IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Week before was £28m, last week's 'bid' was allegedly £35m.

They've never offered 35m. Rumours were that ManU would make such an offer this week - after the Chelsea game - but it didn't happen. Anyway, it was the 28m joint bid that was labeled derisory. If the author of the article can't be bothered to check such basic facts, why trust the suggestion of a 20m bid?

we paid top price for Fellini when we bought him and £20-25 million is probably about his value to be honest, given what we paid for him we would never make a massive profit on him. Arsenal wouldn't pay more nor Chelsea so if he goes it will be to the highest bidder. His value is what another club are be willing to pay!!

Does Martinez prefer Fellini or £20M+ to spend is the question? I think he may be better with the money to invest in his own squad. Two or three descent player could be brought in.

Again I'll remind you all; Liege will get 15% of any profit. So take that straight off what Martinez will have to spend.

So....hypothetically, we sell for £25m and make a profit of £10m so we need to give Liege £1.5m. Still £23.5m which is a decent wedge :).

Again I'll remind you all; Liege will get 15% of any profit. So take that straight off what Martinez will have to spend.

IF we sell both Baines & Fellaini in the same deal then we should sell Fellaini for peanuts like Porto did with Moutinho & James.

For example:

We sell for £50 million;

Baines for £49 million, Fellaini for £1 million.

That way we only give away 15% of £1 million and keep the rest.

Edited by Zoo

IF we sell both Baines & Fellaini in the same deal then we should sell Fellaini for peanuts like Porto did with Moutinho & James.

For example:

We sell for £50 million;

I heard that was just a rumor. To be honest, while I think that's the better business decision, Everton Football Club is above that. Honestly, I look at Everton as being one of the few clubs that still has values and honor, and I'd feel slightly ashamed if we pulled some sly move like that.

They've never offered 35m. Rumours were that ManU would make such an offer this week - after the Chelsea game - but it didn't happen. Anyway, it was the 28m joint bid that was labeled derisory. If the author of the article can't be bothered to check such basic facts, why trust the suggestion of a 20m bid?

I don't know for certain whether they did or didn't. Not all bids are public knowledge. What most of us 'know' is pure speculation. We do know that a £28m bid was made and we 'know' or are led to believe that the next bid would be £35m. I certainly can't say for certain if any other bids have been made. Do you know for certain that a £35m bid was or wasn't made?

I don't know for certain whether they did or didn't. Not all bids are public knowledge. What most of us 'know' is pure speculation. We do know that a £28m bid was made and we 'know' or are led to believe that the next bid would be £35m. I certainly can't say for certain if any other bids have been made. Do you know for certain that a £35m bid was or wasn't made?

Sorry - I've taken us off track, haven't I? The point I was making is that the news article stated that ManU made a joint bid last week of 35m, which Everton rejected as derisory. But they didn't. The bid of last week that was rejected as derisory was for 28m. Since the author of the article couldn't be bothered to check his facts on that point, I don't lend much credence to his opinion that Everton will now accept a single bid of 20m. Especially since other papers are saying that ManU will offer 25m for Fellaini. Of course, none of us knows what will happen. Like these authors in the press, we can only speculate.

For example:

We sell for £50 million;

Nope. It's 15% of the profit made, not 15% of the total fee.

It appears that's all it could be. Rumors flying around or the usual misleading information from desperate (and bored) fucks on social network pages etc.

Until there's some tangible proof that Fellaini has departed and the club make an official statement, you can't read too much into what's been occuring. Will be interesting to see the price agreed for one thing, and above else, Fellaini could be going nowhere, that is remaining at Everton and contributing this season for us , and not some other manager or outfit. Fuck all these misleading rumors really. I'll wait until there's actual indisputable evidence that the Belgian is no longer a part of this club, before getting involved too much in things.

If wouldn't mind seeing Fellaini & Vic go, bringing in McCarthy (hopefully at a reasonable price) and bringing in a more proven/promising striking option at a higher price. Jelavic and Kone aren't doing it for us, Anichebe's work rate was great last year, but he's nothing more than a supersub or someone who can hold up a ball (not a true goal scorer), and I'm assuming Vellios won't cut it as neither Martinez or Moyes have shown an interest in giving him a run out in the past 12 months.

If wouldn't mind seeing Fellaini & Vic go, bringing in McCarthy (hopefully at a reasonable price) and bringing in a more proven/promising striking option at a higher price. Jelavic and Kone aren't doing it for us, Anichebe's work rate was great last year, but he's nothing more than a supersub or someone who can hold up a ball (not a true goal scorer), and I'm assuming Vellios won't cut it as neither Martinez or Moyes have shown an interest in giving him a run out in the past 12 months.

Then surely sell Kone and Jelavic ? :dont know: I can only presume Vic and Martinez have had words, as to close him out when he was our in form striker is bonkers.

Then surely sell Kone and Jelavic ? :dont know: I can only presume Vic and Martinez have had words, as to close him out when he was our in form striker is bonkers.

We can only sell a player who has suitors, and according to the rumors at the very least, Anichebe is the only one with a rumored suitor (Hull City).