IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

He's nowhere in the betting....

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/chelsea-specials/next-permanent-manager

...anyone thinking this is true should get a few £$¤ on at 33/1. Profit to be had.

Chelsea might have him on the top of the list but that does not mean that DM has Chelsea on the top of his. Hence 33/1?

Chelsea have really crapped on a lot of good managers. I think Moyes is too smart to be interested in Chelsea. My money is still on Man Utd after Everton.

Blimey Chelsea would be an eye opener for him. "Hello daveski moyski, here is £250m to spend on players, I want to win the treble and in style or you are goneski"

As opposed to "we'll Davie, me and the board have got together, here's a contract £70k a week, you've got nothing to spend really but if you keep us mid table then that's great"

No credible manager in their right mind would go to that shower.

The way Ambramovich operates Moyes would do well to get one season there, and let's not forget Moyes sometimes dour style of soccer during his tenure or frustrating tactics. Don't think the Russian snide would stand for any of that nonsense. If winning a european cup isn't good enough for someone, how's the next name in line going to do or think ?. Moyes will have the good sense to not even consider that vacancy. I can't ever envisage Moyes being manager at Stamford Bridge - or Old Trafford for that matter

I still think Celtic Park is as good a bet as anyone, as although the Glasgow side is restricted in the SPL, they actually have had a good side for a number of years and done well in Europe. It's a more plausible bet than the plastics or Manchester United in any event. Moyes ex-player and club servant, won't harm his chances either

Put some money on Celtic then. Seems a way better bet than Man Utd or any german side.

I may have done some years back, but gave up on betting or any form of gambling long ago. All we can do is wait until the time happens, and if Moyes does indeed go to Manchester or the Bundesliga, then fair enough, I'll stand up and admit I was in error, but - just can't see it occuring. I think Moyes will be at Everton for a while longer above all else.

I don't think their (Manchester United or Chelsea) supporters would welcome the idea as Moyes as manager to be truthful. Maybe the latter would take him over the awful Benitez, but even so, once again, just not something I can see occuring any time soon. When Ferguson goes, and fuck knows when that will be, the stubborn Scot has been in charge now since 1986 - although has done an outstanding job - I think an established or recognized continental name will come in, like Hiddink or Mourinho for example. Or even outside of that, the Brazilian Scolari of all things. But Moyes ? I don't think it will ever occur being truthful.

I don't think their (Manchester United or Chelsea) supporters would welcome the idea as Moyes as manager to be truthful. Maybe the latter would take him over the awful Benitez, but even so, once again, just not something I can see occuring any time soon. When Ferguson goes, and fuck knows when that will be, the stubborn Scot has been in charge now since 1986 - although has done an outstanding job - I think an established or recognized continental name will come in, like Hiddink or Mourinho for example. Or even outside of that, the Brazilian Scolari of all things. But Moyes ? I don't think it will ever occur being truthful.

Awful Benitez ? dont%20know.gif

Real Madrid U-19s

Extremadura

Tenerife

Valencia

Liverpool

Internazionale

Individual awards

dont think he was referring to his successes, more likely the fact that the man is arrogant and said not so pleasant things about our club. I think Moyes will stay, but then again, hes not signed a new contract so maybe he wont. Lets see by end of February...

There is also the possibility that he could stay at Everton. After all, this thread was started in 2009 and he's still here.

Overall, i have mixed feelings towards Moyes, but i will admit that at the present time he is the only man for the job and hopefully he will stay on for a while longer at least until we can sort out some sort of new investment and direction off-field. However something in the back of my mind makes me think, that at the end of the season he's going to call time on his tenure at Goodison Park. We will see.

Overall, i have mixed feelings towards Moyes, but i will admit that at the present time he is the only man for the job and hopefully he will stay on for a while longer at least until we can sort out some sort of new investment and direction off-field. However something in the back of my mind makes me think, that at the end of the season he's going to call time on his tenure at Goodison Park. We will see.

Your feelings may be mixed, and fair enough if they are, but you've only seen Moyes manage Everton with no funding, so to be fair to him, it wouldn't really be a fair assessment, as the only managers who have been more successful during his time here have been well funded.

Moyes will only truely be judged as a top manager as and when he is given the money to spend and the expectations that go with it.

The very funding and expectations that have seen the likes of Benitez, Hughes, O'Neil, Hodgson, AVB, Redknapp, Allardyce etc become part of a lucrative managerial merry go round.

Allardyce could have stayed at Bolton and continued to work in the way he was used to and they would have probably been ok.

Some managers are suited to certain clubs and certain budgets.

i would rate Moyes higher than all of the above managers noted but then I am biased. But like you say some managers are suited to clubs and i think Moyes is suited to us, like some players Pienarr are suited to clubs too as he found out the grass is not always greener on the other side and i hope that he is saying the same to Fellaini!

• 3 months later...