IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Kevin Ratcliffe's views:

https://soundcloud.com/toffeetalk/kevin-ratcliffe-2013-05-19

Taken from TalkSport

With Martinez he was 1st choice for Villa and Liverpoo last season, yes he's just been relegated but he hasn't just become a bad manager because of this. I'd like him when all is considered. I'd hope he'd keep many of the backroom staff and be able to build on solid foundations.

Avin...Without turning this into a Kenwright topic, and again I have no real issue with BK...just couple of things...he doesnt own the club, isnt it just 25% of shares he has? That leaves a vast majority elsewhere (Is it 51%you need before being classed as 'owner'? Not sure).

I dont think anyone can be too against BK's passion, but there is a point where it gets too theatrical and a bit cringey...like when you see a shit act on X-Factor...you get that same feeling. But, I guess thats his character...I suppose a lifetime in theatre can do that to you!!!

Anyway, last game today, wont be long until we find out who the new man is.

He is a major shareholder and co owner. We are fans. We've discussed the nitty gritty percentages on here for years, like every other forum, so the need for detail isn't always needed among us in that respect, but whatever way you look at it, he is a theatrical person, and with it, has a big personality.

I'd be surprised if Lennon wanted to leave Celtic unless it was a huge step up.

Just wondering though, who is it that is making the decision on the new manager? Presumably Bill Kenwright.

We've been told on here that Walter Smith recommended Moyes. If in fact Bill Kenwright knows shit all about the game as some have said, should we be entirely hopeful that he makes the right decision at all?

The easy option for him (God help us) is if he promotes from within. Next would be by Moyes' recommendation (maybe promoting from within) and the most difficult for Kenwright would be to choose one himself. For the latter does anyone on here have any confidence that he knows enough to make a considered choice?

This is not about being (or not being) a good businessman, purely about his credentials for making the right decision in a footballing sense.

What is the current feeling?

He probably knows more about football than we do.

He is a fan, just like us, and goes to the match (more than most on here) and has all the inside knowledge that we don't. He doesn't have to necessarily be in touch with all the tactical side of the game, as that is the managers job. I'm sure he has many friends in the footballing world who will be in regular contact, so finding a manager will no doubt be a case of much recommendation, and gut feeling.

I don't think Neville is fully licensed, but of all the candidates so far, he is actually the most experienced, and would probably be a great part of any team we may have.

Is Moyes taking Round etc with him?

I'd be surprised if Lennon wanted to leave Celtic unless it was a huge step up.

He probably knows more about football than we do.

He is a fan, just like us, and goes to the match (more than most on here) and has all the inside knowledge that we don't. He doesn't have to necessarily be in touch with all the tactical side of the game, as that is the managers job. I'm sure he has many friends in the footballing world who will be in regular contact, so finding a manager will no doubt be a case of much recommendation, and gut feeling.

I don't think Neville is fully licensed, but of all the candidates so far, he is actually the most experienced, and would probably be a great part of any team we may have.

Is Moyes taking Round etc with him?

Just Jimmy Lumsden so far i think.

nah it wasn't that Louis, i will try and find it, PVDH shut your fookin mouth with that talk!!

Edited by Simon

The Stubbs talk is just plain crazy imo. There are going to be changes across the board in football this summer ie: retirement of Fergie, sacking of Mancini, possible return of Jose at Chelski and other potential changes and retirements in the offing. Add that on to the refinancing of the TV money it makes for a very exciting season next year for clubs and fans. Surely we should be making the most of this. I know we brought in a rookie before in Moyes, but at that time we could do no worse, that's why it worked. We are in a different place now with a different standard of player and mentality, and we need the right man to go with it. IF the Stubbs thing is true then Kenwright is playing a very dangerous game imo, the BU will have Carlos the Jackal after him if he is not careful.

Edited by Simon

Seems innocent enough. You can't buy much into that.

Alan Stubbs as new manager ? You have trouble even saying it, and wouldn't want anyone from inside the club, it has to be an exterior figure, but you know, this could very well materialize of all things. He's even one of the leading candidates to take over this summer ? Will have to watch this situation closely, but sure hope it isn't him. Great individual and professional, but not the name to take over from Moyes.

^^ hear hear.

we need progression. we need to build on the good work moyes has done. hiring a newcomer or an unproven manager sends out all the wrong signals.

look at spurs.. they finished 5th for 2 consecutive seasons. they dont employ someone within, they go to AVB, who was a proven manager. okay he didnt do well at chelsea, but he had experience of winning, and progressing a team.

IMO. Alan Stubbs, Weir, Dunc is a bad move.

Martinez seems the best out of the shortlisted bookie odds TBH

^^ hear hear.

we need progression. we need to build on the good work moyes has done. hiring a newcomer or an unproven manager sends out all the wrong signals.

look at spurs.. they finished 5th for 2 consecutive seasons. they dont employ someone within, they go to AVB, who was a proven manager. okay he didnt do well at chelsea, but he had experience of winning, and progressing a team.

IMO. Alan Stubbs, Weir, Dunc is a bad move.

Martinez seems the best out of the shortlisted bookie odds TBH

On that reckoning Benitez is the best man. So ffs stoppit. shaking%20fist.png

I did say suggestions. Plus, they may well have heard something, they do work at the top level in the sport we're discussing, it's not as far fetched as you've just hinted at.

They're more likely to hear some rumours with 'weight', than the Internet warriors of our forum.

I did say suggestions. Plus, they may well have heard something, they do work at the top level in the sport we're discussing, it's not as far fetched as you've just hinted at.

They're more likely to hear some rumours with 'weight', than the Internet warriors of our forum.

Nah....Bill's a personal friend of mine, he'd be far more likely to talk to be than those twotongue.png.

He says "at this point I think it is only right to either change scenery or have some time off. If offers come in then I will evaluate them. If I have the right adrenaline and motivation then I'll do it, otherwise I'll stay at home."

Sounds like he wants to go to another country. Its a come get me plea and Everton should act. He has gone straight to the top of my wish list.

Love stubbs as an Evertonian, however as we all know, being an Evertonian doesn't make you the right man for the job - BK.

It may turn out that stubbs ends up a good manager, but the premier league is no place for a young manager to cut his teeth. What if we offer Wigan stubbs and the likes of Lundstrum, Garbutt, Mcaleny on loan for next season as compo for Martinez coming to us....

We are the sixth best team in the country at the moment, yet the current list of names in the betting for the job is just stomach churning imo

Roberto Martinez

Phil Neville

Neil Lennon

Alan Stubbs

Gus Poyet

Malky Mackay

I know we didn't qualify for Europe but our departing manager has just gone to one of the biggest clubs in world football, and at the moment all we can attract is 3 championship managers, 2 internals and a loose cannon from a pub league(SPL) Whilst none of us want the guy in charge, fact is, FSW is the type of manager we should be looking at. not these clowns above.

Edited by Simon

We are the sixth best team in the country at the moment, yet the current list of names in the betting for the job is just stomach churning imo

Roberto Martinez

Phil Neville

Neil Lennon

Alan Stubbs

Gus Poyet

Malky Mackay

I know we didn't qualify for Europe but our departing manager has just gone to one of the biggest clubs in world football, and at the moment all we can attract is 3 championship managers, 2 internals and a loose cannon from a pub league(SPL) Whilst none of us want the guy in charge, fact is, FSW is the type of manager we should be looking at. not these clowns above.

+1

I think I would pass out with excitement if either of those two came in. Two ex players who IMO carry more reputational weight than anyone else currently managing in the league from a 'legend' perspective. The types of players they could attract is another level.

Can someone copy and pate the odds? Can't access the link.