IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

We have only bought one who was currently at Wigan and one who had just left and barely had a proper spell in the team due to injuries. Joel may have been on loan there but calling him a Wigan player would have been like calling Cleverly a Wigan player when he went back to Utd.

We have cherry picked one of their best players, improved our squad with another and then bought a promising keeper from Athletico Madrid, hardly half of the squad or the extent it implies

We have signed 3 players who were Wigan players last season and we are now being linked with another 2. If there is any truth in these rumours and we did end up getting Mcarthy and Mcmanaman that would mean we had taken 5 players from a side that was easily relegated.

Im not having a rant and ive never insinuated that we will get relegated just because we are taking so many Wigan players but surely there are other targets out there. As it happens I think the 3 lads weve signed are all decent players who can do a job for us

Haf has gone from being the most pessimistic doom monger to what he would call a happy clapper overnight and Im sure if he woke up in the morning to the news that we had just signed Caldwell for £20M he would defend that at the moment

It would be ok if we cherry picked one or two of their best players but we appear to be after half of the squad

It is the good half isn't it?

And Dunc if we got Caldwell for £4.50 and. Bag of chips I'd give up.

Edited by StevO

If it is true that his release cause expires soon, I think that's a bad thing. We wouldn't be in a win-win situation anymore.

Serious? The clause expires so we don't get stung on the last day of the window. If anyone wants him they have to get him by 14th August. If they want him they will, if they don't they won't.

Serious? The clause expires so we don't get stung on the last day of the window. If anyone wants him they have to get him by 14th August. If they want him they will, if they don't they won't.

Or, someone actually makes an offer next season for below the clause amount and BK sees the dollar signs. I wonder what figure BK/RM actually values Fellaini at? For all we know they might be happy to sell him for under the clause amount.

We have signed 3 players who were Wigan players last season and we are now being linked with another 2. If there is any truth in these rumours and we did end up getting Mcarthy and Mcmanaman that would mean we had taken 5 players from a side that was easily relegated.

Im not having a rant and ive never insinuated that we will get relegated just because we are taking so many Wigan players but surely there are other targets out there. As it happens I think the 3 lads weve signed are all decent players who can do a job for us

Haf has gone from being the most pessimistic doom monger to what he would call a happy clapper overnight and Im sure if he woke up in the morning to the news that we had just signed Caldwell for £20M he would defend that at the moment

Apologies I misread... I thought you said we had signed 'half their squad' and not 'after half their squad'.

Even so, I dont think we will be after the other two lads as I am sure Roberto would have had that business tied up by now as well.

They werent easily relegated either as they were only down with one game remaining so its not like they were sitting at the bottom of the table on 0 points!

Robles was only on loan and had only been there for 6 months, Alcaraz was out for large chunks of the season and his in and out of the team stats speak for themselves and Kone was probably their best or second best player. These players werent to blame for them going down and looking at the stats, if just Alcaraz had been fit they probably would have finished in mid table.

Although I quoted your response, I was aiming it more in the general direction of everyone that is implying that we are becoming Wigan Mk II and that players signed aren't going to be good enough because they played for Wigan. They are all an improvement on what we had and at least move us a couple of rungs up on the ladder on to the next level.

Apologies I misread... I thought you said we had signed 'half their squad' and not 'after half their squad'.

Even so, I dont think we will be after the other two lads as I am sure Roberto would have had that business tied up by now as well.

They werent easily relegated either as they were only down with one game remaining so its not like they were sitting at the bottom of the table on 0 points!

Robles was only on loan and had only been there for 6 months, Alcaraz was out for large chunks of the season and his in and out of the team stats speak for themselves and Kone was probably their best or second best player. These players werent to blame for them going down and looking at the stats, if just Alcaraz had been fit they probably would have finished in mid table.

Although I quoted your response, I was aiming it more in the general direction of everyone that is implying that we are becoming Wigan Mk II and that players signed aren't going to be good enough because they played for Wigan. They are all an improvement on what we had and at least move us a couple of rungs up on the ladder on to the next level.

Agree 100%

All has been quiet for a few days, but I can't help but think ManU will be back with an offer soon. Given his failure (again) to sign Fabregas, you can sense the pressure building on DM to bring in someone - anyone.

About ManU from the BBC website: But none of those moves have materialised as yet and when asked if he appreciated why some United fans were becoming anxious, Moyes replied: "I can understand that feeling. But there have been quite a few changes. Other managers have changed their clubs, too, and everybody thought this might be the summer when transfers are done later in the month. That was always the thought I had when I came into the club. You have to remember I only started on 1 July, so in truth I have only been in the job three weeks at this present time."

But RM started on 1 July as well, and Everton have already signed four players. It may not be fair to blame DM for ManU's lack of transfers to date, but he's beginning to take the flak. Matching Fellaini's release clause might do some way to reduce fan pressure.

Yep, he can't use the "got to be careful with our pennies" excuse... At clubs like united they are in for the best and most expensive and they need to move quick.

I think they missed out on thiago because in all seriousness targeting fabregas does seem futile to me, I do think Fellaini will end up there.

