IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

OK, always going to get DM linked with top clubs now, of course he'd go to the Mancs if he got the chance. It would at least mean that he's safe with us for this season - not going to Citeh or the Arses if they dump their managers. The board should take notice of this and start thinking about a replacement so we don't get caught out at the last minute like we do with transfers.

If the yanks at utd have any common sense then moyes would be a perfect fit to replace sir alex, personally I hope they dont and he stays with us for many a more season.

However I think if we are all honest this is something we have seen for a long time coming as we all see how good moyes is as a top flight manager, and finally it seems the rest of the world are seeing the same thing!

If it does happen in a couple more years then I would personally thank the ginger genius and wish him all the best at utd, the real problem for us is "who the hell could we bring in"??? I think if he keeps progressing then Irvine at preston would be great as he knows us inside out.

I saw something earlier about darren ferguson at p'boro utd and I live in peterborough and watch the posh a lot, he has done great so far but I think he would need to improve a lot more to be good enough to fill moyes's boots especially in the tactics dept - he makes a lot of mistakes! But who knows in a couple of years????

Hopefully this isnt a dilemma mr kenwright will have for a very long time as this is the best everton team/squad i have seen in many a year and most of it is down to Mr Moyes

COYB'S

Moyes deserves a chance at success. I won't begrudge him leaving for United when salex retires.

I do hope we replace him with a similar type of manager though. Roy Hodgson would be perfect.

EDIT: Or is Irvine to Everton what Moyes is to United?

Edited by Grarghsies

When Sir Alex does retire, Man United go after Moyes. Im 99.9% sure that United will make an attempt to take Moyes away from us. It just comes down to how loyal Moyes is to the club and what he has learned over the past 7 years since he's been here. I don't think he will leave. Personally, I recon he will probably stay with us until he retires, just like Sir Alex has done with United. Theres something about Everton football club. It will always be a part of you and I think Moyes could never leave us.

Then again you never know what can happen.

But one thing is for certain. If Moyes does leave, United will have to pay one huge compensation fee for him.

Edited by EFC247

if moyes does get offered that job i'll happily see him go for it. hes done wonders and deserves the chance to battle it out at the top of the league and in champions league. if, and its a big if, we get a billionaire owner, then id hope he would stay and try to take us there.

dont think it'll be for a while yet either way.

When Sir Alex does retire, Man United go after Moyes. Im 99.9% sure that United will make an attempt to take Moyes away from us. It just comes down to how loyal Moyes is to the club and what he has learned over the past 7 years since he's been here. I don't think he will leave. Personally, I recon he will probably stay with us until he retires, just like Sir Alex has done with United. Theres something about Everton football club. It will always be a part of you and I think Moyes could never leave us.

Then again you never know what can happen.

But one thing is for certain. If Moyes does leave, United will have to pay one huge compensation fee for him.

I agree I don't think Moyes would leave. even though he hates the financial restraints hes under i think deep inside he likes the challenge and satisfaction of making a team instead of buying one

I agree I don't think Moyes would leave. even though he hates the financial restraints hes under i think deep inside he likes the challenge and satisfaction of making a team instead of buying one

I am sure when the time comes Moyes would take the hot seat and why not? Up to this point Moyes has done a fantastic job of building us into a far better side but how far can he take us and for how long is he willing to try.

Im no United fan far from it but Ferguson has done a top job of building a team based around up and coming talent from the United ranks and abroad and although they have the financial clout to rival most they don't spend huge amounts every season they add quality bit by bit and root them in and thats the type off manager i think Moyes would be at United to.

I hope one day he does get his chance to shine and win major trophies if thats with Everton all the better but i would be happy to see him doing well at another club years down the line.

Completely agree, he's turned the modern-day fortunes of this club around and i for one wouldnt be peeved if he went to United, its been set-up for years, i think he's the obvious choice :) He deserves his chance, he's a very ambitious guy and would wish him all the best (bar when we play :P)...replacing him would be the new struggle lol

I agree you couldnt blame Moyes if he left for United or any other ambitious club for that matter. he has done a fantastic job at Everton but realisticly he has taken us as far as he can, except maybe to win a cup.

He is an ambitious young manager and you couldnt really expect him to waste his entire managerial career banging his head against a brick wall at Everton

Wasn't it only as far back as a few games into last season that some Evertonians were saying that Moyes could take us on further, his use of subs was poor and his tactics were dodgy!!My point is if that were possible, what then a terrible start to this season?

