IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Funny isn't it. Two players supposedly looking for big clubs. Lazy bastards, disgrace. Made Welsh defence look like Milan side of 90's. When in actual fact they are championship level.

Sorry not having that. Since when is Ashley Williams and James Chester championship level? Add Neil Taylor to that as well who plays week in week out for Swansea. Gunter could play in the prem as well. We've only conceded 2 in this group (penalty and free kick) and I highly doubt a championship level defence could contain Belgium Home and Away as well as Bosnia and Israel. Bit disrespectful. Edited by Geth

Sorry not having that. Since when is Ashley Williams and James Chester championship level? Add Neil Taylor to that as well who plays week in week out for Swansea. Gunter could play in the prem as well. We've only conceded 2 in this group (penalty and free kick) and I highly doubt a championship level defence could contain Belgium Home and Away as well as Bosnia and Israel. Bit disrespectful.

Agreed, that defence is not leeky (see what I did there, nudge nudge wink sink)

Sorry not having that. Since when is Ashley Williams and James Chester championship level? Add Neil Taylor to that as well who plays week in week out for Swansea. Gunter could play in the prem as well. We've only conceded 2 in this group (penalty and free kick) and I highly doubt a championship level defence could contain Belgium Home and Away as well as Bosnia and Israel. Bit disrespectful.

I actually read Haf's post as suggesting Lukaku & Benteke were championship level, not the Wales defence, but I may be wrong.

Brilliant result though, take a catastrophic loss of form to stop them qualifying now; always upset me when they failed with Nev, Dai and the Rat in the team so I'll be really happy to see them in France next year.

I actually read Haf's post as suggesting Lukaku & Benteke were championship level, not the Wales defence, but I may be wrong.

Brilliant result though, take a catastrophic loss of form to stop them qualifying now; always upset me when they failed with Nev, Dai and the Rat in the team so I'll be really happy to see them in France next year.

Think you're probably the only one who's read it that way, Mike. Seems clear he's talking about the Welsh defence to me.

I've got to hold my hands up and say my comment was disrespectful to the Welsh defence and snobbish.

The intention is that those two supposedly superstars are meant to be elite strikers and despite individually the Welsh defenders not being exactly John Terry level they were made to look superior in every way.

So my point is - surely they will face better defenders in their elite level aspired careers. Congrats to Wales btw. Hope they qualify.

I've got to hold my hands up and say my comment was disrespectful to the Welsh defence and snobbish.

The intention is that those two supposedly superstars are meant to be elite strikers and despite individually the Welsh defenders not being exactly John Terry level they were made to look superior in every way.

So my point is - surely they will face better defenders in their elite level aspired careers. Congrats to Wales btw. Hope they qualify.

I hope so. I don't think we've ever been in a better situation at this stage in a qualifying campaign before so surely this is our time. Never know with Wales though, so many near misses over the years so we're not counting our chickens just yet. I belive this squad is different though. We have quality in our team and with Ramsey and Bale anything is possible. Looks like we'll be first seeds for the World Cup qualifiers which is ridiculous considering we were seeded sixth and bottom seeds in the last one. Shows how far we've come. The buzz about Welsh football is unbelievable at the moment. I can hands down say I've never been involved in an atmosphere like that before where our fans literally never stopped singing for 90 minutes. The party in Cardiff was immense as well and I'm still suffering today. The next double header is pivotal; Cyprus Away and Israel Home. 2 wins and we're virtually there. Need Belgium to win the rest of their games as well so here's hoping Rom and Mirallas perform for them!! Edited by Geth

I hope so. I don't think we've ever been in a better situation at this stage in a qualifying campaign before so surely this is our time. Never know with Wales though, so many near misses over the years so we're not counting our chickens just yet. I belive this squad is different though. We have quality in our team and with Ramsey and Bale anything is possible. Looks like we'll be first seeds for the World Cup qualifiers which is ridiculous considering we were seeded sixth and bottom seeds in the last one. Shows how far we've come. The buzz about Welsh football is unbelievable at the moment. I can hands down say I've never been involved in an atmosphere like that before where our fans literally never stopped singing for 90 minutes. The party in Cardiff was immense as well and I'm still suffering today. The next double header is pivotal; Cyprus Away and Israel Home. 2 wins and we're virtually there. Need Belgium to win the rest of their games as well so here's hoping Rom and Mirallas perform for them!!

I wouldn't bank on anything from Belgium, they appear to have the most disconnected, arrogant and supposedly talented players since we were used to watching the Dutch underachieve for so many years.

I hope so. I don't think we've ever been in a better situation at this stage in a qualifying campaign before so surely this is our time. Never know with Wales though, so many near misses over the years so we're not counting our chickens just yet. I belive this squad is different though. We have quality in our team and with Ramsey and Bale anything is possible. Looks like we'll be first seeds for the World Cup qualifiers which is ridiculous considering we were seeded sixth and bottom seeds in the last one. Shows how far we've come. The buzz about Welsh football is unbelievable at the moment. I can hands down say I've never been involved in an atmosphere like that before where our fans literally never stopped singing for 90 minutes. The party in Cardiff was immense as well and I'm still suffering today. The next double header is pivotal; Cyprus Away and Israel Home. 2 wins and we're virtually there. Need Belgium to win the rest of their games as well so here's hoping Rom and Mirallas perform for them!!

Put it this way; I enjoy watching Wales a hell of a lot more than I do England.

I wouldn't bank on anything from Belgium, they appear to have the most disconnected, arrogant and supposedly talented players since we were used to watching the Dutch underachieve for so many years.

It's crazy that Belgium are number 2 in the world. Shows how fucked up the ranking system is.

Put it this way; I enjoy watching Wales a hell of a lot more than I do England.

It's crazy that Belgium are number 2 in the world. Shows how fucked up the ranking system is.

You're not the first Englishman to tell me that. From a Welshman's point of view my opinion of the England national team is that they're very boring and lacking any sort of spark to raise you off your seat. Hodgson has a part in that though, christ he's a boring man and I just can't see him being able to motivate an England team. He has no personality whatsoever. You have a terrible group as well. No real challenge there so you can stroll through without really being tested and then when you actually play a good side you seem to struggle. Is this the feeling of most England fans?

You're not the first Englishman to tell me that. From a Welshman's point of view my opinion of the England national team is that they're very boring and lacking any sort of spark to raise you off your seat. Hodgson has a part in that though, christ he's a boring man and I just can't see him being able to motivate an England team. He has no personality whatsoever. You have a terrible group as well. No real challenge there so you can stroll through without really being tested and then when you actually play a good side you seem to struggle. Is this the feeling of most England fans?

I can only speak for myself but you've nailed my opinion on it completely.

Same as Alf Ramsey ;).