IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Do you think he will get 20 next year? I don't. Based on premier league goals last year he was 10 in 36. So he's got to double his return.

If we give him the service, yes I do

I don't know the stats but I would hazardous a guess that his goals per game ratio drastically improved after Xmas when the back four stopped fucking about with the ball and actually played it forward every now and again

Add a creative midfielder to the mix this year and I'm fairly sure our washed up 22 year old will do just fine

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Ultimately and as frustrating as it is, I don't care all that much about his ability to control a ball, if he's scoring (which he is).

If he wasn't scoring, then I'd be worried.

A lot of teams have spent a lot more and got far less goal return. Soldado, Torres, Carroll, Postiga, Keane, Schevchenko...

Ultimately and as frustrating as it is, I don't care all that much about his ability to control a ball, if he's scoring (which he is).

If he wasn't scoring, then I'd be worried.

A lot of teams have spent a lot more and got far less goal return. Soldado, Torres, Carroll, Postiga, Keane, Schevchenko...

So far Lukaku has cost us @ £756k a goal where as Kone has cost us £6m a goal

That's not taking assists into account (Kone hasn't got any)

But fuck all that Kone can control a ball apparently so let's start with him next season

But fuck all that Kone can control a ball apparently so let's start with him next season

There's a sea lion at Flamingo land that controls a ball exquisitely, on the end of his nose. Its amazing. I bet he'll easily bag more goals than Lukaku. And he's been 7 for ages. Edited by tenaciousj

Ah the good old 17 apppearance Kone, the sacrificial forward. Worth £6m just for when our lazy arsed Belgian fancies dropping tools. I think every team needs one. Balotelli was a more expensive one for that lot allowing Daniel Sturridge to Blag his waythrough games

£28m - 10 premier goals in 36 games. 2 of them pennos, way to go Rom. 1 in 4 normalised from a supposed 1 in 2 striker.

When they were on Cleverley's case, a player they watched every week, you were calling them morons

Now they are slating Rom you seem to think there opinion matters ????

Don't try and retrofit an argument Duncan, second time in a week you've done that and failed.

Cleverley took shit off Match attending fans at old Trafford, not a crowd called Red cafe (kinda like blaming toffeetalk for the shit Barkley takes at goodison) the red cafe mob were actually quite balanced about him. Tsk tsk, you really aren't doing well there.

Edited by Hafnia

Ah the good old 17 apppearance Kone, the sacrificial forward. Worth £6m just for when our lazy arsed Belgian fancies dropping tools. I think every team needs one. Balotelli was a more expensive one for that lot allowing Daniel Sturridge to Blag his waythrough games

£28m - 10 premier goals in 36 games. 2 of them pennos, way to go Rom. 1 in 4 normalised from a supposed 1 in 2 striker.

I see you've ignored my question about his ratio this year. Do those stats not fit in with your opinion ?

I see you've ignored my question about his ratio this year. Do those stats not fit in with your opinion ?

What question? Usually have a question mark for a question is there a question???

You could just make up another excuse for Rom:-

He's 21

He's 22

Service is poor

He needs to not have the ball played when he has a defender behind him

He's better than Kone

He's maybe a bit better than Anichebe

£28m isn't that much money Liverpool blew £35m on Carroll.

He scored more goals playing for the 15th anderlect cub scouts than neymar did for the boys brigade in brazil by the time he was 12

We are lucky to have him, he could have signed for some German team who wouldn't pay him the wages we do.

Edited by Hafnia

With an excuse like that Duncan you could go out tomorrow and spend £30k on a Mercedes that is only worth £15k that needs work doing it. And if your wife moans you could say "well it's a better car than your second hand corsa" and of course all will be ok.

What question? Usually have a question mark for a question is there a question???

You could just make up another excuse for Rom:-

He's 21

He's 22

Service is poor

He needs to not have the ball played when he has a defender behind him

He's better than Kone

He's maybe a bit better than Anichebe

£28m isn't that much money Liverpool blew £35m on Carroll.

He scored more goals playing for the 15th anderlect cub scouts than neymar did for the boys brigade in brazil by the time he was 12

We are lucky to have him, he could have signed for some German team who wouldn't pay him the wages we do.

OK I will put in a question mark if it really makes you happy

What are Roms stats like this year since we actually started playing the ball forward ?

With an excuse like that Duncan you could go out tomorrow and spend £30k on a Mercedes that is only worth £15k that needs work doing it. And if your wife moans you could say "well it's a better car than your second hand corsa" and of course all will be ok.

Yeah your analogy works if you still believe that Lukaku is at the peak of his career at the grand old age of 22 and will never develop and its all downhill for him from now on

However most players are not comparable to cars and actually increase in value as they get older and develop

What are Roms stats like this year since we actually started playing the ball forward ?

There really wasn't a question more a statement.

So the question is:- what are roms stats like since we started playing the ball forward?

Are you on the ale??? Do you honestly think there is software that analyses that?

Put simply his shot accuracy is 55% - poor, he scores 9.52% of his chances which if we look at others I will put that into context....

Diego Costa 26%

Giroud 20%

Harry Kane 19%

Steven Naismith 18%

Aguero 18%

Berahino 17%

Benteke 16%

Rooney 15%

Jelavic 14%

Austin 14%

Bony 14%

Crouch 13%

Anichebe 12%

Carlton Cole 12%

Zamora 10%

Routledge 10%

LUKAKU 9.5%

Victor Moses 7%

Kone 7%

So let's just leave it at that then eh? Unless you are doubting the credibility of what is a chance? It can't be a chance if it was played in from the side? in the air? on his right foot....

