IGNORED

Lescott

I would be happy for him to go and us to take senderos and the young guy from dortmund as replacement. This will then leave us the bulk of the money to spend on miguel at right back and someone on the right wing.

Sadly if this does happen i very much doubt we will see the bulk of that money, Alot of what is couped will more then likely go towards club debt and so on.

I was not under the impression that Miguel would cost all that much, and if reports of a serious bid for Defour are to be believed then we might actually have found a pot of gold hidden away in Kenwright's closet. If we can get 22M for him then I do think we should take it; Moyes can do with 22M what Hughes will fail to do with 200M.

I was not under the impression that Miguel would cost all that much, and if reports of a serious bid for Defour are to be believed then we might actually have found a pot of gold hidden away in Kenwright's closet. If we can get 22M for him then I do think we should take it; Moyes can do with 22M what Hughes will fail to do with 200M.

The Sky money came in today so that could be why.

Hi, I know the subject is being done to death on other threads and such, but reading the mirror today,

Seeing JL writing a begging letter to Bill Kenwright to leave Everton.... makes me feel physically sick.

Now I know he'll be offered stupid wages at Shitty but its not like he's a poorper here at Everton

After all it was us who took the chance and developed him into the player he has become. I'm not saying he had nothing to do with his 7 caps and so forth,

but the hard work of the staff, Moysie and the adulation of the fans also must have played a major factor.

to want a move is fair enough but the way this is turning out is a kick in the teeth for the club and the fans :-( Very dissapointing

im just glad Man Shitty havent turned thier attentions to arguably the best defender at the club in Jags,

I'd like to think he would turn around and tell them to get knotted (i see him as Evertons next captain, i really do) but who knows in this day and age.

If Jagielka was fit, there's every chance City would have tried to take the pair of them as a partnership!Will they come around again in January when Jags will be up and running?

Lescott's his own man, if he really wants to go then big thanks Jo and good luck!though I have to admit that I personally hope he has a total loss of form and confidence crisis from the first game for City.....that's amighty big price on your head Lescott.

Hi, I know the subject is being done to death on other threads and such, but reading the mirror today,

Seeing JL writing a begging letter to Bill Kenwright to leave Everton.... makes me feel physically sick.

Now I know he'll be offered stupid wages at Shitty but its not like he's a poorper here at Everton

After all it was us who took the chance and developed him into the player he has become. I'm not saying he had nothing to do with his 7 caps and so forth,

but the hard work of the staff, Moysie and the adulation of the fans also must have played a major factor.

to want a move is fair enough but the way this is turning out is a kick in the teeth for the club and the fans :-( Very dissapointing

im just glad Man Shitty havent turned thier attentions to arguably the best defender at the club in Jags,

I'd like to think he would turn around and tell them to get knotted (i see him as Evertons next captain, i really do) but who knows in this day and age.

The club means nothing to Lescott. Nor to the majority of our players. What they do care about are their friends, their team mates and the manager. Lescott already lives in Manchester, I'd wager that if you're talking 80-100k a week, shorter commute, more time with family I don't see why he'd turn it down.

I think we'd all like to Lescott say, he'd probably tell you himself that he's enjoyed his time here. But for a player with no ties to the club, the offer is probably too good to turn down.

Lescott has already repaid his debt to the club for taking a chance on him. He scored 10 goals from a position he hates playing in. He was magnificent last season. But let's be honest here, he is not a £22m+ player. He can, and will be replaced if he leaves, and I'd say it will improve the team.

But who knows what's going on at Everton? Who knows if Lescott wants to go? Who knows how much City are offering him? Who knows what his relationship with Moyes and his team-mates is like? And who knows how much of his fee Moyes will get to spend?

One thing I can say for sure, we'll know definitively the outcome to this situation come September 1st. But until then, can we all please give Joleon a break?

As an ardent Blue I have found myself saying that Im not really that fussed as to whether Lescott leaves or not. In my view getting £20-£25M for him is great business given he is sixth choice England defender (behind Jags imo), had a terrible start to the season last year and often does not perform anywhere near his top-level in major league and European games. Any thoughts?

The club means nothing to Lescott. Nor to the majority of our players. What they do care about are their friends, their team mates and the manager. Lescott already lives in Manchester, I'd wager that if you're talking 80-100k a week, shorter commute, more time with family I don't see why he'd turn it down.

