IGNORED

Poll: Finish or void the season

Poll: Should the league be voided or finished?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the league be voided or finished?

• Void. Restart 20/21 with all the same teams as 19/20
    • Void. Restart the season with 22 teams, the top 2 from the Championship
    • Finish. Delay 20/21 until all games played.
    • Finish. Use current points per game to determine
    • Finish: Use mini play offs to determine

Wear face masks and no contact during free kicks or corners. First would make it dangerous and the second would give attackers far too much of an advantage plus the refs would only enforce it for their "big 6". 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11981307/glenn-murray-labels-premier-league-face-mask-proposal-farcical?fbclid=IwAR1T4Ei6YWttGoXBV44w4m02Jhn32FwMYYISvBvOrBnAtqaacO7Gux-a2N8

I was just talking to our local chemist, she should've run the London Marathon last week-end; got the choice of running in October or deferring her place until next year. If she'd opted for October and it was called off again she'd have lost her place completely. She chose to defer and run it next year because she has serious doubts it'll be able to go ahead in October.

8th June? No chance.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/pfa-chief-gordon-taylor-premier-league-project-restart-reduced-matches

Hmm, I thought they wanted to protect the integrity of the season? Not sure how that would be possible by playing the remaining games under different parameters.

It's pathetic... yes I get it, running away with the league and a global tragedy means you may not get to lift the trophy with satisfaction after 30 years of waiting... and they do deserve the win. They do, but tough. 

People are dying in their thousands across the globe every single day. Thats all that needs to be said.

Key workers are being exposed to a deadly disease by an inept government who can't even close borders/impose quarantine or safeguard the elderly in care homes.... yet footballers are being looked at as some sort of special test/retest population in the same of entertainment.

They want children to go back to school in June?! Why? Whats changed? Has the disease suddenly become non lethal, are the elderly going to be banned from picking up their little pocket germ spreaders at 3pm? 

The whole country needs to sit up and actually realise what we are in the middle of... people are getting bored/complacent after 6 or 7 weeks of staying in and watching TV with their new found jogging/cycling hobby that they never ever did before. 

Sod sport, let's get vocal for proper PPE - set up factories that produce N95 masks that "every single key worker uses, and every single person travelling on transport uses".... make shoppers use surgical masks.   Let's pray the vaccine works and that by September the country can get it .  Let's kick the government's arse and get them in a place where this catastrophe will be at play out like this again. 

Voted for option 2 on the basis that the same happens in each of the lower leagues, nearly a 3rd of the season is outstanding, can’t even remember how many games played now.

Physically and mentally I’m OK, I’ve been able to keep busy at home, although my customers stopped calling and I’ve not earned a penny since the lockdown started, thankfully my work fixed overheads are low. Anyone who is struggling has my sympathy.

44 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Voted for option 2 on the basis that the same happens in each of the lower leagues, nearly a 3rd of the season is outstanding, can’t even remember how many games played now.

Physically and mentally I’m OK, I’ve been able to keep busy at home, although my customers stopped calling and I’ve not earned a penny since the lockdown started, thankfully my work fixed overheads are low. Anyone who is struggling has my sympathy.

What is it that you do Wiggytop, and I’m pleased to hear you are healthy mate. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

What is it that you do Wiggytop, and I’m pleased to hear you are healthy mate. 

Thanks Palfy, I’m self employed running a home maintenance/improvement business on the Wirral.

Hope your OK also, maybe we should run a poll to see if everyone else is OK to and do our bit for EITC, mods?

43 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Thanks Palfy, I’m self employed running a home maintenance/improvement business on the Wirral.

Hope your OK also, maybe we should run a poll to see if everyone else is OK to and do our bit for EITC, mods?

Sounds good to me and I’m fine thanks mate been off work for week 7 now, bar the fact of no money coming in I’m making the most of the good weather in the South west, I’m even starting to understand why the long term unemployed don’t want to work, if someone is paying you to stay at home how sweet is that 😉

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You really think clubs that are getting relegated, like Hearts, aren’t going to fight this?

I’m sure they will, but they won’t have a chance. The finances to fight it at this time will add to that. 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m sure they will, but they won’t have a chance. The finances to fight it at this time will add to that. 

Hearts have already said they're considering legal action, and have said that all through this if they were relegated without the games being played.