While I'm not suggesting we would accept it, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that £40m bid come in soon for Baines and Fellaini. Most of the Reds' fans comments after today's defeat refer to shambolic defending and a gaping hole in midfield. Admittedly ManU didn't play many starters, but that's beside the point: these are two areas where the Reds are lacking.

All has been quiet for a few days, but I can't help but think ManU will be back with an offer soon. Given his failure (again) to sign Fabregas, you can sense the pressure building on DM to bring in someone - anyone.

But RM started on 1 July as well, and Everton have already signed four players. It may not be fair to blame DM for ManU's lack of transfers to date, but he's beginning to take the flak. Matching Fellaini's release clause might do some way to reduce fan pressure.

But the pressure continues to build on DM. They lost again today, even with RVP playing, and the fans are becoming more and more impatient.

I don't think signing Fellaini will do much to alleviate United's fans' worries, quite the contrary if you're to go on their fan forums.

Edited by Steve_E

It was a pre-season friendly.

Any fan worth his salt wouldn't give a toss if he lost it, as it's not what it is for.

If you read forum match reports many of them are fuming. They had a reasonably strong team out, shouldn't be shipping 3 goals. It hasn't been a great pre season for them thus far, too much distraction with Rooney. Sound bites about transfer failings.

Aside from that pretty disgusted to read Moyes "scared to play at old trafford - glad to get out alive" whilst manager of Everton. I guess zero wins there answers that.

Back to thread, he will come for Fellaini as last resort.

If you read forum match reports many of them are fuming. They had a reasonably strong team out, shouldn't be shipping 3 goals. It hasn't been a great pre season for them thus far, too much distraction with Rooney. Sound bites about transfer failings.

Aside from that pretty disgusted to read Moyes "scared to play at old trafford - glad to get out alive" whilst manager of Everton. I guess zero wins there answers that.

Back to thread, he will come for Fellaini as last resort.

Why would I read 'their' forum match reports Haf?

So much for your stance about moving on lol. Pre-season still means nothing. The other team will be determined to win, while United will be determined to avoid injury and get fit. Don't let that stop an opportunity to slate Moyes though.

So much for your stance about moving on lol. Pre-season still means nothing. The other team will be determined to win, while United will be determined to avoid injury and get fit. Don't let that stop an opportunity to slate Moyes though.

Well that's exactly it, RVP and wellbeck went off with injury. I occasionally go on red cafe and rawk to browse at what's going on in pre season. Story is Moyes is running them "hard" boot camp style.

Unfortunately Moyes isn't making it easy to move on, coming with low offers for Baines, talking about being fearful of playing at old trafford when he was Everton manager. He made a big play about how city were naughty in their pursuit of lescott yet does the same in his pursuit of fabragas. He has his own agenda, any remnants of Moyes love need to be gone... He made out he was toying with a new contract "will look at end of the season" - bollocks, he was picked last year.

The transfer merry go round will crank into gear if Suarez goes to arsenal £40m (plus a £1) bid made.

Well that's exactly it, RVP and wellbeck went off with injury. I occasionally go on red cafe and rawk to browse at what's going on in pre season. Story is Moyes is running them "hard" boot camp style.

Unfortunately Moyes isn't making it easy to move on, coming with low offers for Baines, talking about being fearful of playing at old trafford when he was Everton manager. He made a big play about how city were naughty in their pursuit of lescott yet does the same in his pursuit of fabragas. He has his own agenda, any remnants of Moyes love need to be gone... He made out he was toying with a new contract "will look at end of the season" - bollocks, he was picked last year.

The transfer merry go round will crank into gear if Suarez goes to arsenal £40m (plus a £1) bid made.

There isn't a manager in the world that isn't fearful of going to Old Trafford. They're not the dominant team for nothing, and besides, I'd say the 4-4 at their place wasn't too fearful. Moyes probably hasn't made an offer for any of our players. It's just media bollocks and trolling gossip. I also doubt Arsene Wenger would pay 40m for anybody.

I think that pre-season is very important personally, especially for a new manager. Its the ideal time for new ideas, styles and combinations to be tried before the season gets under way. Sure the early games do mean very little but its important to see things starting to take shape.

I havent seen or read the Utd stuff so cant comment on whether that is or isnt the case, and tbh I imagine its a lot of the glory hunter reds who expect them to sign everyone and win everything that are whining and bitching, but there should definitely be some progress from game to game.

There's plenty of clubs each year that have shit pre-seasons and start the regular season well and vice versa. There's no need for United fans to worry about pre-season but of course they're still going to if they do lose those games and lose out on their transfer targets as well (Thiago, probably Fabregas too). Then there's just those negative little stories in the back ground as well. The most recent being van Persie getting injured after Moyes said "We've over-trained him this week to try and build up his fitness", which has given Raymond Verheijen (that fitness coach that called Moyes a dinosaur a while ago) some more ammunition.

Three more days before the buy-out clause expires. I expect to see headlines early this week: ManU have offered 41m for Fellaini and Baines together.

We could do a lot with £41m! In addition to their wages, Fellaini & Baines have also taken up 43 pages on here alone, so far, just about their transfer rumours.....

Do we need them in Martinez's set-up? I don't know. If we don't then let them go. We won't get that kind of money for them in a year's time, or even in January 2014. Tends to be strikers doing the rounds for big money, then.