Hope so but his absence has been a little vague over return date.

Three weeks he was supposed to be out... Two months ago! He tweeted he was back in training about three weeks ago and then the club said he was back in training a week ago (I think) and was maybe going to be ready for today's game.

It's been a strange one to say the least and we really could do with him back next weekend. If he's not then I dread to think what our midfield is going to look like.

I never doubted that for a second, i think he is our best CM (bar Felli). But how do we know there isn't a clause saying if he plays X amount of games before whenever we have to cough up a couple of mill? would explain the low price we got him for originally as well.

What I'm saying is, we don't know how much we are paying for those appearances, and If we can afford to pay them. I merely stated that it could be a possibility that we can't afford to pay that instalment after 15 app's (he's made 14 apps according to wiki). And since we don't know A) if there is any money due after X amount of appearances and B ) If we can afford to pay it Then I don't see why it is 'Nonsense' ?

What I'm saying is, we don't know how much we are paying for those appearances, and If we can afford to pay them. I merely stated that it could be a possibility that we can't afford to pay that instalment after 15 app's (he's made 14 apps according to wiki). And since we don't know A) if there is any money due after X amount of appearances and B ) If we can afford to pay it Then I don't see why it is 'Nonsense' ?

It's nonsense in the sense that I think he's not playing because he's having an affair with Moyes' daughter and they've fallen out!!!

There's no substanance or evidence to that just pure speculation! He's not playing because it's taken longer than expected for him to recover from an injury sustained in the 2-0 defeat vs WBA - plain and simple. What myself and mark were discussing was that it was a 2-3week injury and then no time scale was put on it after that and the situation went quiet... (Obviously when he was banging Lauren Moyes!)

Sorry, forgot you were ITK

I'm not. Are you on your period? You've asked me to explain why it's nonsense and I have and now you're getting your handbag out.

I retract all I've said... yes, great scoop he's probably one game from sinking the club triggering a repayment we can't afford!!! Kenwright out!!! Better?!

Ah, glad to see you agree your being a cunt then.

*you're

It's too easy with you, you'll bite at anything and keep on at it until it's boring, in turn papering over the nonsense that you regularly spout. I'm sure you'll reply so I'll step away after this and we'll see if Gibbo playing 1 more game triggers the £10m 15 game activation clause that will finish the club!

Thats me, spouting nonsense and backing the BU all the time and what not! laugh.png

I'll go back on my word of stepping away - I wasn't actually aware you back the BU? Your choice if you do, but please form your own opinion if you do, look to haf, don't agree with much of what he says but there's no disputing he puts time in to research into what he believes and stands by it.

No, just some individuals arguing amongst themselves, and half this thread isn't even about the kid ?

By my math, his loan deal (extension) at Sheffield Wednesday is due to run out on the 22nd of this month.

He's been doing so well there since his loan deal, that wouldn't, or couldn't, they ask to keep him on for another month ? Not all up on loan deals sometimes in my defense

shame for him, especially if he doesn't get a game and just sits on the bench though I'd expect he'll get at least substitute appearances.

If Mirallas isn't back for Norwich I think there's a good chance we could see Barkley start.

Many of the members there seem very pleased with Barkley, even if a few seem a bit inexperienced with their evaluations.

I think it's a typical knee jerk reaction, and not totally unexpected. Wednesday are playing in a very difficult league, and like most promoted teams, struggle, until they finally adapt, be it with time, or investment, and to read some of them suggesting Barkley is the reason for their poor start is interesting, if disappointing.

You can throw a diamond into a bag of coal, but it won't make the other coals sparkle, and if anything, it tarnishes the shine of the true gem. If Wednesday want their team to improve, a little patience, and a bit of polishing is needed.

Just make sure they haven't given us a Cubik Zirkona back instead ....... dodgy gits. tongue.png

Hello Chaps and Ladies!!

Thanks for lending us Ross Barkley for a few months - what a player you lot have got on your hands!!. He took a while to settle but he found his feet soon enough.

If he's not featured in your team in the future can we have him back??, or anyone else you can spare!!. He will soon be in the main England set up soon enough if he keeps playing the way he as for us no question about it. Hope you keep your good season going and be in the top four in the premiership at the end of the season.

From a very appreciated Wednesday fan!!.

Up the Toffies!! (and the Owls!!)

Hello Chaps and Ladies!!

Thanks for lending us Ross Barkley for a few months - what a player you lot have got on your hands!!. He took a while to settle but he found his feet soon enough.

If he's not featured in your team in the future can we have him back??, or anyone else you can spare!!. He will soon be in the main England set up soon enough if he keeps playing the way he as for us no question about it. Hope you keep your good season going and be in the top four in the premiership at the end of the season.

From a very appreciated Wednesday fan!!.

Up the Toffies!! (and the Owls!!)

Conor McAleny and Vellios could do with some Championship football. Also there is Silva Junior a box-to-box midfielder who would fit into a 442.

Conor McAleny and Vellios could do with some Championship football. Also there is Silva Junior a box-to-box midfielder who would fit into a 442.

Hi Pete, yep we will take all three - thanks!!

BTW was there much of an improvement in Barkley's defensive work during his spell?

he's a young lad - he did ok defending - but that was'nt his job to do so... we have too many cr*p defenders in our team, can we have him back as a centre back!!

He's not a wordsmith is he? Suppose I'l not complain if he lives up to some of the billing, but my god, keep him away from the interviews.

At least he wasn't chewing gum this timeunsure.png .

He's not the sharpest by a long way, he desperately needs to see a dentist and that haircut's awful.....but I can forgive all that if he lives up to the expectation.

Weeeeell, if you click the link he'll tell you for his own self. Barely managed to answer the interviewers questions, which were completely bog standard.

He sounded just like any other 18 year old footballer to me. Let's let the kid be a kid, and develop in his own time.

Very keen to see how he fares tonight (I think he's a cert to start).

I hope moyes "better player" means that he chooses the right time to use his vision and skill - rather than be more conservative.

I do worry that you can polish a diamond so much that there is not much left to sparkle. However I do think that Ross can get a little carried away and takes risks - very fine line.

He should be out on loan. He looked awful when he came on late for us. Not settled enough to come on late against a big team like Chelsea.

Thought he did surprisingly well myself. Got caught down a dead end but that aside I thought he looked very assured.

He looked good against Stoke too. Lad who I work with is a big stoke fan and he said he was impressed with him.

Give him 90 minutes in this game, the when the likes of Gibbo are back then a loan to somewhere like Blackpool will be a good one. Sheff wed were in a bad place when he was there - no one standing up to the plate and he was on a different wavelength to the other players. I would go as far as to offer him to QPR if he got game time - Harry would be good for him.

He looked good against Stoke too. Lad who I work with is a big stoke fan and he said he was impressed with him.

Give him 90 minutes in this game, the when the likes of Gibbo are back then a loan to somewhere like Blackpool will be a good one. Sheff wed were in a bad place when he was there - no one standing up to the plate and he was on a different wavelength to the other players. I would go as far as to offer him to QPR if he got game time - Harry would be good for him.

I think both him and Duffy would be great loan signings for Wigan as I think they would both suit Martinez' style of play.

I think both him and Duffy would be great loan signings for Wigan as I think they would both suit Martinez' style of play.

i dont think either would get into wigans side in fact im beginning to think barkley wont make it

i dont think either would get into wigans side in fact im beginning to think barkley wont make it

Even I should be starting for Wigan ahead of Gary Caldwell... No idea how he plays in the Premiership.

Barkley has the technical ability to make it, he just needs to learn what its like to play week in week out.