IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

I think I would pass out with excitement if either of those two came in. Two ex players who IMO carry more reputational weight than anyone else currently managing in the league from a 'legend' perspective. The types of players they could attract is another level.

Can someone copy and pate the odds? Can't access the link.

You can get 12/1 for Klinsman and 10/1 for Laudrup in a couple of places, and Laudrups odds seem to be shortening.

You can get 12/1 for Klinsman and 10/1 for Laudrup in a couple of places, and Laudrups odds seem to be shortening.

Apparently Laudrups agent was at Stamford Bridge yesterday as a guest of a Chelsea director. Can't see anyone other than Mourinho going to Chelsea though, maybe his agent was really watching Everton :)

Betting odds with Various Bookies

Roberto Martinez 13/8 15/8 2 2 9/4 9/4 6/4 6/4 6/4 6/4 13/7 107/50 91/50

Philip Neville 11/2 4 5 4 5 7/2 6 5 5 4 43/10 152/25 447/100

Alan Stubbs 6 7 15/2 6 7 6 7 7/2 5 6 22/5 399/50 551/100

Neil Lennon 13/2 6 4 7 6 7 8 7 8 13/2 26/5 38/5 133/25

Gus Poyet 14 18 14 16 10 12 12 7 14 9 9 19 76/5

Malky Mackay 16 20 16 16 20 14 20 10 20 16 29/2 21 157/10

David Weir 16 22 9/2 12 16 12 22 14 12 12 29/2 21 76/5

Dougie Freedman 16 22 14 16 20 20 22 10 14 14 35/2 39 19

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 25 12 16 20 20 11 10 16 20 12 28/5 19 23

Michael Laudrup 14 14 14 20 20 10 33 20 18 10 15 33 157/10

Vitor Pereira 16 33 33 25 33 18 33

Edited by Bill

Betting odds with Various Bookies

Roberto Martinez 13/8 15/8 2 2 9/4 9/4 6/4 6/4 6/4 6/4 13/7 107/50 91/50

Philip Neville 11/2 4 5 4 5 7/2 6 5 5 4 43/10 152/25 447/100

Alan Stubbs 6 7 15/2 6 7 6 7 7/2 5 6 22/5 399/50 551/100

Neil Lennon 13/2 6 4 7 6 7 8 7 8 13/2 26/5 38/5 133/25

Gus Poyet 14 18 14 16 10 12 12 7 14 9 9 19 76/5

Malky Mackay 16 20 16 16 20 14 20 10 20 16 29/2 21 157/10

David Weir 16 22 9/2 12 16 12 22 14 12 12 29/2 21 76/5

Dougie Freedman 16 22 14 16 20 20 22 10 14 14 35/2 39 19

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 25 12 16 20 20 11 10 16 20 12 28/5 19 23

Michael Laudrup 14 14 14 20 20 10 33 20 18 10 15 33 157/10

Vitor Pereira 16 33 33 25 33 18 33

looks very similar to whats on here Bill:

:P

Edited by Matt

I think I would pass out with excitement if either of those two came in. Two ex players who IMO carry more reputational weight than anyone else currently managing in the league from a 'legend' perspective. The types of players they could attract is another level.

Can someone copy and paste the odds? Can't access the link.

Yeah Matt i was doing a favour for Haf.

Moyes has headed off to Utd's training ground today...straight in there.

I keep harping on about Martinez, but Laudrup would do...just think theres not a lot of chance with that one.

Laudrup would be great, Solskjaer is what i got told the other day, i notice there is some movement in the markets on him today as well.

£70k a week x 6 weeks = £420k, cor blimey have united paid us that money? I bloody well hope so, or is this another case of being good old subservient Everton, making sure we keep our Mancunian brothers happy. Maybe Moyes has taken Baines with him to show him around...

Ole Gunnnar is an interesting candidate, done well at Molde.

Woop de doo. Molde is nowhere near the standard of Everton. Whilst he's not a bad candidate I don't think he should be put ahead of Pereira & Martinez because he can do well in a poor league.

