IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

You know Fellaini better than I do, but he seems to play blinders against us every time. As for the Shawcross incident, well, at Arsenal we could use a bit more naughtiness at times. Not saying you should condone this kind of thing, but Shawcross is hardly a saint, at least not down our road....

You know Fellaini better than I do, but he seems to play blinders against us every time. As for the Shawcross incident, well, at Arsenal we could use a bit more naughtiness at times. Not saying you should condone this kind of thing, but Shawcross is hardly a saint, at least not down our road....

I do reckon he would fit into the Arsenal team quite well, but if Martinez is going to play him in midfield rather than upfront like Moyes then it would be interesting to see him stay.

Edited by Simon

I am sure he is a terrific bloke, but I'd rather see Arsenal not sign someone that is 32 and who will demand £75,000 in wages. Comparing him with Fellaini would be rather laughable. Fellaini would be more value for money, considering both his age and quality. What I saw of Barry last year was not encouraging.

you know Felli will be demanding at least 75k, probably more if hes moving to a CL club.

I still don't believe any team actually want him. I think there would have been some movement by now. If he is still here on 15th August we know he isn't going. All the teams being linked don't really need him, apart from maybe United. But seeing Thiago and Cesc bids, I think they want a different type of player.

Roll up roll up, read all about it...."Small town premierleague team costing £11m having reduced wages by 25% in relegation shocker..."

to be fair Haf, Newcastle went down with players on a big wage bill and a more expensive squad - its not an excuse.

So you don't get the better chances of achieving success with higher wages and transfer fees?

For sure it can help. Then again, it can hinder - see Portsmouth, Leeds, QPR....

My point is, you cant blame their relegation solely on cutting the wage bill. Its a factor, but not the biggest in my opinion.

Roll up roll up, read all about it...."Small town premierleague team costing £11m having reduced wages by 25% in relegation shocker..."

Their cost and or wages at Wigan are totally irrelevant.

The question here is are they good enough to take us to the next level?

It would be ok if we cherry picked one or two of their best players but we appear to be after half of the squad

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

It would be ok if we cherry picked one or two of their best players but we appear to be after half of the squad

I Hope we cherry pick a few more. I'd still have McCarthy, Moses, and Diame. 1st two good enough for the first team, Diame great squad player. Personally I'd rather keep Felli, however if he leaves and we brought these 3 in I'd still be optimistic going into the season.

We have only bought one who was currently at Wigan and one who had just left and barely had a proper spell in the team due to injuries. Joel may have been on loan there but calling him a Wigan player would have been like calling Cleverly a Wigan player when he went back to Utd.

We have cherry picked one of their best players, improved our squad with another and then bought a promising keeper from Athletico Madrid, hardly half of the squad or the extent it implies.

We have only bought one who was currently at Wigan and one who had just left and barely had a proper spell in the team due to injuries. Joel may have been on loan there but calling him a Wigan player would have been like calling Cleverly a Wigan player when he went back to Utd.

We have cherry picked one of their best players, improved our squad with another and then bought a promising keeper from Athletico Madrid, hardly half of the squad or the extent it implies.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good old "Martinez will buy wigan and get us relegated" rant.

Hey, wasn't Baines a Wigan player? Why ever would we want to recruit another Latic after his experience with the team?