IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

Well how about Harry Redknapp? I know his team was the worst one in the league this season, but it's just a weird team. I think he could be alright for Everton smile.png

He has got no tactical awareness and has only gotten decent results because his teams keep bankrolling him. He's also not the kind of classy man I want to see at the helm here.

What's probably going to happen is there's an announcement that Moyes will take over from Fergie, but only at the end of the season.

"There's still two games to play so we'll be concerntrating on that - any speculation as to Everton's new mangaer will have to wait until then"

We're going to be stewing for the next few weeks I'm afraid...

I think behind the scenes we should be interviewing people now though. I can't be arsed seeing us piss around like we usually do with transfers, we need a new manager now so lets start looking now.

They probably are.... I'm saying that we/us the fans will be stewing. Yes there's a bit hoo ha about MUFC, but when the spotlight turns to the EFC managers role we'll be back to page 7 behind the latest announcement about the public transport board. Meanwhile, Everton fan forums like ourselves will be turning inside out - and names left right and centre will be thrown here there and everywhere. Actually I have no idea what I'm saying... Haven't been this nervous since our last child was born...

I'm nervous too considering that Martin O'Neill & Mark Hughes are being thrown into the mix. I just hope and pray that our board arn't fucking idiots and appoint someone that can do a good job.

Martinez, Pereira or Laudrup. Any of those three would do for me.

Oh, and Neil Lennon can fuck off too.

This has been planned for at least 6 months IMO.

Fergie knew, Moyes probably knew. Don't blame them like.

With Louis' findings of the Pereira "talks" in April, it sounds like Everton were testing the waters "just in case" but knowing that it probably will happen.

Anyone who knows me by now knows who I have deep issues with. Never has been Moyes, a manager will always be subject to whatever fickleness that the results drive fans to. Moyes was for me 80% perfect (organisational, man management, transfer policies etc)- the 20% that wasn't right (tactics) will always be there in my opinion and that will stop him realising the success that someone with his work ethic deserves. He just can't seem to go for it when the opportunity is there. United fans who chant 'attack, attack' will be scratching their heads when he has his players defending 1-0 leads and having no men up front when defending corners.

Back to the board - Kenwright. He was teary maybe because he loves Davie, no doubt about that. But the fear he must be feeling is there, no doubt about it. It's like someone whose best mate was his bodyguard in school has seen him expelled, the bullies are still there and he needs to find someone who he can get to protect him. I don't want to see Kenwright face the Blue Union and have to stomach this them and us scenario all over again. Moyes spent 11 years covering Bill & Co's backside and deserves his big chance, as for Bill & Co, the first job they've had to do for a while is get a successor, they've had plenty of warning - let's hope they deliver.

If I see:- MON, Keane, or any other fake that has stolen a living I will be finished with them completely.

Moyes was for me 80% perfect (organisational, man management, transfer policies etc)- the 20% that wasn't right (tactics) will always be there in my opinion and that will stop him realising the success that someone with his work ethic deserves.

Agree with this.

Moyes was also a great ambassador for Everton and a good public face: none of that breathtaking sliminess and arrogance some other managers exude. I think he was let down by his inherent conservatism when it came to tactics. I wish him well, too, but I am excited at the prospect of getting a new manager. It had all got rather stale with DM. Of course, the board could mess up royally and appoint someone like Lennon or Hughes, but I don't think they will. I am pretty sure DM would have mentioned some names to Bill last night.

Edited by formby

OK lads, whichever manager comes up, it will be a disappointment to a certain degree. After what David did for the club and the legacy he's leaving behind, it's going to be impossible to introduce a new manager and immediately get us excited, except if they magically come up with Pep Guardiola or Jupp Heynckes who suddenly don't care for money anymore. They are big shoes to fill.

I'm not exactly a lifelong EFC fan. At 9 months, I must probably be the latest fan on this website, so I can't tell how you guys oughtta feel about this. But we're going to have to live with the fact that we're entering a new era and we can only hope it will at least be as stable as the past 11 years. It was a good era. The king is dead, long live the king.

OK lads, whichever manager comes up, it will be a disappointment to a certain degree. After what David did for the club and the legacy he's leaving behind, it's going to be impossible to introduce a new manager and immediately get us excited, except if they magically come up with Pep Guardiola or Jupp Heynckes who suddenly don't care for money anymore. They are big shoes to fill.

I'm not exactly a lifelong EFC fan. At 9 months, I must probably be the latest fan on this website, so I can't tell how you guys oughtta feel about this. But we're going to have to live with the fact that we're entering a new era and we can only hope it will at least be as stable as the past 11 years. It was a good era. The king is dead, long live the king.

A sensible post from Mirallas....momentous days indeedtongue.png .

Whatever nextohmy.png?

I've had to warn Mirallas about talking Redknapp when there's an Everton vanacy. This behaviour will not be tolerated! wink.png

I think the announcement that Ferguson is retiring came at an odd time, it really wouldn't have hurt if it was kept quiet for 2 weeks. I think Man Utd only released a statement because one of the national papers were publishing the story.

It's put us in an uncomfortable place, having to wait for our prospective managers' seasons to end before we can make a move as

a.) we still have a manager

b.) Pereira is in a title chase, Martinez is in a relegation scrap and FA Cup final.

I've had to warn Mirallas about talking Redknapp when there's an Everton vanacy. This behaviour will not be tolerated! wink.png

I think the announcement that Ferguson is retiring came at an odd time, it really wouldn't have hurt if it was kept quiet for 2 weeks. I think Man Utd only released a statement because one of the national papers were publishing the story.

It's put us in an uncomfortable place, having to wait for our prospective managers' seasons to end before we can make a move as

a.) we still have a manager

b.) Pereira is in a title chase, Martinez is in a relegation scrap and FA Cup final.

It doesn't surprise me. United regularly trample all over anyone to get what they want.

Lol, don't even think about it...

"Former Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham and QPR boss Mark Hughes, 49, who played for Everton between 2000 and 2002, refused to rule himself out of the running to replace Moyes.

"It's not happened yet but it's obvious if one manager leaves there is an opportunity for other managers who are currently out of work, which includes myself," he told Sky Sports News.

"[Everton] is a great club, a club I had the fortune to play for and I really enjoyed my time there.

"It's an opportunity for somebody and I back myself for most jobs in the Premier League."