man United = "wouldn't sell him for £30m"

Last season = "great on his day, bad attitude, head easily distracted, bad discipline, luxury we can't have at his market price"

Today = "Arsenal want him? Great, £24m? Ok then, I don't think he would prosper in a martinez/wenger team, he's more suited to a Mourinho team. Looking forward to seeing who martinez will get in place"

Gooner in peace here.

I'd love us to sign Fellaini. That is exactly the type of player we need. My only worry would be his technique. We play quick one touch football, most of the time sideways though... I would however be surprised to see us sign him. Our transfer record is £15 mill, and net spend over 10 years is apparantly something like £9 mill. Wenger spending £25ish mills on someone he intend to use as a defensive midfielder would be very surprising.

I think it is more likely he would go to Chelsea.

Fellaini is the one player that I'd be happy if he stayed or went. If he stays, I can see martinez using him in the DM role he wants, if he goes, Martinez (according to Bill) will have all of the money which is at least £24mil if not £26m. As has already been stated, that would free us up in the transfer market to bulk up the squad.

I'd like to see Fer here, he came off the bench against Germay U-21's and scored the late winner recently incedently, as he is the same sort of mold as Fellaini but obviously would be a lot cheaper. We could also afford a decent winger, as I've said I think Scott Sinclair would be a bargain for what he could give to us, and then the money left could get us a half decent striker for around £10-12m, which was enough for a player like Sturridge. Even though he's a red shite now I've always rated him, weird that now he plays for liverpool though I'm starting to dislike him more and more hehe

Saying that, I still think we need another midfielder, ideally a creative/playmaker type player. Diaby isn't a bad shout but he gets injured far too often, if we had the option, I'd prefer an attacking mid a la Cahill, someone comfortable playing off the striker. Has anyone kept an eye on Odjidja-Ofoe? He seemed like another powerful belgian midfielder? If he's still not too expensive he'd be a good addition.

In reality though, I'd much prefer Roberto to make 6-7 signings, a bit like countdown, two big ones, and 4-5 smaller ones for a few mil each. He's already said that he intends to use the youth here so I assume that at least Barkely Stones and Duffy will get games, here's hoping he can get the best out of Vellios as well.

As I've always felt, we're really not that far away from being a top side. Fellaini going would certainly give us the the finance to go out and get players that would make us into a top side, and I think fans of other teams and pundits oversell Felli's contribution.

Don't get me wrong, when he plays well, he's outstanding. But for £26m, I think we can get more bang for our buck. Fellaini could go to an Arsenal or Chelsea and give them that vital push towards a big trophy, but for us, we have a team full of players who work there socks off and can put in a tackle. I'd much ratehr see some pace and goals added in place of Fellaini, but he cans til score. Like I said, easy come easy go on this one, still really intersting though. No doubt it will be a massive summer for us if he goes.

Edited by The Regulator

Gooner in peace here.

I'd love us to sign Fellaini. That is exactly the type of player we need. My only worry would be his technique. We play quick one touch football, most of the time sideways though... I would however be surprised to see us sign him. Our transfer record is £15 mill, and net spend over 10 years is apparantly something like £9 mill. Wenger spending £25ish mills on someone he intend to use as a defensive midfielder would be very surprising.

He is more than competent with a ball at his feet, makes himself available well, but as a one touch quick passing player? Not too sure, he's a jogger and uses his physique to prevent opponents getting the ball. In terms of getting on the end of keepers kicks, bringing the ball down and looking after it, no one better.

Put it this way, if we had £24m to spend and we didn'y have Fellaini, I would sooner get James McCarthy for £12m and do something with the other £12m.

Fellaini is the one player that I'd be happy if he stayed or went. If he stays, I can see martinez using him in the DM role he wants, if he goes, Martinez (according to Bill) will have all of the money which is at least £24mil if not £26m. As has already been stated, that would free us up in the transfer market to bulk up the squad.

I'd like to see Fer here, he came off the bench against Germay U-21's and scored the late winner recently incedently, as he is the same sort of mold as Fellaini but obviously would be a lot cheaper. We could also afford a decent winger, as I've said I think Scott Sinclair would be a bargain for what he could give to us, and then the money left could get us a half decent striker for around £10-12m, which was enough for a player like Sturridge. Even though he's a red shite now I've always rated him, weird that now he plays for liverpool though I'm starting to dislike him more and more hehe

Saying that, I still think we need another midfielder, ideally a creative/playmaker type player. Diaby isn't a bad shout but he gets injured far too often, if we had the option, I'd prefer an attacking mid a la Cahill, someone comfortable playing off the striker. Has anyone kept an eye on Odjidja-Ofoe? He seemed like another powerful belgian midfielder? If he's still not too expensive he'd be a good addition.

In reality though, I'd much prefer Roberto to make 6-7 signings, a bit like countdown, two big ones, and 4-5 smaller ones for a few mil each. He's already said that he intends to use the youth here so I assume that at least Barkely Stones and Duffy will get games, here's hoping he can get the best out of Vellios as well.

As I've always felt, we're really not that far away from being a top side. Fellaini going would certainly give us the the finance to go out and get players that would make us into a top side, and I think fans of other teams and pundits oversell Felli's contribution.

