IGNORED

Enner Valencia

I hate being linked to players during or shortly after a WC/Euros. Go on league form rather than a handful of games, even if the league is Serie B (as an example)

Okay. But based on league form, wouldn't you be super excited about someone who just scored 23 goals in the 27 appearances he made for his clubs this season? Factor in him not dropping off at all when switching leagues mid season. Then he does it at the World Cup. That's pretty exciting.

Okay. But based on league form, wouldn't you be super excited about someone who just scored 23 goals in the 27 appearances he made for his clubs this season? Factor in him not dropping off at all when switching leagues mid season. Then he does it at the World Cup. That's pretty exciting.

in the Mexican league?

Don't want to be disrespectful, but it's hardly the most world renowned league. That said, he could transfer it but after an impressive showing in this competition, it will simply inflate his price for a player not proven in Europe.

Guest Nikica

in the Mexican league?

Don't want to be disrespectful, but it's hardly the most world renowned league. That said, he could transfer it but after an impressive showing in this competition, it will simply inflate his price for a player not proven in Europe.

Sometimes you have to take a risk though - he deserves his opportunity regardless of what league he's playing in. For example, the boy up front for Mexico - Peralta - doesn't play in Europe but he looks pretty impressive. Tournaments can be misleading though, I grant you.

Edited by Nikica

in the Mexican league?

the mexican league is about equivalent to MLS. most of the mexican side plays there and they do well internationally and with the mexican side.

i think we could get him rather cheap since he does play for a mexican side instead of dutch/belgian/other overrated lower euro league.

Sometimes you have to take a risk though - he deserves his opportunity regardless of what league he's playing in. For example, the boy up front for Mexico - Peralta - doesn't play in Europe but he looks pretty impressive. Tournaments can be misleading though, I grant you.

Peralta has a great 2013 but looked shaky in the 2nd half of the mexican league season (their league is broken into two halves, two champions per year, semi-complicated/dumb imo) but has looked pretty good thus far.

Guest Nikica

Peralta has a great 2013 but looked shaky in the 2nd half of the mexican league season (their league is broken into two halves, two champions per year, semi-complicated/dumb imo) but has looked pretty good thus far.

Fair enough mate, obviously you follow it properly and I don't, so you have more authority on him. But I do like the look of him and heard good things about him prior to the tournament.

Fair enough mate, obviously you follow it properly and I don't, so you have more authority on him. But I do like the look of him and heard good things about him prior to the tournament.

I rely more on my friends who watch the league religiously than I do but it was pretty unanimous amongst them that they were not happy with his play leading up to the world cup. The year prior to it, absolutely and it led to Chicharito (and his lack of playing time) getting dropped as the starter of the Mexican team.

• 2 weeks later...