IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Are fans now starting to smell the coffee ?

Been smelling the same instant coffee for too long now. We haven't got any to smell at present but we now have the opportunity to go out and buy a de longhi coffee machine.

Exciting times, don't mistake the air of mystery with impending doom.

I wouldnt be happy with anyone from within got the job. Nothing against them, great pro's and am sure they do ok with the kids and reserves.

However, learning your trade in the firing line with a top 6 team is not a safe option for anyone. How many top managers start at the very top? You got to start low and prove yourself.

It would be barmy to give Round, Stubbs, Weir or Ferguson the job on the basis they know the club, players and transfer targets. Slight bit of arrogance there from Moyes. And if thats the advice he will give the board, I hope they dont ask.

If we are looking to move on to the next step as a club, maybe we should possibly looking at the Bundesliga for a candidate. Reason being that the German style seems to be the latest phase in the modern game, many of the German teams/managers are used to working with small budgets, so promote and develop youth players. Their style tends to be attacking but hard working which would fit in with the ethos instilled into the players under Moyes.

Yeh very good point. I think Ten and Steve_E (apologies if it is someone else!)have put up a few interesting German coaches given how they play and they way they have managed to do well with teams on small budgets. I think Thomas Tuchel was the main name if I remember correctly?

I think it's a non story. Of course he would recommend all the lads he gave jobs to.

And this little speech from Bill is just embarrassing. I know I'm not his biggest fan, and all the emotions and all that, but the whole I won't let you down David, we'll carry on the good work you started. He's off to United, what's this shit about letting him down? And giving him an award on his way out the door? Now I appreciate everything Moyes has done, but this all looks very small time. Calling him the greatest manager in the world in front of the cameras, looks great to the new manager coming in. I could just imagine him telling the new guy "that's not how David did it". The whole thing looks like he's bigger than the club, and completely optimises the whole little plucky Everton.

Moyes words were good though, but then he isn't the one I feel embarrassed about when he steps in front of the cameras. Also, his daughter is well tidy!

I can see this summer being Kenwright vs Whelan for tv space on sky sports news.

Bill will probably commission 'David Moyes the Musical - Eleven Magical Years'.

Come on Bill, like Steve said it sends the wrong message to a new incoming manager. Everton FC is far bigger than Moyes so stop the sugary over-sentimentality and act like a business man who runs a club with a massive history, not a guest on 'This Is Your Life..David Moyes'.

I think Thomas Tuchel was the main name if I remember correctly?

He was. And you just need to read up on his planning and training, to see that he could be part of the new wave managers of the future.

The sport is adapting all the time, Tuchel is one person who's leading it. I'd give him a chance here, most definitely.

Totally different ball game now literally....

Many of the lower league clubs us the from within routine when a manager is potted and it hardly ever works out and in my opinion it certainly wouldn't in our case also.

As I've said before if that does happen or they appoint a second rate manager like Lennon and co its going to be purely for the boards financial benifit and will show a massive lack of ambition.

The bottom line is we are a good prospect for many good managers yes funds could be a stumbling block for some but with extra money possibly being available this summer and the possibility of being able to stamp your mark on a side and potentially have years to do so on a decent wedge should attract some good candidates.

Freedman Hughes Lennon Redknapp O'Neil and the likes can all jog on for me....

Paisley, Fagan & Dalglish did OKsmile.png.

Sadly when we copied them and promoted from within we got Colin Harvey, who did a bit less OKunsure.png.

Thanks for that. Kinda proved me right. How many top managers over time and in the modern era has there been? And only a minute handfull can say they got it straight away.

Too many lads taking too much notice of the press.

They don't know squat, and nor do the bookies. The only time we'll find out is after the board have made a decision and decided to make that decision public.

As for Kenwright, there's nothing wrong with him being a little over dramatic. That's just the way he is. He's a passionate man, and a few of you seem to underestimate him regarding his business sense. You don't achieve what Kenwright has by being naive.

I don't think people are reading to much into anything as much as the press do talk fictitious nonsense at times they will know more then You or I...for the most part.

There is no shame in sentiment and emotion but leave it behind closed doors or a un televised interview not air it to the public where you make yourself look desperately weak.

I would much rather He said thank you and good luck but we will move on and try and take the club forward and we will do all we can to ensure that happens. A man in Kenwright's position should be instilling faith and positivity to the fans not coming across as an emotional melt that's why I'd deem him to be naive in such matters.

Too many lads taking too much notice of the press.

They don't know squat, and nor do the bookies. The only time we'll find out is after the board have made a decision and decided to make that decision public.

As for Kenwright, there's nothing wrong with him being a little over dramatic. That's just the way he is. He's a passionate man, and a few of you seem to underestimate him regarding his business sense. You don't achieve what Kenwright has by being naive.

The first part i agree with, but the Kenwirght thing? just no.

It's great that he's passionate about the club and a massive fan and all this, but when he is in front of the camera's, he's got to have his business head on. As someone said before, how does that help the new manager? the fact that he is still rimming Moyes? Thank him for all his great work and thats it. As for underestimating him in a business sense, what are these great achievements you mention? Commercially we are lightyears behind most PL teams.

I cant see why people have got a problem with BK coming across as emotional and I don't understand how that would be in anyway detrimental towards a new manager.

Do you think the likes of Martinez or whoever is sitting there watching BK on Sky sports and saying wow that fella was incredibly loyal to his manager and cares deeply about his club, I would much rather work for the likes of Blackburn where the Chairman is clueless about football has no emotional ties to the club and would most likely sack me if we lost 3 on the trot, I better swerve Everton?

It's great that he's passionate about the club and a massive fan and all this, but when he is in front of the camera's, he's got to have his business head on. As someone said before, how does that help the new manager? the fact that he is still rimming Moyes? Thank him for all his great work and thats it. As for underestimating him in a business sense, what are these great achievements you mention? Commercially we are lightyears behind most PL teams.

Are we though?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/18/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

You're not thinking logically mate.

Kenwright deals with the public eye for a living. To suggest he doesn't know how to handle the press is just silly. When you look at Kenwright as a business man, you don't compare him to Manchester United's wealth etc, but look at his own personal achievements as a business man. He owns one of the biggest theater companies there is, and also owns Everton FC. You don't get that far without being a business man, and very astute.

We were light years behind other teams long before Kenwright took over.

Regardless of his "theorized" astute business sense He has thus far in front of the camera's handled this situation like a school kid who's child hood crush has done one and its getting embarrassing how much emphasis and lime light he's putting on the situation and himself.

Edited as I was in an arsey mood.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Pointless getting into all this as some people's opinion is deemed an unchangeable fact....

Regardless of his "theorized" astute business sense He has thus far in front of the camera's handled this situation like a school kid who's child hood crush has done one and its getting embarrassing how much emphasis and lime light he's putting on the situation and himself.

....and then you dorofl.gif . Love it!

On the Kenwright thing...He is a sound man, it is good to have that passion, and yes he is clearly a good businessman.

BUT...to stand on stage and say to all that he 'promises David we'll carry on his great work' etc is to much...what he should say is 'thanks David for the effort you put in, we all wish you luck, and I promise the fans that we will do everything within our power to ensure we stay a top 6 team'...still passionate, but less theatrical.