IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Felli is a game winner. I don't know why so many fans are happy to see him go. While he is here, it keeps us on the footballing map, and in the eyes of Europe in terms of players wanting to join.

Baines is 29 in December. If we must lose somebody, I'd rather it were Osman.

Well said Avin, I don't see a another midfielder in the prem to touch him for less than the rate of say £30 mill minimum. I don't see any other prem clubs banging at Wigans door for Mcarthy do I? :dont know:

Then surely sell Kone and Jelavic ? :dont know: I can only presume Vic and Martinez have had words, as to close him out when he was our in form striker is bonkers.

Certainly odd that he wasnt in the squad today. Im not sure he will be good enough at bringing other into play along the ground, but I think he would be a good player to bring off the bench to mix it up a little more. I think I would rather have Vic then Jela tbh.

If wouldn't mind seeing Fellaini & Vic go, bringing in McCarthy (hopefully at a reasonable price) and bringing in a more proven/promising striking option at a higher price. Jelavic and Kone aren't doing it for us, Anichebe's work rate was great last year, but he's nothing more than a supersub or someone who can hold up a ball (not a true goal scorer), and I'm assuming Vellios won't cut it as neither Martinez or Moyes have shown an interest in giving him a run out in the past 12 months.

Sell Kone based one competitive 90 mins?! Jeez you are hard to impress!

Certainly odd that he wasnt in the squad today. Im not sure he will be good enough at bringing other into play along the ground, but I think he would be a good player to bring off the bench to mix it up a little more. I think I would rather have Vic then Jela tbh.

Sell Kone based one competitive 90 mins?! Jeez you are hard to impress!

I didn't say "sell Kone". I just haven't been impressed by anything I've seen from him, preseason or competitive.

Then surely sell Kone and Jelavic ? :dont know: I can only presume Vic and Martinez have had words, as to close him out when he was our in form striker is bonkers.

yes but alot of his goals were off the bench.... I think vic will never make it to the levels we want him to. He doesnt give enough in a game. He is a trier but we need some sheer class up front and he's not the answer. He's another Kenwyn Jones, Carlton Cole, Shaun Goater, Shola Ameobi, Eubanks Blake.... He will just trail away, and his attitude stinks. He sounds like he's just left school in some of his interviews.... Very immature on and off the pitch... He thinks trying 100% guarantees you a starting place when you need a good percentage of raw talent.

If you want to see how Anichebe fits in to this system, take a look at the Accrington match where he sat centrally with his back to the defenders, and the attacking midfielders played one / two's with him. It's still on my site in the preseason section if you missed it. I think that could work well in the league.

Based on his appearance today, I think it was sentiment, not tactical.

Then when he scored, every single Ayer went over to him, embraced or ruffled his hair. They just looked like they'd signed him off.

I think he's gone. I really think its been done after tonight's reactions :(

It's starting to get to the scary point were we've got to trust that replacements are in hand if/when Fellaini and/or Baines goes.

Fuming at United, as they've known the stance of the club and haven't, as far as I know come back with any further offer which is reasonable. I'm really concerned that something will happen tomorrow or Monday night and we'll be fooked.

Guest rusty747

Just been reported on Al Jezeera (Richard Keys and Andy Gray) that Felli has just tweeted ' By Monday I will not be a blue"

Don't have the tweet but it's being reported on Al Jazeera.

Just been reported on Al Jezeera (Richard Keys and Andy Gray) that Felli has just tweeted ' By Monday I will not be a blue"

Don't have the tweet but it's being reported on Al Jazeera.

Bit of a daft thing to report (by Keys and Gray) when it's so easy check :dont know: .

Guest rusty747

Might have been removed but it is now being discussed by Keys, Gray and Shearer live on Al Jazeera Sports Channel HD 6

Edited to add that I just checked the Man U fans site at http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/268429/2413770.aspx

and they don't seem to want him and they also think its a fake posting that has subsequently been removed.

Doing my head in this is. Just want Tuesday to come quick.

Edited by rusty747

That 'fat bald scot' Gray ,was a pivotal player for us during his Everton tenure and was instrumental in helping the club win honors in his short time. Damn fine player, even if he did turn down the job offer in 1997 to take over from Royle to concentrate on his Sky Sports duties.

As for Felliaini, not buying into any rumors or social network banalities. Right now, he's an Everton player, and until official word comes through that an offer has been accepted or the club makes a statement, you can't look too much into things. I do feel actually that he may be departing before the window closes, but until that time occurs, won't be getting in a state with anything. Just waiting for some actual confirmation on this issue.

The Mirror is reporting a 36m deal for Fellaini, with Lingard coming to Everton in a season-long loan. If that number is correct, it's quite extraordinary.

No way in hell that's true. But I'd be absolutely supportive of that deal. Lindegaard though? I would've liked to bring him in over the summer as our #2, but I don't see why we'd bring him in now. Unless it's viewed that Joel is not a suitable #2.

On second thought, the Lindegaard part makes me think this is complete bullshit.

Edited by Quinn31