Don't get me wrong, when he plays well, he's outstanding. But for £26m, I think we can get more bang for our buck. Fellaini could go to an Arsenal or Chelsea and give them that vital push towards a big trophy, but for us, we have a team full of players who work there socks off and can put in a tackle. I'd much ratehr see some pace and goals added in place of Fellaini, but he cans til score. Like I said, easy come easy go on this one, still really intersting though. No doubt it will be a massive summer for us if he goes.

Always enjoy your posts Reg, always well thought out, balanced and unbiased (except apparently for Sturridge, but we'll forgive you ;) )

Sinclair i still think is a good shout and should be reasonably cheap. If we got him in, the AMC position could be take up by Pienaar/Barkley, I think they would be very useful behind the striker, with Sinclair and Mirallas either side and Jela in front (Id still play 4-2-3-1 - sounds better than 4-5-1 :P)

Who to sign for DMC, dunno. But reckon we need 2 due to Gibson being injury prone. Is Junior ready to step up?

He is more than competent with a ball at his feet, makes himself available well, but as a one touch quick passing player? Not too sure, he's a jogger and uses his physique to prevent opponents getting the ball. In terms of getting on the end of keepers kicks, bringing the ball down and looking after it, no one better.

Put it this way, if we had £24m to spend and we didn'y have Fellaini, I would sooner get James McCarthy for £12m and do something with the other £12m.

which is what Arsenal need and if they put him in DMC position, he'd be very good for them.

That said, if we put him there, he'd be very good for us!

Always enjoy your posts Reg, always well thought out, balanced and unbiased (except apparently for Sturridge, but we'll forgive you ;) )

Sinclair i still think is a good shout and should be reasonably cheap. If we got him in, the AMC position could be take up by Pienaar/Barkley, I think they would be very useful behind the striker, with Sinclair and Mirallas either side and Jela in front (Id still play 4-2-3-1 - sounds better than 4-5-1 :P)

Who to sign for DMC, dunno. But reckon we need 2 due to Gibson being injury prone. Is Junior ready to step up?

Cheers Matt, honestly I'm not on here enough to make short, one point posts, most often now it'll be me on a lunch hour, weighing up the story of the day hehe Sturridge hatred is just jealously poorly masked to be fair, I think he's a great player and the type I'd like to see us get in the summer

Completely agree with Sinclair, why he left Swansea i'll never know, City have just spent £60mil without a manager, where is Sinclair in their plans? Probably right around the bottom, whilst where are Swansea without him? Oh yeah europe lol Lescott I can forgive pretty easily in hindsight, he moved to a team where he won two trophies, and we got £24mil and 3 players, granted BIly never really shone but I always thought he would have had he had the freedom of the CAM role, Heits and Distin both proved their worth and had bad spells, but as a whole all did better than lescott would have done for us, and now we could be in a position to get him too....especially if City buy a defender given Kolo Toure's departure to the small club across the park...but with Sinclair Swansea didn't really get all that much money for him, and he could have made them a top 7 team if he'd stayed, given Michu's ridiculous first season...

That being said, still a quality player and still young, definitely what we need....

As far as the vacant DM role, I can only go over players I've bought on Fifa who have done well lol in which case, Lars Bender, Etienne Capoue and Yann M'Villa are all good DM's.....but if I'm honest and not to rattle the cages here but....would we get away with a cheeky bid for Alonso? still only 31, could get 2-3 seasons out of him, his passing range is immense and so is his accuracy, and out of all the liverpool players I've actually watched play football, he is one of the very few that I would gladly have in our side...although extremely unlikely that it would ever happen

As far as the vacant DM role, I can only go over players I've bought on Fifa who have done well lol in which case, Lars Bender, Etienne Capoue and Yann M'Villa are all good DM's.....but if I'm honest and not to rattle the cages here but....would we get away with a cheeky bid for Alonso? still only 31, could get 2-3 seasons out of him, his passing range is immense and so is his accuracy, and out of all the liverpool players I've actually watched play football, he is one of the very few that I would gladly have in our side...although extremely unlikely that it would ever happen

If were going from computer games, Leitner for me. Seems in reality he is more of an AMC which makes sense with his stature. he excelled in FM2013 :D Eriksson has been mentioned but think hes going to be way out of our wage bracket....

AlonsNO! HA! im on a roll today...

Gooner in peace here.

Nice to meet you Gooner Jeeves. Never been to the Emirates but I did like Highbury. Nice atmospheric old ground. Miss it much? I ask as there is always a discussion on us leaving GP.

If he went we could get 2-3 cm for the money generated by his sale we could get the likes of marco van ginkel, leroy fer and many other young highly rated centre midfielders I think a good defensive midfielder would be Ignacio Camacho of Malaga not saying we will get any of them but they are highly rated and would improve our squad if fellaini departs

Wenger needs to give his head a wobble, the idiot!

We paid £15m which has now risen to £17m for a player that has gone from being raw beyond belief to on his day one of the most effective players in the prem. And what?! He doesn't think Everton warrent a £7m profit on a player we have developed???

The reality is that Wenger could get the boot this season if he doesn't splash the cash that is there to spend, and as much as i've defended him in the past he will deserve it. Arsenal are one of the best resourced clubs in the prem in terms of self funding, he will face a tough time getting his ever growing population of Gooners who want him out to drop.

I can see Mourinho coming in for Felli.