IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Google V. Pereira Everton.

Fun fact 1

Joao pedro Pereira Silva is a portugese footballer, born 1990. He is also known as Joao Silva as we all know. (is this the player familular with V. Pereira mentioned above? If its not Mirallas)

Fun fact 2

There is another football player called Everton Antonio Pereira (sign?)

Fun fact 3

Lots of articles linking V. Pereira to Everton. Some very recent. Looks like it might be on. Fingers crossed.

him with Pip as assistant might work well....

that would be the perfect setup tbh, Vitor is a bit more the silent type preferring to concentrate on tactics and training rather than AVB and Jose who tend to like the limelight, so Nev could and im sure be more than happy to do all the talking.

Who came before is irrelevant and will hold very little bearing to how he himself is as a manager...

He's already stated he's a different personality to Jose and AVB and doesn't like the lime light and just concentrates on tactics and the team which is what you want to hear

I figured there might be some traits absorbed via osmosis. When you work as an assistant to someone you can't help absorbing a few attributes. Team and tactics sounds good.

It's all it is. Names just spread around, one favorite changing from one day to the next. We've been linked with just about every soccer name that ever played ever since Moyes declared his intention to vacate his position.

Klinsmann was also mentioned ? Great player, but it's not even a sensible candidate to take the vacancy. Same goes for Philip Neville or any other name currently at this club right now. Not even into that Portugese individual that has been recently linked. This will go on and on, but best thing to do right now is simply wait for the actual successor to be disclosed and take it from there. All just rumors and maybes at this moment in time. It's fun for some and adds a bit of intrigue and mystery, but just hoping for some kind of finalization on this now.

Argh I'm fed up of Dave Whelan bigging up Martinez as the new Messiah. There was another clip on TalkSPORT of him saying "Everton are a great club but Roberto is destined for one of the biggest jobs in the world".

WHYYYY?!?

Dave Whelan puts me off Martinez more than his defensive record!

Edited by MoyesForPM

Argh I'm fed up of Dave Whelan bigging up Martinez as the new Messiah. There was another clip on TalkSPORT of him saying "Everton are a great club but Roberto is destined for one of the biggest jobs in the world".

WHYYYY?!?

Dave Whelan puts me off Martinez more than his defensive record!

said he's one of the best if not the best manager in europe..then went on to say he's confident he'll stay at wigan..no offence dave but if he was one of the best in europe he wouldn't be at wigan

"Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup, Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay and former Chelsea head coach Roberto Di Matteo are also in the frame."

Like the sound of Laudrup and Di Matteo.

My 4 favourites of the 8 candidates are:

Laudrup

Pereira

Di Matteo

Klinsmann (not mentioned among the 8 candidates according to skysports)

Can accept Martinez

Dont want (now however all four could be great options further down the line)

Neville

Stubbs

Weir

Mackay

Emerson Thome (known as Paradao in Portugal) has backed Perreira, Thome is currently a scout for Everton. http://rr.sapo.pt/bolabranca_detalhe.aspx?fid=46&did=107615

???? why. I'm sure they had more applications than that, everybody outside the top seven would want the job.

If Sky are to be believed, that is the final short list. Of everyone available and interested in that position from across the World, that is the 8 the club are choosing to focus on.

said he's one of the best if not the best manager in europe..then went on to say he's confident he'll stay at wigan..no offence dave but if he was one of the best in europe he wouldn't be at wigan

I know, no offence Dave but your previous experience of managers ( Steve Bruce, Paul Jewell) hardly gives you the right to call him the best manager in Europe!