I think we can see a clear separation in quality above 14% and below 14%.

In simple maths lukakus chances this season with Harry Kanes conversion rate = 20 league goals. With jelavics conversion rate he would have had another 5 prem goals.

It all tells an interesting story.

Edited by Hafnia

Don't think he is anywhere near as bad as being made out...and Im sure he will have a better season this season.

But not a good question mate.

Answer is one open play goal since January in the league. Think he also scored two pens. So counting then three.

Haven't actually double checked those stats but that's what sky sports said.

There really wasn't a question more a statement.

So the question is:- what are roms stats like since we started playing the ball forward?

Are you on the ale??? Do you honestly think there is software that analyses that?

Put simply his shot accuracy is 55% - poor, he scores 9.52% of his chances which if we look at others I will put that into context....

Diego Costa 26%

Giroud 20%

Harry Kane 19%

Steven Naismith 18%

Aguero 18%

Berahino 17%

Benteke 16%

Rooney 15%

Jelavic 14%

Austin 14%

Bony 14%

Crouch 13%

Anichebe 12%

Carlton Cole 12%

Zamora 10%

Routledge 10%

LUKAKU 9.5%

Victor Moses 7%

Kone 7%

So let's just leave it at that then eh? Unless you are doubting the credibility of what is a chance? It can't be a chance if it was played in from the side? in the air? on his right foot....

I think we can see a clear separation in quality above 14% and below 14%.

In simple maths lukakus chances this season with Harry Kanes conversion rate = 20 league goals. With jelavics conversion rate he would have had another 5 prem goals.

It all tells an interesting story.

Ok I will answer the question for you

In the 22 games he has played in this year, since we started going more direct, he has scored 13 and assisted 4 , that's not too shabby in my book , especially considering how shite we were last season

Im just glad your not Evertons chief scout. Imagine where we would be without the goals and assists of the two players you seem hell bent on criticising ( Mirallas & Lukaku) . Yet you bang the drum for the likes of Alcaraz, Kone and McGeady

Look at the service kane gets. If Rom had them chances I'd expect him to get the golden boot. Leicester aside Rom didn't miss many sitters, kane goals come from the better opportunities, he should have scored alot more. As for the conversion rate, piss poor service limited Roms quality of shooting opportunity we were slow going forward and by the time Lukaku got the ball he'd have no one making runs and a mass of Defenders infront of him leading to blocked or skied hit and hopes. Whereas Tottenham never stopped running and creating space. What's the conversion rate for chances they should have scored?

Listen, the fact remains, if you like him you will paper over these cracks with all talk of service etc etc. Just as I will expose these cracks.

Reality is as stated 4 goals domestically since January 2 of which are pens. So not sure what you are quoting there Duncan, if we changed our style of play it wasn't reflected. As I say his chance conversion is low. Maybe all the others had tap ins.

Haf, you've been playing this record along time. No one on the site seems to have the same opinion as you. After 12 months of pushing it, no one else has changed their opinion. How long are you going to keep pedalling stats that suit your argument, getting wound up by his defenders, and pushing the same analogies before you decide it's not working?

I don't see why you are putting so much effort into it, I really don't. You weren't this determined when it came to the Kirkby move!

May I pose a question? How long do you think Everton will hold onto Lukaku? For me, I can't decide whether or not I can see Lukaku making Everton his home for the rest of his career or in a few years time he will bounce from outfit to outfit as a merc. If we have to cut our losses when will be the appropriate time to do so?

Something that I am trying to understand is the relationship between player and club. Especially considering Lukaku who is a bit of an exception and unique acquisition to the club. There are so many factors to take into account concerning satisfaction on both ends of stick. The player's wants and needs, and the club's expectations from the player.

Lukaku is only a piece of a foundation that Everton is trying to build around. It may take a few years for it to come to fruition which is frustrating considering last year's terrible performance. And what is to say it ever will kick on? The supporting cast is growing along with him which is why I think Everton can be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the premier league, OR EUROPE….with time and patience of course.

So what will be the return investment on Romelu Lukaku?

Haf, you've been playing this record along time. No one on the site seems to have the same opinion as you. After 12 months of pushing it, no one else has changed their opinion. How long are you going to keep pedalling stats that suit your argument, getting wound up by his defenders, and pushing the same analogies before you decide it's not working?

I don't see why you are putting so much effort into it, I really don't. You weren't this determined when it came to the Kirkby move!

Most people thought the world was flat Steve, what's your point? I would actually argue that missing word is denial.

He is the most defended player I've known.

I've been here before, I called Michael Owen for what he was and was ridiculed. I said without pace he is average at best. Of course that was flamed, till people actually rewalised it was true.

May I pose a question? How long do you think Everton will hold onto Lukaku? For me, I can't decide whether or not I can see Lukaku making Everton his home for the rest of his career or in a few years time he will bounce from outfit to outfit as a merc. If we have to cut our losses when will be the appropriate time to do so?

Something that I am trying to understand is the relationship between player and club. Especially considering Lukaku who is a bit of an exception and unique acquisition to the club. There are so many factors to take into account concerning satisfaction on both ends of stick. The player's wants and needs, and the club's expectations from the player.

Lukaku is only a piece of a foundation that Everton is trying to build around. It may take a few years for it to come to fruition which is frustrating considering last year's terrible performance. And what is to say it ever will kick on? The supporting cast is growing along with him which is why I think Everton can be one of the most exciting teams to watch in the premier league, OR EUROPE.with time and patience of course.

So what will be the return investment on Romelu Lukaku?

He's just a player, a bang average one too. It's just that he courts a lot of hype.