5 hours ago, Bill said:

Ha Ha, buyout clause €100, i don't think we will be interested.

Just because a buyout is a certain amount doesn’t mean that a player can’t be sold for less if the selling club sees fit. High buyout clauses are standard practice in Spanish football.

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m sure Barca are made up and rubbing their hands. They were looking at getting rid but the price has gone through roof 

I doubt they'd be selling the lad if not for only being allowed 3 non EU players or something along those lines 

The lads quality a top side pick him up no doubt 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Just because a buyout is a certain amount doesn’t mean that a player can’t be sold for less if the selling club sees fit. High buyout clauses are standard practice in Spanish football.

Agreeing a lot with you today, this is spot on.  He looked good at the WC.

Apparently we’ve offered €24 million for him. 

I didn’t really want us to sign anyone based off World Cup performances but he is an absolute weapon in both boxes. Gylfi + Yerry surely = Goals 

Yes yes yes. Him and Sanchez have looked awesome this WC. I didnt like Columbia's approach one bit on Tuesday but let's face it, no one minds a CB who can mix it a bit. 

I refuse to not get excited about him :)

I think he is not technically gifted, he is not going to be a modern ball-playing defender but will be more like a traditional central defender and a set piece threat, it'll be enough. He'll be good if this transfer happens.

Barcelona defender Yerry Mina does not have a deal in place with Everton, according to his agent.

Everton are reportedly close to agreeing a £21million (€24m) deal for the Colombia international, who made just seven appearances after moving to Camp Nou in January.

However, Mina's representative denied such suggestions, stating no decision will be made over the centre-back's future until Barca have clarified their position.

"It's not true that Yerry has signed for Everton," Jair Mina told Mundo Deportivo.

"A lot of teams are interested in Yerry, but first we want to know what the club's intentions are with him. When we know, we will decide.

"His priority is to play, so if he cannot do that at Barca, he will do it for another team. But first we want to know the club's plans with him."

Fuck sake don't get my hopes up 

This is the type of singing we should be making the lads a world beater in my eyes and a steal for his age and quality (if) the rumours are true 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Has anyone seen this lad when he hasnt been wearing a Colombia shirt? 

Watched 1 or 2 of the very few games he has played at Barca.  Defensively he did not impress enough to take spots away from Pique or Umtiti who are both great CBs.  Offensively he does always seem like a threat in the box.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that vid he looks like a big old school defender, not super fast, looks nice on set pieces.

Why do all YouTube scouting videos have shit music?

not that impressed with that compilation to be honest, but I rarely put any faith in them at the same time

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that vid he looks like a big old school defender, not super fast, looks nice on set pieces.

Cheers Mark will have a look!

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why do all YouTube scouting videos have shit music?

not that impressed with that compilation to be honest, but I rarely put any faith in them at the same time

Agreed on all fronts. Which makes me think he's actually a good player. Youtube isn'tt kind to defenders who simply do their job. 

11 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Agreed on all fronts. Which makes me think he's actually a good player. Youtube isn'ttt kind to defenders who simply do their job. 

I didn’t think that video showed anything special to be honest 

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Watched 1 or 2 of the very few games he has played at Barca.  Defensively he did not impress enough to take spots away from Pique or Umtiti who are both great CBs.  Offensively he does always seem like a threat in the box.

To be fair, if he was good enough to take the places of either of them 2...he wouldn't even be getting mentioned on here!!!

Think you must be a very very close friend, you seem to think the sun shines out of his arse.

Be very fortunate if he even makes the Squad this season.

The lad will leave Barca he's surplus as it is and they need to shed another non EU players and he looks likely, whether it'll be here is another thing though 

10 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

The lad will leave Barca he's surplus as it is and they need to shed another non EU players and he looks likely, whether it'll be here is another thing though 

they already have with Paulinho, if they wanted another non EU player then you would be right but as of now they have 3 - Mina, Coutinho and Arthur

40 minutes ago, aaron said:

they already have with Paulinho, if they wanted another non EU player then you would be right but as of now they have 3 - Mina, Coutinho and Arthur

Mark beat me to it with regards to being surplus the non EU ruling probably won't count having a read up it looks like they'll loan/sell Marlon and Rafinha and Countinho is eligible for an EU passport in the next six months also 

If he leaves it'll be because he's not being used often enough 

22 hours ago, Bill said:

Think you must be a very very close friend, you seem to think the sun shines out of his arse.

Be very fortunate if he even makes the Squad this season.

Just excited to have another Aussie at the club!

You really think Keane was worth 30 million? Yes, we paid 30 million for him but if you buy an old banger for twenty grand it doesn't actually make the car worth that much. It just means you are a mug.

31 minutes ago, Makis said:

You really think Keane was worth 30 million? Yes, we paid 30 million for him but if you buy an old banger for twenty grand it doesn't actually make the car worth that much. It just means you are a mug.

Of course not. Never said that. But that's what we got him for. If that's what we value him at, it makes 27 million for Mina look like highway robbery.