IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

The way Fellaini played yesterday I would guess he's off. I'm tired of him, I actually want him to go!

Other than their first goal (blame falls on the other 2 numpties in blue shirts as well) he put in a solid performance, intercepting everything and moving the ball along. They only had two shots on target, he must have been doing something right.

(From the forum Zoo used) Canary Rob "... Everton were class, Fellaini unstoppable. We didn't lump it up field, but there were a few too many balls over the top easily read by Everton. Given players missing it was actually very encouraging.'

Other than their first goal (blame falls on the other 2 numpties in blue shirts as well) he put in a solid performance, intercepting everything and moving the ball along. They only had two shots on target, he must have been doing something right.

(From the forum Zoo used) Canary Rob "... Everton were class, Fellaini unstoppable. We didn't lump it up field, but there were a few too many balls over the top easily read by Everton. Given players missing it was actually very encouraging.'

Exactly. Also if you look at his stats from yesterday they too show he was one of the best performers. Fourth Official retweeted as people on there were talking out of their arse as well.

The Mirror are reporting that Moyes is going to try and sign Fellaini on the cheap now the clause has expired - £18million.

Another bullshit sunday papers story. They've been publishing the same thing for weeks. And why the hell would they wait for the clause to expire before offering less? Those "journalists" do know that they can still offer less even if there is a clause, right?

• 2 weeks later...

True that 25 million seems a little cheap in todays market with exaggerated prices, but right now would be inclined to take it. At least we make a ten million profit on what we initially paid. I can't see him going for the 30 or 40 million some have suggested.

This. No way in hell Fellaini would go for more than 30m.

I would take £25m definitely now. If we get McCarthy for £10-£12m then that leaves us with £13-£15m left to buy another player or two.

Think Fellaini has been good for us, I do feel though under Martinez we will need a more mobile (agile) midfielder and McCarthy fits the bill.

on twitter a fee has been agreed..some saying it's 20 rising to 24

I'll be pissed off if this happens. If Man Utd want him so badly we should sell him for 30 million minimum. Bought him for 15 million and he's proven in the PL now. He'll walk into any midfield in the league and we will let him go for 20 million rising to 24? Fuck off.

If they're not interested in offering us more money for him, fine. He stays. I'm sure Martinez will find a way to play our best midfielder somewhere.

This could be the source of the rumour...

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/27/manchester-united-and-everton-agree-fee-for-marouane-fellaini-transfer-3939741/

...or the source they report could be twitter!!!

Fat lot they know. ManU didn't offer 35m last week; they offered 28m. That mistake by itself tells me the report cannot be trusted.