IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2333792/David-Moyes-expected-bring-Alan-Irvine-Manchester-United-coach.html

Taking Irvine aswell now, wasnt bothered about the rest of them but thinkhe willbe a big loss :(

This.

I think I did a piece a while ago where we looked at how we changed for the worse when Irvine left as his assistant. The game just after he left was the one where we stuffed Sunderland 7-0 (I think). He was involved in the 1-2-1 tutoring of Wayne Rooney. I do feel he gave us a much needed attacking perspective and creativity.

I hope whoever comes in has a look at the academy anyway. Martinez did it at Wigan as well, I've read somewhere he had all Wigan youth teams playing the same way. That's the way to do it. A club like Ajax always play 4-3-3 so all of their youth teams play 4-3-3 too and all of their youngsters get trained to one day play one specific position in that system. They also have technique trainers who work with all of the teams on a regular basis. I don't know a lot about how things are done now at Everton, but I think we could do with gaining information on how things are done in Holland and Germany, exchanging experiences with some teams in those countries, to better ourselves.

I hope whoever comes in has a look at the academy anyway. Martinez did it at Wigan as well, I've read somewhere he had all Wigan youth teams playing the same way. That's the way to do it. A club like Ajax always play 4-3-3 so all of their youth teams play 4-3-3 too and all of their youngsters get trained to one day play one specific position in that system. They also have technique trainers who work with all of the teams on a regular basis. I don't know a lot about how things are done now at Everton, but I think we could do with gaining information on how things are done in Holland and Germany, exchanging experiences with some teams in those countries, to better ourselves.

We have one of the best academies in the country as it is, so I hope they don't tinker with it too much

The new manager would probably have wanted to bring plenty of his own people in anyway, so many/all of these people might have left anyway. And now I see loads of Man U fans complaining that Moyes is getting rid of back room staff there to bring his own staff from Everton!

The new manager would probably have wanted to bring plenty of his own people in anyway, so many/all of these people might have left anyway. And now I see loads of Man U fans complaining that Moyes is getting rid of back room staff there to bring his own staff from Everton!

I agree. Whoever comes in won't want 'Moyes men' everywhere around him in the club.

We have one of the best academies in the country as it is, so I hope they don't tinker with it too much

How many academy players have really made it into our first team since Rooney? Osman, Rodwell and Anichebe? I honestly think that's about it, but I may have forgotten someone, feel free to correct me if you can come up with someone else. That's 3 first teamers in over 10 years, so I'd say there's room for improvement.

With all due respect, if you look at the type of footballer English academies seem to produce, I'd have to say that the stereotype (big, strong lads) still holds true. That goes for Rodwell and Anichebe too. We should look to bring in and retain kids with technical ability over ones that are good at youth level because they're taller, stronger and faster than the rest of their age group. That technical ability is also the main element our coaches should work on with them.

hibbert, vaughan(would've played more if not for injuries)

Hibbert really came on about the same time as Rooney, didn't he? I was thinking about the 10 years since that season, but I'll give you him too. I already forgot about Vaughan, he did get some appearances in his time here and was marred by injuries, but I would still hope we'd be able to produce a better quality player than him.

as an outsider I think the English should be very worried about the quality of their young and so called upcoming players -

without the Gerards , Lampards , Roony's and Terry's around England looks mighty thin - future looks bleak -

just look at the Belgians - they must be doing something right

as an outsider I think the English should be very worried about the quality of their young and so called upcoming players -

without the Gerards , Lampards , Roony's and Terry's around England looks mighty thin - future looks bleak -

just look at the Belgians - they must be doing something right

When the likes of Welbeck and Cleverly are considered to be the cream of the crop of youngsters then you know you've got a problem.

Welbeck looks like a newly born foal, falling over himself and missing chance after chance. And Cleverly is the English Joe Allen.

When the likes of Welbeck and Cleverly are considered to be the cream of the crop of youngsters then you know you've got a problem.

Welbeck looks like a newly born foal, falling over himself and missing chance after chance. And Cleverly is the English Joe Allen.

Personally, I think of an acorn. It's the way he has his hair and his round pointed face. Oh I see your referring to his feet. :)

Everton's Coleman assisted WestBrom's Long to prevent England beating Ireland the other day -

England is certainly not the force it used to be - too many foreign players in their league as well -

FA chairman David Bernstein says Premier League needs more English players - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8754512/FA-chairman-David-Bernstein-says-Premier-League-needs-more-English-players

Yeah, Moyes has got a great record, winning exactly nothing in 11 years, but don't get me wrong, he still did well in his time, but the fact of the matter is, couldn't deliver at least one trophy in over a decade, and nobody say he didn't have the opportunities. When Ferguson won his first trophy in 1990, after three years as manager, the team at the time wasn't much different from ours, at least nothing overly special, but he managed a success and just took it from there, Ferguson went from strength to strength, building a mostly average team into something special and back then, money was nothing like it is today. Ok Moyes hasn't had the money at his disposal, but just making a comparison. Ferguson actually is/was a great manager, David Moyes is simply not that. Good manager, recognized, did well, made himself noticed, but you can't compare the two names in terms of stature

Yeah, Moyes has got a great record, winning exactly nothing in 11 years, but don't get me wrong, he still did well in his time, but the fact of the matter is, couldn't deliver at least one trophy in over a decade, and nobody say he didn't have the opportunities. When Ferguson won his first trophy in 1990, after three years as manager, the team at the time wasn't much different from ours, at least nothing overly special, but he managed a success and just took it from there, Ferguson went from strength to strength, building a mostly average team into something special and back then, money was nothing like it is today. Ok Moyes hasn't had the money at his disposal, but just making a comparison. Ferguson actually is/was a great manager, David Moyes is simply not that. Good manager, recognized, did well, made himself noticed, but you can't compare the two names in terms of stature

Didnt you want O'neil or Hughes to take over from Moyes? :huh:

Let me think....pretty sure they've won a grand total of fuck all as well. And spent a lot more money in the process!

Dont half chat some shite at times DK

one or two of you kids need to give your head a fucking shake. Where did I mention Martin O Neill or Mark Hughes in the last response ? Damned If I can see it. I mentioned Alex Ferguson as one comparison to our last manager and no other names were mentioned. Yes I did (often) think about O Neill as one possible replacement (for Moyes), but never wanted Hughes as manager. And for the final time, and maybe one or two indivduals won't be of an age to remember or be prone to amnesia attacks, but Martin O Neill was a fucking good manager going back far enough. Ok maybe it didn't work out for him at his last job, but did an outstanding job at Wycombe and Leicester City, taking the latter to at least three league cup finals (two final wins), decent league finishes and assembled a decent hardworking side that was difficult to beat, working, with next to nothing. Add to that, some standout results at Glasgow Celtic, and not only domestic honors (some will argue that's not even much of an achievement), but a UEFA cup final in 2003 and very close to taking an SPL side to a european success. He was a great managerial figure over enough time but sadly has lost his touch in recent years, he reminds me a bit of Clough in that regard, who both brought great times to two East Midlands clubs.