IGNORED

John Stones

cahills comments are a disgrace!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170542/John-Stones-join-Chelsea-s-big-opportunity-turn-insists-one-time-Bolton-defender-Gary-Cahill.html

I've had enough of this now. Report them because this is just wrong, they bid and we rejected it. Nolw they have players insinuating we are a small club.

disgusting behaviour.

I'm going to be a MASSIVE cynic now...but does anyone get the impression that our Transfer Window, whatever happens with players coming in (if no more do especially), our 'business' approach, will be lauded for keeping Stones beyond the Window?

Say we don't get ANYONE of note in (which were promised before the season ended) and we get to keep John for the season, do you get the impression that the lack of dealings will be papered over, due to the fact we kept him?

I can see the headlines. RM: "The best business we could have ever wished for the window, was keeping John at Everton." BK: "We proved we're no push overs, we just kept hold of a promising player" etc?

Massive cynic but i've seen it before.

I am desperate to see some new faces. Decent players coming into the club. I think we've missed most of our targets.

cahills comments are a disgrace!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170542/John-Stones-join-Chelsea-s-big-opportunity-turn-insists-one-time-Bolton-defender-Gary-Cahill.html

I've had enough of this now. Report them because this is just wrong, they bid and we rejected it. Nolw they have players insinuating we are a small club.

disgusting behaviour.

Signs of a desperate club, out to unsettle the player.

The worst bits are the quotes where he describes John as being one of their players already and stating he could learn from Terry etc. Only thing he'll "learn" from Terry is how to be a complete C*nt.

'From what I have seen when I have been away with him for England, he is a genuinely nice guy, a down-to-earth lad.

'There is nothing big-time about him. I'm sure he will be able to cope with the fee. - As if it's happened already

'Plus, with the right support around him, like from the more experienced players in the squad, and his family, I'm sure he'll be fine. - He'll get support from our squad. F*ck off.

‘Personality wise he would fit into the group straight away. Potentially, he can be a top player, not just for us but also for England. - Laugh my clit off if he joined City next year.

'I think England will benefit too because he will get more experience playing in the Premier League and also the Champions League. I'm sure he will become a bigger and better player for that.'

Edited by tenaciousj

I'm going to be a MASSIVE cynic now...but does anyone get the impression that our Transfer Window, whatever happens with players coming in (if no more do especially), our 'business' approach, will be lauded for keeping Stones beyond the Window?

Say we don't get ANYONE of note in (which were promised before the season ended) and we get to keep John for the season, do you get the impression that the lack of dealings will be papered over, due to the fact we kept him?

I can see the headlines. RM: "The best business we could have ever wished for the window, was keeping John at Everton." BK: "We proved we're no push overs, we just kept hold of a promising player" etc?

Massive cynic but i've seen it before.

I am desperate to see some new faces. Decent players coming into the club. I think we've missed most of our targets.

Nail on the head. Our board are always quick to turn things like this to look like heros.

Spot on mate.

If Stones does get his head turned and wants to leave I want us to actively sell him to Man City and refuse to deal with Chelsea after their behaviour. Refuse any bids from Chelsea and sell him to Man City.

We can't make him go to another club if he doesn't want to go.

First Kenwright comes out saying he's "the best centre back in the country", now Cahill chirps in, Its all just a big game of cat and mouse, Kenwright is just publicly inflating the price and Chelsea are just being Chelsea - lacking in class.

This deal will be done soon, it's so obvious it's depressing.

First Kenwright comes out saying he's "the best centre back in the country", now Cahill chirps in, Its all just a big game of cat and mouse, Kenwright is just publicly inflating the price and Chelsea are just being Chelsea - lacking in class.

This deal will be done soon, it's so obvious it's depressing.

Kenwrights comments are from last week mate before all this kicked off

Ah right, didn't notice that. You could argue that whether he said it today or last week is irrelevant. Martinez said something along the lines of "Chelsea lacked respect" and they shouldn't have leaked news of the bid. Kenwright said "he'll cost you a lot" of money "he's one of our core squad members". Sounds like Martinez is gutted that Chelsea have this one in their jaws and Kenwright sounds like he's trying to get the best deal, resigned to fact that he's a goner.

Or maybe I'm just being cynical!!

Couple mates who are chelsea fans with that attitude...pisses me off cos they're both a lot older than me so should remember the days when chelsea were nobodies

Same. Family friend is a Chelsea fan, had ABSOLUTELY no idea what football was pre-2005, didn't like football until an adopted sibling told him he should follow Chelsea. He now talks at me all things Chelsea and every single conversation turns into how brilliant Chelsea are. How incredible Mourinho is. How fantastic their support are. How powerful they'll be with the new deal. How awesome Hazard is (he is like)....He'll talk about Stones as a fore gone conclusion. That, I hate.

Let the lad develop his game. Leave him be....THEN let him decide. The whole unsettling thing is snide. Their fans are bitching that we're moaning...well yeah. Why wouldn't we? Tapping up our players, publically muddying relations, how can you expect us not to be narked?

If Stones joins, all i'll hear is "Made the right choice", "He'll do better at Chelsea than at Everton", "Chelski are amazing blah blah blah".

I now hate the stupid gangster, oil run, cock gobblers. New supporters. New History. New level of c*ntishness.

The more I think about it the more we have to keep hold of him regardless of bids. Like somebody posted previously Lovren £20 mill, mangala £32,vermalen £16? Then you look at Luke shaw.another two seasons playing regularly will then be getting barca,Madrid looking at him for £50 mill. I genuinely don't think the lad will rock the boat gut the fa need to do something about cahills comments

Whatever Chelsea think - their reputation in the game ain't that great,

According to who?

I'm not local to merseyside so an Evertonian round my way is a rarety (there are a few). Most people support Villa, WBA or Wolves due to locality and then Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and the Shite - I'd say the majority of the kids are turning to Chelsea, you'll see Chelsea shirts/caps etc. everywhere. Chelsea are a growing worldwide brand - much bigger than ours.

According to who?

I'm not local to merseyside so an Evertonian round my way is a rarety (there are a few). Most people support Villa, WBA or Wolves due to locality and then Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and the Shite - I'd say the majority of the kids are turning to Chelsea, you'll see Chelsea shirts/caps etc. everywhere. Chelsea are a growing worldwide brand - much bigger than ours.

Popularity and reputation are two different things.

Popularity and reputation are two different things.

I'd say we have a reputation for developing good young players and contesting towards the top of the league bar the top 4 - we're very likeable. Chelsea have a reputation for spending big and winning things as a result - not as likeable maybe but a hell of a lot more successful in the modern game.

I am frustrated that Stones signed a 5 year deal worth 33 grand a week.

Looking at Chelsea's payroll they pay Cahill 112 grand a week. Terry gets 80 odd... Everton will do the deal once Stones asked to leave to save paying him his contract and I expect this to happen... 3-4x's his current salary is tough to pass up especially since there appears to be certainty at his position after the upcoming season providing Terry stays in form... could be sooner if Terry struggles early... careers are short...

If I'm Martinez I'd be looking for his replacement... and while we are at it sell Chelsea Baines also for 25-30 mil... we will survive without them... We will finish 8-15 but good enough... Our infrastructure does not allow us to compete...

Until we can compete with payroll this scenario will continue time and time again... Would the next Billionaire please stand up and take this club to where it should have gone long ago!!!