IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

I think Fellaini might stay.

It would be cool to get the clause out of his contract with a new one. Then let them bid.

Or he has a really shitty season, gets sent of 10 times, starts a brawl with Howard Webb on the pitch which ends up with a head butt. He gets devalued and is only worth 10 mil after next season.

If anyone is interested in paying 24 mil for Fellaini today I hope they actually go ahead and buy him. One star or 3 really good players? Id prefer 3 really good players.

Or he has a really shitty season, gets sent of 10 times, starts a brawl with Howard Webb on the pitch which ends up with a head butt. He gets devalued and is only worth 10 mil after next season.

If anyone is interested in paying 24 mil for Fellaini today I hope they actually go ahead and buy him. One star or 3 really good players? Id prefer 3 really good players.

The implication here is that it's a debate between Fellaini and three "really good players." It's not that at all. It's between Fellaini and the POTENTIAL to add three "really good players." Bring in the 10 million pound equivalent of Andy Carroll and suddenly we've taken a step backwards. No player is a sure thing in the purest sense of the word, but relatively speaking Fellaini is much more secure than the hypothetical acquisitions we could make that may or may not work out. Guarantee me three "really good players" and I'm all in. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that.

Hypothetically we never had Fellaini - he played for Fulham and was looking to move for £24m

We were given £30m to spend and felli wanted to join us.... would you be happy in blowing the majority of our budget on one player???

Personally I wouldn't want to spend that much, which roughly translated means I would happily sell him for that amount to reinvest in the squad

It does get to me as well. If Fellaini has a release clause of 24mil then why is Wenger not wanting to pay that?

His contract is until summer 2016....Arsenal is a team who want more for their players than anyone else. At one point they were wanting 45mil for Fabregas.

Everton obviously won't sell Fellaini unless the release clause is met. If Arsenal come in with a bid of 15mil it will get declined. It really does get on my nerves how teams think they can take Everton for a ride because we haven't got a lot of money.

I honestly kinda want him to leave, if someone pays the £22m that is. I'd much rather Martinez got that much money to spend than have Fellaini.

Well Kenwright has said that he has a "few quid to spend" to me we have at least 10mil or more. We had 8mil on the Fer deal which fell through so if we have that much we have to have a few quid surely. I know Stones cost 2mil or so and rising but I reckon 10mil or more is what we have.

Well Kenwright has said that he has a "few quid to spend" to me we have at least 10mil or more. We had 8mil on the Fer deal which fell through so if we have that much we have to have a few quid surely. I know Stones cost 2mil or so and rising but I reckon 10mil or more is what we have.

Okay, that would just be even more money to spend then. My point is I think we can improve our squad overall if we lose Fellaini but get another 22m to spend.

I don't think Fellaini will want to leave just yet. I think he'll want to give it a season with Martinez before he jumps ship. If a club comes and offers the clause fee, then fine, but if not I don't think he will push for a move.

I'd love to see Martinez keep the squad together and strengthen it. I think he could do wonders with Fellaini in his midfield. If he could add creativity to Fellaini's game he would be the ultimate midfielder. The player to build the whole team around from the centre of the park.

Martinez will not want him to go. There is a reason he is hot property at the moment.

But I can't see him going to united, Chelsea seem to be looking elsewhere and I don't think Arsenal will pay the money. City have Yaya.

I think he'll stay.

There is only Johnny I'd be happy to see go, and part of that is for his own sake.

I'll be honest, the £15m we paid seemed to be £7m more than we should have paid at the time.

I was prepared to sell him at one stage for a loss. He did go on to justify the £15m and then some.

The unruly, inconsistent and petulent knob head that he can be has meant that instead of selling him for £35m to the highest bidder, has meant £22m is about right. If he could bottle that mindset that seen him destroy man city and man united single handedly then I would be loathe to sell him. The reality is he has to many 6/10 games for a 10/10 player.

I am sure Rom or Louis know this, but do Liege have a sell on clause? I wonder about this because if his buyout clause is at £22m and Liege have a sell on clause we could maybe end up only making £3-4m profit off of his sale. You then combine that with the signing fees for him and his agent and his resigning fees, and we could end up not making anything off of his sale. My mind wanders, but that's kind of a scary thought. I hope his buyout clause is larger than the number quoted.

I hate agents. For me they are one of the two worst things to ever happen to football; the other being flopping for penalties.

Edited by Iamryanstover

To be honest, it's all just been speculation from the media, who unsurprisingly have created the whole thing. The club have said they want him to stay, he says his destiny is with Everton (which can be interpreted as either he wants to stay, or his destiny depends on whether Everton sell him) so really we keep going on about it and getting frustrated but in reality nothing is happening so therefore nothing needs 'to be sorted'.

Personally I think he'll stay.

Also, with the World Cup next year he will want to make sure he is playing week in week out considering it'll be potentially his first tournament with Belgium....(they did qualify right?!?)

Edited by MatthewT

If he stays he'll play 45 games max so won't be burnt out before the WC. Next year goes the WC and showcases himself for an even bigger wage packet... *Unclenches straws* I can't think of a good enough reason not to go challenge for titles and earn twice as much. Hopefully, RM can.

So what exactly is the amount of the price trigger? I've seen 22m, 22.5m, 23m, and 24m, depending on which news report you read. One stated that it's 24m in general, but 22m for a club playing in the Champions League.

I don't think there's ever been any official confirmation, so I think it's pretty much speculation, but £22/24m is the ballpark figure.

In all honesty the Fellaini will he/won't he has just become a farce, I wish we would just sort it out once and for all.

To be fair, it's very possible it has been sorted out. All comments from Kenright AND Fellaini seem to indicate that, while he's not going to ignore any inquiries, he intends to stay here as of now. That could be the complete, honest truth, and yet that will not stop the media from shit-stirring. I sympathize with the wanting the speculation to end but unfortunately that's just the nature of it.

To be fair, it's very possible it has been sorted out. All comments from Kenright AND Fellaini seem to indicate that, while he's not going to ignore any inquiries, he intends to stay here as of now. That could be the complete, honest truth, and yet that will not stop the media from shit-stirring. I sympathize with the wanting the speculation to end but unfortunately that's just the nature of it.

Really, do you not think if Martinez starts to lose a few then Fellaini will start moaning again? he just seems to be that sort imo, but i don't honestly see what his problem is, he doesn't seem to realise he is at a TOP club, the best he will get at Chelsea or United is squad rotation, and the talk down here is that Arsenal don't think he is worth the £22/£24/£26m