I think we'd all like to Lescott say, he'd probably tell you himself that he's enjoyed his time here. But for a player with no ties to the club, the offer is probably too good to turn down.

Lescott has already repaid his debt to the club for taking a chance on him. He scored 10 goals from a position he hates playing in. He was magnificent last season. But let's be honest here, he is not a £22m+ player. He can, and will be replaced if he leaves, and I'd say it will improve the team.

But who knows what's going on at Everton? Who knows if Lescott wants to go? Who knows how much City are offering him? Who knows what his relationship with Moyes and his team-mates is like? And who knows how much of his fee Moyes will get to spend?

One thing I can say for sure, we'll know definitively the outcome to this situation come September 1st. But until then, can we all please give Joleon a break?

Yep have to agree with you

As an ardent Blue I have found myself saying that Im not really that fussed as to whether Lescott leaves or not. In my view getting £20-£25M for him is great business given he is sixth choice England defender (behind Jags imo), had a terrible start to the season last year and often does not perform anywhere near his top-level in major league and European games. Any thoughts?

^th behind whom? Fer an Terry an then who? there certainly not 4 more better English CB then him

ferdinand

terry

woodgate(when fully fit he was better than ferdinand at leeds)

king

jags

carragher

lescott

Carragher retired from England a long time ago, King is never fit an isn't as good as Lescott, doesn't have his pace. Woodgate is on par with Lescott, but again is injury prone.

4 more ENGLISH cbs, nottin metioned about whether the're retired or not.

king and woodgate are injury prone but they are better than lescott, michael owens injury prone but he's still better than defoe

My orignal replay was to Blue_nose, who said he is 6th chocie England defender, so i was asking who will get in the England team before him. Hence Carrager doesn't count. I don't beleive King will get in before lescott, nor do i think king will ever play for England again.

OS...

Everton head physio Mick Rathbone told evertonTV: "In Salt Lake City Joleon jarred his hip just after half time. He’s okay, not so bad, but it’s a bit sore.

"He’s making progress, and we hope to have him back sooner rather than later."

Think Upson and Lescott are on par to be honest, Jags is better than both as is Carra. As for the two from Spuds that are to injury prone to say they are better Lescott.

If we where to get 20mill for Lescott I would sell if the rumours are true about him wanting out and we could buy Bousong/Taylor fron Newcastle and then buy hutton from Spuds and still probably have change. To me that would be an improvement to our team in that we may be weakening CB slightly but we are strengthening RB.

I'm a big fan of lescott and apart from that one bad form blip he has been a top class cb for us, however at £22million I would definately sell him aswell (as long as we have a replacement lined up).

Man city are the only club paying over the odds so we should make the most of it as no one else would pay that amount for him, I just really hope that our other targets (not just a cb) are in the bag and once we get the money from the sale we sign 3-4 straight away.

My only worry is we sell - nothing lined up and then we end up paying over the odds for a player right on deadline day again, fingers crossed it doesnt happen like that!

At £22 million it's a no brainer for me. It's a better deal for us than the Rooney one a few years ago and it gives us serious money to play with in the transfer market. Of course it means we need at least two centre backs but we should still have enough cash to bring in a quality midfield player, which we desperately need if we are to compete against the top 4. Take the money.

SSN talked to Mark Hughes last night after citys lose to Rangers(david Weir scored the winner) an he said he no closer to signing Lescott, so the suns full of crap but WE ALL KNOW THIS ALREADY.

Perhaps Hughes should try a cheeky bid for Weir.....Rangers might be more keen to take £20m off their hands than we are :D .

My orignal replay was to Blue_nose, who said he is 6th chocie England defender, so i was asking who will get in the England team before him. Hence Carrager doesn't count. I don't beleive King will get in before lescott, nor do i think king will ever play for England again.

Ferdinand

Terry

Woodgate (when fit)

Upson

Jagielka

Lescott

Thats how the England CB picture looks IMO. Lescott is 5th at best

I do not understand putting Upson and Woodgate ahead of Jags or Joey, I think they're both crap. Jags is far more solid then either defensively and Joey is far more of a goal threat and more versatile.

Woodgate & Upson though can play a bit of football though aswell...... I think that whats lets Joey & Jags down a little...... great defenders but dont go asking them to kick it to someone else :lol: