IGNORED

Liverpool (FA Cup Away) Sunday January 5th

markjazzbassist

There is such a massive gap between our midfield and forwards it's unreal. We need to push up, and control possession. We can't just keep handing it back to them time and time again. 

We have DCL and Kean, who aren't anywhere near a partnership, both on the last man, looking behind. Richarlison works up there because he drops off the front and links play. I'd stick Kean right and move Richarlison up top. 

Morgan and Siggy are the main reason we lost this game, to not be able to boss the midfield battle in a match against kids and reserves is unacceptable.

This was an opportunity to Morgan to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show Carlo why he deserves a place in the team. Instead we got a ghost of a performance from a ghost of a player. 

I have said it before and I will say it again, he is not fit to wear the shirt.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

There is such a massive gap between our midfield and forwards it's unreal. We need to push up, and control possession. We can't just keep handing it back to them time and time again. 

We have DCL and Kean, who aren't anywhere near a partnership, both on the last man, looking behind. Richarlison works up there because he drops off the front and links play. I'd stick Kean right and move Richarlison up top. 

Your tactical analysis is not what I want right now 

When you have a manager with the pedigree of Carlo Ancelotti and are playing against what is essentially a teams academy it's the biggest indicator that winning and Anfield don't mix. This is the best opportunity we've had in 20 years and won't face easier opposition for 20 more. 

I usually like to see reason but this is without doubt the darkest day I've ever known supporting Everton. An embarrassment beyond comprehension. Not a single shot on target and 95% of passes going to and from Mina, Sidibe and Holgate before being twatted into oblivion by Pickford, only for Adrian to stroll out and begin a counter attack.

Our ball retention, game management and quality has been abysmal beyond words and shows that while there are genuinely good players here (Digne, Bernard) they are far outweighed by absolute dross. 

This is the culmination of years of shocking decisions behind the scenes. Raise a glass to Steve Walsh. 

The big lesson from this is how comfortable and composed their kids are in possession, and how fit they are to press relentlessly. By comparison we are so, so slow and not a single one of our players is good enough to receive the ball under pressure and use it. It will take years to turn this shit around.