IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

12107796_10153680959714914_7872856382152

Brilliant (on both counts).

In other news....

There's been a fight in the biscuit tin. A lad called Rocky, hit a Penguin over the head with a Club, tied him to a Wagon Wheel with a Blue Ribbon and made his Breakaway in a Taxi. Police say Rocky was last seen just After Eight in Maryland with a Ginger Nut as an accomplice only known to the police as Rich T. They didn't leave a crumb of evidence, so the Jammie Dodger might get away with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Can i ask everyone to click on the following link and vote for Birmingham Southern (BSC)? My son-in-law is the band director, and they are trying to beat the mighty Auburn. Click on the link and scroll down. They are the second duel, the band on the right. You can vote from multiple devices and browsers. Right now, it's down to the wire and every vote counts. Thank you!

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2015/10/alabamas_best_college_marching_1.html

Edited by Cornish Steve

Heading to Orlando next Saturday for a 3 week holiday with my girls. 1 week with old friends, one week Caribbean cruise with the in laws for a 50th and 80th birthday party before heading to Kentucky for my first Thanksgiving meal in the US on my father in laws 50th :)

Just hoping I get to see the games in the meantime!

Went for my eye test last week, needed new reading glasses. The guy did a very thorough inspection and afterwards said he was going to fax a report to the Windsor Eye Hospital (where I had my cataracts done). The same day, the Windsor Eye Hospital phoned me to fix an appointment for today. Been apprehensive all week thinking they must have found something. Had another thorough check this morning and at the end the lady said 'everything's fine'. Big relief.

Went for my eye test last week, needed new reading glasses. The guy did a very thorough inspection and afterwards said he was going to fax a report to the Windsor Eye Hospital (where I had my cataracts done). The same day, the Windsor Eye Hospital phoned me to fix an appointment for today. Been apprehensive all week thinking they must have found something. Had another thorough check this morning and at the end the lady said 'everything's fine'. Big relief.

Nice to hear all is OK, John.

Heading to Orlando next Saturday for a 3 week holiday with my girls. 1 week with old friends, one week Caribbean cruise with the in laws for a 50th and 80th birthday party before heading to Kentucky for my first Thanksgiving meal in the US on my father in laws 50th :)

Just hoping I get to see the games in the meantime!

Have a great trip. Perfect time of year to visit Orlando.

Hoping so, I just absolutely hate flying, terrified of it. 9hr35 mins then 2h30 with a 1 year old learning to walk will not help that....

Thanks though! :)

infants benedryl should give you a 2-4 hour nap. works for my son on planes so we can get a nap in and not have him crying and such. make sure it's infants though, the childrens is higher strength and not safe for the little ones.

infants benedryl should give you a 2-4 hour nap. works for my son on planes so we can get a nap in and not have him crying and such. make sure it's infants though, the childrens is higher strength and not safe for the little ones.

My wife got a prescription sedative for her, but I am seriously against drugging her. Plus, somewhat bizarrely, there's a chance of a side effect which causes hyperactivity....

My wife got a prescription sedative for her, but I am seriously against drugging her. Plus, somewhat bizarrely, there's a chance of a side effect which causes hyperactivity....

I think its a very dangerous mentality to get into myself. I know people who want to get their child on something like that most nights of the holiday, personally I think its wrong. Babies are babies, yes its hard work when they are up and around - its a simple case of loading a tablet with postman pat and a few other programs and that should do it.

I think its a very dangerous mentality to get into myself. I know people who want to get their child on something like that most nights of the holiday, personally I think its wrong. Babies are babies, yes its hard work when they are up and around - its a simple case of loading a tablet with postman pat and a few other programs and that should do it.

She hates watching screens, but loves pushing the button on the ipad and talking to Siri. Trouble is, the sodding thing doesn't work without wifi :(

Hoping so, I just absolutely hate flying, terrified of it. 9hr35 mins then 2h30 with a 1 year old learning to walk will not help that....

Thanks though! :)

Matt, I hate flying too, avoid it at all costs. When I was 18 and spent 5 days flying out to Singapore, it didn't bother me. What changed? Anyway, have a great time Matt.

screen watching in children under 2 has been proven to cause ADHD and ADD due to the rapid movements and changing of the screenshots. They don't engineer children's programs to be slow moving and slow frame anymore.

So ADD or they go to sleep, i'll take sleep. Also when you fly 2 times a year i hardly consider it a problem.

Chloroform works well too.

I'm told :unsure:.

Chloroform works well too.

I'm told :unsure:.

mike the person who told my wife and i this is our doctor. there is no harm in a low dose of infants benedryl, which is not even close to chloroform. they take it when coughing, not sure why it's not safe other times (and again i stated 2 times a year, less risk than pushing an ipad in front of them for a few hours).

mike the person who told my wife and i this is our doctor. there is no harm in a low dose of infants benedryl, which is not even close to chloroform. they take it when coughing, not sure why it's not safe other times (and again i stated 2 times a year, less risk than pushing an ipad in front of them for a few hours).

Wasn't having a dig Mark it was just a joke, we used phenergan on our kids. Not the wisest thing to do on a regular basis but I think occasionally in small doses it does no harm; nothing worse than a distressed infant on a flight; for anyone, kid, parents and fellow passenegers..

Wasn't having a dig Mark it was just a joke, we used phenergan on our kids. Not the wisest thing to do on a regular basis but I think occasionally in small doses it does no harm; nothing worse than a distressed infant on a flight; for anyone, kid, parents and fellow passenegers..

My mum used that on me. She'd put it on my dummy and I'd be gone :lol:.

My mum used that on me. She'd put it on my dummy and I'd be gone :lol:.

that explains a lot. been trying to figure out what you guys meant by "dummy", we call it different things here in america. i kept seeing "spit out his dummy" in regards to a player and was like what the hell are they talking about. our english versions are vastly different. what do you guys call the baby stroller?