Zoo

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/06/arsenal-v-everton-best-value-xi-from-seamus-coleman-to-olivier-giroud-4217035/

Seamus Coleman (£150k from Sligo Rovers)

There’s cheap, and then there’s just plain ridiculous. To discover such a diamond in the rough for the price of a one bedroom flat in Croydon is almost unheard of in top flight football, and the right-back must go down as one of the biggest bargains in Premier League history.

Didn't know where else to put this so I guess it fits here. Our assistant manager here for Red Bull New York, Robin Fraser, apparently has spent the last week here with Everton. He's our tactician so it appears that Bobby and co are viewed as great mentors from a tactical standpoint, and it also seems that we're forming a nice little relationship between the Cahill transfer and this. Cool to see for me :)

Didn't know where else to put this so I guess it fits here. Our assistant manager here for Red Bull New York, Robin Fraser, apparently has spent the last week here with Everton. He's our tactician so it appears that Bobby and co are viewed as great mentors from a tactical standpoint, and it also seems that we're forming a nice little relationship between the Cahill transfer and this. Cool to see for me :)

anything to do with scouting youngsters aswell, or purely tactics?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/everton-hired-a-group-of-dancers-to-dress-as-stewards-and-put-on-a-flash-mob-show-at-the-fulham-game/

Lol caught the tail end of this when I came back up from my half time pint and wondered what was going on

Heitinga and Jelavic were pissing themselves laughing at that, and were copying them at times too! :rofl:

Just found this video, was telling Josh about the game and googled it to get the team because he asked whether we put out a weakened team as it was non league opposition....no chance of that back then!

Anyway, I was there (in the away end) and the thing I loved on the day and still love looking at the vid is how all the Everton fans stayed on at the end to cheer the Woking team. Class act....players even waited for them to complete their lap of honour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUw32na4buY

Had three people come over to see why i am smiling at my PC. I have shown them both the players and fans videos and they are shocked that our team doesnt take themselves so seriously.

great to see peoples reactions to us.

Boss didnt look so impressed with me though.

Gutted my wife finished for mat leave 2 days before they came to visit, she's a senior staff nurse there. Wanted to her to get a picture with Roberto and the bump just so I can say in a few years "here you are just before being born with the greatest manager in the world"

On a side note the club always do a fantastic job at Christmas, wife isn't in to football but the lift they give the kids is tremendous. She said the notable ones who have been very good over the years are Cahill - just goes round like a man on a mission. Moyes! - very polite. Lescott, arteta. And whilst im at it.... pepe reina was a class act.

Gutted my wife finished for mat leave 2 days before they came to visit, she's a senior staff nurse there. Wanted to her to get a picture with Roberto and the bump just so I can say in a few years "here you are just before being born with the greatest manager in the world"

On a side note the club always do a fantastic job at Christmas, wife isn't in to football but the lift they give the kids is tremendous. She said the notable ones who have been very good over the years are Cahill - just goes round like a man on a mission. Moyes! - very polite. Lescott, arteta. And whilst im at it.... pepe reina was a class act.

Ossie looks a natural.....head popping up at about 1.36 is great.

Ossie looks a natural.....head popping up at about 1.36 is great.

He does look a character, I think the names mentioned have very characteristic traits.

So based on these descriptions guess who :- "big teethy smile and plastic looking hair"

"Huge bloke, was really good looking despite an injury to his head, had a beany on"

"Australian, really friendly and went off on his own"

"Really tall, red hair, very nice man"

"Bald, big bloke, scouse accent even though he doesn't look English"

It so happens when reina posed for a photo, one of the girls in front of him put her arms behind her back and accidentally cupped him... He laughed it off.

Blue Room on the OS has closed down again.....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/16/blueroom-closure?

I had a look on there before I found this great place, it did seem to be full of abuse to be honest. Had another couple of looks since and they were even abusing Hitzelsperger, which is pretty pathetic to a former player and seemingly very nice bloke.

Edit - apologies if anyone here was a member, I'm sure it was a minority that were abusive

Edit - apologies if anyone here was a member, I'm sure it was a minority that were abusive

We had a few join here when it closed down before (for pretty much the same reasons) and pretty soon got rid of the abusive ones while picking up a few strong ones (eg Matt).

I really don't see how it's so difficult to moderate a forum.....EFC actually interviewed people in person for the relaunch I understand and still picked a couple of numpties and half a dozen more who never went on there. Truly was an embarrassment on an otherwise top class (imo) official site.....maybe we'll get a few new faces on :)

Thought that was a possible Mark.....I'll give it a try if nobody has anything else confirmed :).

Hes on Twitter too, got 1 or 2 responses from him, depending on what you want to ask him...

Yeah it's a bit too involved for Twitter I think thanks Matt.

you can send a direct tweet, bit like a short email. Maybe give a short review of your Q and ask him for his email?

you can send a direct tweet, bit like a short email. Maybe give a short review of your Q and ask him for his email?

Thought you could only send them to people who follow you?

Yeah, what is going on!? Alan Myers is taking a break from 'communicating' (social media) because of these bellends.

What's been said? I heard they're critical of EitC but was there something specific?

One of the things I'm massively proud of, about our club is our community programs. They're fantastic. Absolutely brilliant.

Some people are never happy. It's fucking rosey at Goodison these days. Leave the hardworking people alone, you weapons.