Wop de doo? You can only do well with what is put in front of you, he's won back to back league titles with a club that hadn't won the league before he managed them - in fact they had only narrowly avoided relegation not long before he arrived. Just in case you haven't researched into his credentials, here's a few interesting facts:-

• as a 10 year old he was always interested in coaching, even taking a leading role with kids his own age
  • he actually made notes as a player under SAF regarding his coaching, man management, team talks, discipline etc
  • He tracked and diarised the training sessions he particpated in
  • He even wrote as to how he felt and performed after getting severe dressing downs from Roy Keane - did it motivate or destroy and what it did to other personality types
  • He eventually ended up with a working dossier on how Man United was run under SAF and used it as a template for himself to build on
  • He is tactically very astute, mixes 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 to great effect
  • He learned his in-game management (tactical analysis) by sitting behind SAF, listening to what he was saying - identifying what he was seeing and seeing how he reacted. He had a birds eye view of one of the best tacticians in the business

Aberdeen was no where near the standard of Man United but Ferguson came from there.

Personally I think Ole Gunnar would be an interesting and safe bet. A canny intelligent player, who seems to have adopted a strong work ethic.

Wop de doo? You can only do well with what is put in front of you, he's won back to back league titles with a club that hadn't won the league before he managed them - in fact they had only narrowly avoided relegation not long before he arrived. Just in case you haven't researched into his credentials, here's a few interesting facts:-

• as a 10 year old he was always interested in coaching, even taking a leading role with kids his own age
  • he actually made notes as a player under SAF regarding his coaching, man management, team talks, discipline etc
  • He even wrote as to how he felt and performed after getting severe dressing downs from Roy Keane - did it motivate or destroy and what it did to other personality types
  • He eventually ended up with a working dossier on how Man United was run under SAF and used it as a template for himself to build on
  • He learned his in-game management (tactical analysis) by sitting behind SAF, listening to what he was saying - identifying what he was seeing and seeing how he reacted. He had a birds eye view of one of the best tacticians in the business

Aberdeen was no where near the standard of Man United but Ferguson came from there.

Personally I think Ole Gunnar would be an interesting and safe bet. A canny intelligent player, who seems to have adopted a strong work ethic.

OK, let's get him in for a chat smile.png

OK, let's get him in for a chat smile.png

Interview by toffeetalk... novel. I like it though.

"So Ole Gunnar... you are 1-0 up in the semi final of the FA Cup against your bitter rivals, they are on the ropes and seemingly unable to deal with your attacks... at half time do you A) Tell them to go out and get a second and finish them off or B) tell the players to hold on and try and not concede?"

"You have a 6ft 5inch Belgian who is con dsidered one of the best defensive midfielders in the league - where do you play him A) up front and instruct your defenders to launch it to him B) In front of the back 4 where he can break up play, set the tempo, be an option to other players and get on the end of moves?"

I'm Norwegian, and I can't believe you're talking about Ole Gunnar Solskjær as the new manager. Take a look at the current Norwegian Premier table and Molde's recent matches. Fine, he's won the two last Premiers, but he's far off any standard we should want to have at Everton.

Edit: Take a look at what Egil Olsen did to Wimbledon, at Berg at Blackburn and at what happened to Wolverhampton this year with Solbakken at the helm. Norwegian managers in the Premiership, and more importantly at Everton? No, thanks wink.png

Edited by Inca85

I'm Norwegian, and I can't believe you're talking about Ole Gunnar Solskjær as the new manager. Take a look at the current Norwegian Premier table and Molde's recent matches. Fine, he's won the two last Premiers, but he's far off any standard we should want to have at Everton.

Edit: Take a look at what Egil Olsen did to Wimbledon, at Berg at Blackburn and at what happened to Wolverhampton this year with Solbakken at the helm. Norwegian managers in the Premiership, and more importantly at Everton? No, thanks wink.png

Is that inverse patriotismrofl.gif ?

Is that inverse patriotismrofl.gif ?

Hehe.. something along those lines. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, y'know, and you have to be warned ;) Everton above the country.

The Norwegian Premier cannot be compared to the Premier League in any way but country's top tier. I'd go with a British or German manager :)

David Moyes is the only manager I've ever really known at Everton Football Club. He has been in charge of the club since I was 8 and before then I only knew of names such as 'Kendall', 'Royle' and Smith but was more interested in my Lego than taking note of what they were doing for our club.

Moyes will always have a big impact on my life, I watched him manage our team every other week for five years and it was emotional seeing him go. The point is though is that he's gone and he was always going to, Everton Football Club will move on whatever he does and that is what we all need to remember - nobody is bigger than the club they are at. Just look at Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, he's been there 26 years and next season they will move on and continue to be one of the best clubs in England.

We are Everton, not David Moyes FC. I thank him for everything he has done and wish him all the best, but for me I'm done googling his name and wondering what he's up to because he's no longer a part of the club I love.

Next!

Very interesting information. Havent seen anything of Molde though so no idea how his teams really play.