He will be accused of handling the Lescott situation poorly!of not replacing players as they have left, ie not brought in numbers for our weak squad, it will be laid at his door that for all his promise he hasn't actually won anything!etc,etc..

That's not my feelings, as I think he has done wonders for this club, and long may he continue.....but can you not see how different things could be if results don't go his way.I would be willing to ride any storm ie a bad season, after all luck and injuries plus a small squad is something that can cause problems.

Most of us had never thought of Moyes as an Everton manager before he came, so the same could happen again if he left, ie another young manager below the present radar, could do a Moyes type job.

My hope is that Moyes sees Everton as his baby, that he has built and nurtured and the thought of being the Man Utd manager that couldn't do what Ferguson has done plays on his mind.

I would have said that Third or fourth place with the present Everton squad is a bigger achievement than a runners up or third place with one of the top 4 teams.If he went to Man utd then he will HAVE to win things, maybe he would enjoy the challange plus the pay rise that goes with it.

Man Utd might surprise us all with their choise of new manager, perhaps they will want a BIG name, a manager who has been able to spend mega bucks and buy top players previously.

Rooney is due a good season or two, he could be the new MR Man u!He (Rooney) and Moyes should be able to work together......but you never know.

Anyway, Moyes is here this season......lets hope at the end of it Everton/Moyes win something or at least do REALLY well....and the Moyes/Everton love affair grows stronger.

Im on same way than StevO and Romey. Moyes has been with us now 7y and has done miracles after miracles, without any significant amount of money. If we dont get huge money from some new investors, i cant see why he wouldnt go after a job like manu could offer him. Its nothing about loyality. He cant be here banging his head on the wall, if he gets a chance to prove whole world who he really is. If we cant offer it to him, he has to find it somewhere else. We cant grab on him like drowning as a last chance and hope to keep him here like next 45y (as some1 mentioned about fininshing career with us) and still left without real chance to shine. If we will get some £1000M for team and unfortunately a new stadium, he going like at last after 2 more seasons.

• 3 years later...

I have always believed that DM's next job will be Man Utd. I think SAF has recommended him and I believe that his word packs a punch within the club. Why would they not want him? Lack of european experience?

You dont need experience. Look at Pep. What teams did he manage before Barcelona? None, he went straight to Barca B before taking over from Rijkaard. What teams has he managed since? None, so he is less experienced than DM.

Mourinho is another option for them but I think that he is the wrong type of manager for Man U. Great manager though.

I think DM is going to Man Utd when SAF retires.

It will be Mourinho, pretty certain of it. Fergie loves his style and I think Mourinho is suited to managing united more than Moyes - he has the authority to manage big players.

Whilst I think Moyes has an air about him, he ain't in that league. He has tried the odd mind games with refs etc (suarez) and it backfires on him where it works for the likes of fergie and Jose. He needs to be a winner before managing united. I can see him taking Ronaldo back there also.

I have always believed that DM's next job will be Man Utd. I think SAF has recommended him and I believe that his word packs a punch within the club. Why would they not want him? Lack of european experience?

You dont need experience. Look at Pep. What teams did he manage before Barcelona? None, he went straight to Barca B before taking over from Rijkaard. What teams has he managed since? None, so he is less experienced than DM.

Mourinho is another option for them but I think that he is the wrong type of manager for Man U. Great manager though.

I think DM is going to Man Utd when SAF retires.

Pep had bags of experience playing in Europe whereas Moyes has very little or none. You only have to look at the way he has set up his team against the half decent European teams to see that he doesnt have that experience.

I dont think the American owners will care who SAF thinks should take over. Im pretty sure they will go for one of the big names and, like you and Haf mention, it will more than likely be Mourinho.

Only time will tell. I still dont think its a long shot that DM will be at Man Utd.

I think he is more respected than we ever give him credit for.

Certainly not a long shot by any means but being respected doesnt mean you will get the top jobs. Respected is a polite word for boring :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chelsea wants David Moyes according to the telegraph. The wanted Pep but with him gone DM is on the top of the list.

He's nowhere in the betting....

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/chelsea-specials/next-permanent-manager

...anyone thinking this is true should get a few £$€ on at 33/1. Profit to be had.