IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

If £36m is near the mark then thanks for the memories and best of luck. I'd sell him in a heart beat for that.... But it's probably bollocks.

I also think the supposed tweet from Fellaini is bollocks too. Can't imagine, given all the bullshit thats gone on, it would be allowed by either club.

Why, is he from the Netherlands ?

One language I never undertook, but that Mirror article is garbage. Or maybe what you'd expect from such a sub-standard publication. But at least we're talking sensible, No, appropriate money now, after the recent derisory offers been seen for this player. Say again, rumors running wild, it seems sometimes nobody knows what's going on or will occur with this issue, but only waiting until the seemingly inevitable occurs and we take it from there.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20130831_00716888

£23.5m Euros - 500k above the clause.

Steve_E will probably have something to say about it.

It says a deal has been agreed for £24m after Fellaini told Martinez he wanted to join United on thursday. The deal was then agreed on friday.. It's an article from almost 27 hours ago though.

It also says part of the motivation for selling him is that the £23,5m is activated again in January. Would be a shit reason imo. Why would we even have an expiration date on the clause if we're still gonna sell him for 500k more 48 hours before the window closes.

Edited by Steve_E

I think 38 mil is getting there. With clever work on the transfer market that could get us 4-5 players that improve the starting 11/squad.

Sad to see both go but sometimes you have to do whats best for the club and the club is bigger than Fellaini and Baines.

Would prefer to just sell Felli at around 28 mil though

This is apparently happening. Felli due to sign for Man Utd for 28 mil according to swedish newspaper. Baines staying. Sorry for quoting myself but wanted to gloat incase it really happens.

So not really sorry for quoting myself. :D

We need another Anchor man midfielder then surely if Felli goes. McCarthy isn't the same type of player at all so I hope he's not the only 1 in if this happens.

Same position different players. A bit like Carroll and Defoe. Both strikers, different attributes.

Do we need a 6ft 3 midfielder? I don't think so, we do need a tempo setter. Someone who can take the ball from the centre halves and dictate play.

I think McCarthy is a replacement for Osman. Barry will be a replacement for Fellaini. Lets see what happens to the other £10m

Guest rusty747

I think getting Mcarthy will be good for Ross too. I can see them developing a great understanding. They are both technically gifted and if they gel it will be a better partnership than Felli plus anyone else IMHO.

Hope not as it would be frustrating to see is sell him for the release trigger....now that it's up.

I could just picture Moyes now with a smile saying "told you so"

We should at least make then pay an extra few million for not sorting it before the reel release trigger was up. Or there was no point in the first place if we were alleys going to roll over for them.

Hope not as it would be frustrating to see is sell him for the release trigger....now that it's up.

I could just picture Moyes now with a smile saying "told you so"

We should at least make then pay an extra few million for not sorting it before the reel release trigger was up. Or there was no point in the first place if we were alleys going to roll over for them.

think the 23.5m is after the 15% we owe to Standard Leige

Thanks for the memories Felli. Hope he does well, and happy he's kept his mouth shut during all this, and still played for us when he's been needed. Some players at other clubs haven't handled them self with much decency, so I have no issue with him and will give his a cheer when he comes back (not his new boss though). Time to freshen up the midfield with some technical and high tempo players. For that kind of money we should be able to replace him and get some competition in there too. I seriously hope we try to loan Holtby, he could be a serious player for us. Or even Sigurdsson as he is rumoured to be available too. Either would fit nicely with McCarthy or Gibson.

Same position different players. A bit like Carroll and Defoe. Both strikers, different attributes.

Do we need a 6ft 3 midfielder? I don't think so, we do need a tempo setter. Someone who can take the ball from the centre halves and dictate play.

I think McCarthy is a replacement for Osman. Barry will be a replacement for Fellaini. Lets see what happens to the other £10m

See, to me McCarthy is that tempo setter. I'm not saying we need a 6ft 3 midfielder, but I think Martinez likes to have that midfielder sat in front of the back 4 such as Felli did yesterday and is simply there to break things up. We still need someone to do that should Felli go IMO. And then we need another 1 maybe 2 CM's on top of a replacement for Felli IMO.

Much as it pains me, I still stick by what I said last week, deal to be done at last moment, no time to get anyone in, the usual anguished cries from the club about really trying hard but it was too late, and the money disappearing into the 'Goodison triangle' come January! I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the nearer it gets the more concerned I become. :(

Edited by bassman

I'm actually desperate for us to sell now tbh, it's clear we can only make signings if we sell first and we really do need to make signings. Martinez needs to get his players into his system, not fitting all of Moyes' signings into his system.

As much as it will sadden me to see Felli leave I cant help think that it will be for the benefit of the club.