IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

24 mil, take it.

24 mil plus the 9 mil we were offering for Fer. Nice little kitty for the new manager to play around with.

If we get Redknapp he will spend it all in a second and we will end up with 5-6 over priced players

If we get Martinez or Laudrup we will get a few really good signings

No idea about Pereira but hoping Atsu would be among the new signings.

This is the one player i can see leaving this summer :-( and i would say Utd to be the likely place, wonder moves for our players will turn the relationship we hold with Moyes? bit like its starting too now with him paid by us and working for Utd.

If Fellaini is the only player leaving, then that's not bad. We cash in 24m, of which a large portion will be available to invest in new players.

If hypothetically, £15m would be available for transfers, then you can do some decent business with that. Add another hypothetical £5m from a Heitinga transfer. Then EFC can buy a new keeper, a holding midfielder and a central defender. Sounds alright doesn't it?

24 mil, take it.

24 mil plus the 9 mil we were offering for Fer. Nice little kitty for the new manager to play around with.

If we get Redknapp he will spend it all in a second and we will end up with 5-6 over priced players

If we get Martinez or Laudrup we will get a few really good signings

No idea about Pereira but hoping Atsu would be among the new signings.

There was no £9M for FER, we were going to pay that on the drip

Most signings are on the drip. Everton tried to renegotiated it, because of Fer's knee flagging up as a risk, so it would represent appearances rather than time. They didn't like it, as if his knee went they'd lose out.

Which means that we can spend the 24 mil and an additional 9 mil on the drip, hence my statement. If we could buy a 9 mil player in Jan, why wouldn't we be able to do the same in the summer? On the drip or not?

This is the one player i can see leaving this summer :-( and i would say Utd to be the likely place, wonder moves for our players will turn the relationship we hold with Moyes? bit like its starting too now with him paid by us and working for Utd.

Im hoping that there is truth in both the Man Utd and Chelsea rumours. Creates a bidding war which might up the price for Fellaini. Could see him go for 30 mil if both clubs are interested.

Im hoping that there is truth in both the Man Utd and Chelsea rumours. Creates a bidding war which might up the price for Fellaini. Could see him go for 30 mil if both clubs are interested.

Doesnt he have a 24 mill release fee if a club is playing Champions League?

Thats only the starting point Scouse, if more than one are interested it could be a lot over the 24

I don't think so. They all only have to offer £24million to activate the clause, we have to accept and then let him talk to the bidding clubs. None of them need to bid over that amount.

Yeah well they may make an official offer of £24m, but if they'd still have to agree personal terms with the player, that leaves time for the other team to also offer £24m, which starts a bidding war.

In reality though, I'm sure especially Manchetser United will have already agreed personal terms with Fellaini to date, definitely with Moyes on the rudder and Fellaini's new house in Manchester. So if the release clause truly exists, all it takes at this point is a £24m bid from Manchester.

I also think Chelsea is doubting too much (and righteously so). Fellaini will be better off at ManU and ManU will be better with Fellaini than Chelsea would be.

Edited by Mirallas

Yeah well they may make an official offer of £24m, but if they'd still have to agree personal terms with the player, that leaves time for the other team to also offer £24m, which starts a bidding war.

In reality though, I'm sure especially Manchetser United will have already agreed personal terms with Fellaini to date, definitely with Moyes on the rudder and Fellaini's new house in Manchester. So if the release clause truly exists, all it takes at this point is a £24m bid from Manchester.

I also think Chelsea is doubting too much (and righteously so). Fellaini will be better off at ManU and ManU will be better with Fellaini than Chelsea would be.

there will be no bidding war. If 10 teams all trigger the clause, only Felli will benefit.

I don't think so. They all only have to offer £24million to activate the clause, we have to accept and then let him talk to the bidding clubs. None of them need to bid over that amount.

Thats very true. My mistake. I guess a club could bid more but why would they, ultimatly up to the player to choose any club that has triggered the clause. (if there is a clause)

whenever anyone gets a bit misty eyed at the prospect of losing him, remind yourselves of the red card at Stoke, the disgraceful performance and attitiude against Wigan and look at the times when he played brilliantly like he did against Man United as a yardstick to criticise the games where he just didn't want to know against lesser opponents.

A talent yes, but one who has gone too big for his boots.

whenever anyone gets a bit misty eyed at the prospect of losing him, remind yourselves of the red card at Stoke, the disgraceful performance and attitiude against Wigan and look at the times when he played brilliantly like he did against Man United as a yardstick to criticise the games where he just didn't want to know against lesser opponents.

Hey hey... That's not the kind of talk you talk when a player leaves who's been as big for EFC as Fellaini has been. Thank you for everything, Marouane.

Guest blueboy122

I've never actually thought he was that good to be honest, on his day yes he's great but isn't every other player?

Hey hey... That's not the kind of talk you talk when a player leaves who's been as big for EFC as Fellaini has been. Thank you for everything, Marouane.

Roughly translated that means

"Although he has been a top paid player for the past few years and has constantly made sound bites about joining a bigger club, by throwing in the odd class performance to mask the often lethargic, petulent fouling he is above all else Belgian, so please don't form a balanced opinion of him, Eden Hazzard, Mirralas or Tin Tin for that matter"