IGNORED

Should Jagielka Be Our Captain Next Season

And if not who?

Mods/admins, I've posted a new captain thead before and there's also a Jagielka thread. If you think this is too similar then by all means launch this one but if not....

Imo, Jagielka as much as I think he's a good defender is NOT captain material, he's too quiet, he is never in the thick of things when it's going off, he doesn't seem at all vocal on the pitch either.

To me, you want someone tenacious, someone who is prepared to shout his lungs out at another player, an organiser an in your face type player.

Personally I would drop him from the captaincy this time round explain you wanted him to concentrate on playing and whilst appreciating at 33 he has a wealth of experience I wanted a captain that was going to be the future of this club.

After I done that I would call James McCarthy in and tell him he was the new captain and explain exactly why and what I wanted from him.

Yong, ensrgetic, hungry, massive desire to succeed , tenacious, not afraid to have it with someone.

The lads a born leader.

good thought here pad. i've never really liked jags as captain. mccarthy is a good shout, and to be honest i'm not really sure who else i'd put in there. i don't want barry on the pitch, but he would be a good captain and does get after the refs, so if RM continues to play him despite his form, i'd be okay with him as captain. i don't want that, but could understand it.

And if not who?

Mods/admins, I've posted a new captain thead before and there's also a Jagielka thread. If you think this is too similar then by all means launch this one but if not....

Imo, Jagielka as much as I think he's a good defender is NOT captain material, he's too quiet, he is never in the thick of things when it's going off, he doesn't seem at all vocal on the pitch either.

To me, you want someone tenacious, someone who is prepared to shout his lungs out at another player, an organiser an in your face type player.

Personally I would drop him from the captaincy this time round explain you wanted him to concentrate on playing and whilst appreciating at 33 he has a wealth of experience I wanted a captain that was going to be the future of this club.

After I done that I would call James McCarthy in and tell him he was the new captain and explain exactly why and what I wanted from him.

Yong, ensrgetic, hungry, massive desire to succeed , tenacious, not afraid to have it with someone.

The lads a born leader.

Bold - wipe your nose

The next captain should be either Barkley or Stones. Simple as that.

At present if Jags is to lose the captaincy it HAS to be Baines. You lead by example. McCarthy has not earned the right to lead Baines. The end.

Bold - wipe your nose

The next captain should be either Barkley or Stones. Simple as that.

At present if Jags is to lose the captaincy it HAS to be Baines. You lead by example. McCarthy has not earned the right to lead Baines. The end.

Sorry, I'll PM you next time I need you to tell me what to do. Until then, keep practicing that back peddle trick you're trying hard to perfect.

Anyone but jags for me. He has got no charisma at all. Comes across with the authority of a substitute school teacher.

Apparently a big influence in the dressing room though. I look at the current squad and nobody sticks out as a proper captain.

I didn't think so at the start of the season, but now I'm sure that Jagielka should remain as captain for as long as he's a regular starter on the team. He's led by example on several occasions. Acting like a bully to the ref is not part of the job description. Leading the team, encouraging the team, both on the field and behind the scenes, is what matters. Who can forget how Jagielka rushed up when Oviedo suffered that terrible leg break?

I didn't think so at the start of the season, but now I'm sure that Jagielka should remain as captain for as long as he's a regular starter on the team. He's led by example on several occasions. Acting like a bully to the ref is not part of the job description. Leading the team, encouraging the team, both on the field and behind the scenes, is what matters. Who can forget how Jagielka rushed up when Oviedo suffered that terrible leg break?

Hes no where to be seen whenever there is a scuffle on the pitch. Tim Howard or naismith are probs the most vocal but neither should be starters.

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2015/04/02/baines-hails-captain-courageous

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/phil-jagielka-best-skipper-premier-8974067

As Cornish says Jags leads by example, you don't have to be in the Refs face all the time to be a leader. The players look upto him and he never stops talking on the pitch, he is the one who is constantly organising the back four and so I would leave him as captain

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Guest rusty747

There are different ways of leading. Bobby Moore wasn't very vocal but he didn't do a bad job for England did he!

Jags is the best man we have for the job at the moment.

In a couple of seasons that might change but he is good for another 2 seasons at least for me.

I think he's too quiet all over the pitch prrsonally. I'm not saying he should be screaming in the refs face constantly but he doesn't get involved anywhere near enough for me.

The penalty debacle with Mirallas was an example of this.

If we are basing it on penalty debacles Naismith should be captain the only one with a set of balls

If you strip a player of the captaincy it would be really humiliating for him, and if you are happy to humiliate a player like that it could really leave a bad impression on your other players.

If you've got a player ready to take on the responsibility then make him captain when Jags is out of the team.

I think in the near future John Stones will be captain, but I hope Ross Barkley becomes a contender too. I'm sure we would all like a local lad coming through to lead the team out.

If being belligerent or a bully is the mark of a captain, all I can say is that we have a rather warped view of captaincy.

More like a protective force that steps up to bullying, ours can't even muster a comment to his own players. We have the biggest shithouse captain in the league.

If being belligerent or a bully is the mark of a captain, all I can say is that we have a rather warped view of captaincy.

It's not being a bully it's called having passion and also having that wanting to win personality and drive. Something all successful teams have.

Unitedhad Keane, Arsenal Adams, Chelsea Terry. City actually lack one.

Some people are just born to lead. You don't have to like them, most don't but they are all winners.

I'm not interested in being nicey nicey and the moral high ground I want to win football matches and trophies.

It's not being a bully it's called having passion and also having that wanting to win personality and drive. Something all successful teams have.

Unitedhad Keane, Arsenal Adams, Chelsea Terry. City actually lack one.

Some people are just born to lead. You don't have to like them, most don't but they are all winners.

I'm not interested in being nicey nicey and the moral high ground I want to win football matches and trophies.

I agree. You need at least one "nasty" player, for a lack of better words. I can see Besic being that guy if he reaches his potential.

What happens if Dzeko gets another yellow card a few minutes later? Everyone would be asking why he have to run in and be so aggressive.to receive the first

He got the other player booked as well. As captain he done his job, I don't agree with everyone else getting involved though.