IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

I'd just like to say, I don't believe for a single moment that Mourinho will be the new one. There are too many signs of him NOT going to United, but rather Chelsea. He didn't give the subtlest of hints when he stated he'd go to a place where he's loved. So we can already erase one alternative from the list.

I think Giggs would be a great alternative. Klopp looks like the kind of manager that would completely fook up ManU. Manu has some very smart people, so I bet they'll be aware of the danger. I'm actually thinking Giggs would be a great candidate. After all these years under Ferg, he should practically be a managerial copy of him.

Moyes is a good overall manager. He'll never be a bad choice. But if I were ManU, I would prefer to give Giggs a chance. But that's just me.

Edited by Mirallas

David Gill has said that the next MUFC manager needs domestic and European experience and that it is a 'small pool' of candidates.

If Moyes doesn't get the job what it will emphasise to him is that he needs European experience on his CV to get the really top jobs, so likely to look for a move anyway given we haven't qualified for next season.

my bigger concern is that given he is out of contract he could in theory come in for the likes of Jags, Baines and Fellaini, i fear losing them more than Moyes.

What does him being out of contract have to do with that? He could come in for them no matter what.

Fellaini's gone anyway. Baines I think would go with him, and Jags has only just signed a new deal so we'd get a good fee for him so I wouldn't be too fussed about that (even though he had returned to his top form).

Edited by Romey 1878

Delighted at this development. Pretty sure DM would have been tipped off by SAF (hence, why he didn't sign a new contract). The Moyes apologists will get to see him lift some real silverware, at last. Let's see what he can do with all that money and all those resources! The Moyes doubters (myself included) will hopefully get a new manager dedicated to open, expansive, attacking football, capable of getting the most out of our squad. Exciting times.

Transitions of managers from a club doing relatively well never go smoothly.

I'd personally like Martinez, but fully expect a dip in league position next year while he builds the team and type of play he wants.

Undoubtedly we'll lose Felli and Baines as well. I just hope we get the top end of the money spectrum from them for the new manager to rebuild with.

David Moyes will be named as the new manager of Manchester United in the next 24 hours. The Barclays Premier League champions have agreed to appoint the Everton manager as Sir Alex Fergusons replacement at Old Trafford.

Ferguson officially announced this morning that he will retire at the end of the season after 26½ years at the Old Trafford helm this morning and United will now turn to another Scot to take up the daunting task of succeeding one of the greatest managers in football history.

Moyes, 50, is out of contract at Goodison Park in the summer and had declined to commit his future to the Merseyside club beyond the summer.

Bookmakers yesterday slashed the odds on Moyes taking over from Ferguson, although eyebrows will be raised in some quarters at Uniteds decision.

Despite being widely respected for the job he has done over an 11-year period at Everton, he has never managed in the Champions League proper and has never won a leading trophy in his 15-year managerial career, which also included a four-year stint at Preston North End.

Ferguson was six years Moyess junior when he pitched up at Old Trafford in 1986, although by that time the Scot had already broken the Old Firm stranglehold on Scottish football by steering Aberdeen to three league titles, four Scottish Cups and the European Cup Winners Cup.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/manchesterunited/article3759033.ece

He also left Finch Farm with his brother Kenny (his agent) three and a half hours earlier than he usually leaves.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130508/david-moyes-appointed-manchester-united-manager-197137

David Moyes is the new manager of Manchester United.

The former Everton boss has agreed a deal at Old Trafford and will join the club at the end of the season.

Moyes' future has been in doubt all season, after refusing to sign a new deal at the Toffees, and, following Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement on Wednesday, the Red Devils have acted quickly to land the ex-Preston man.

The Scot has been at Goodison Park for the previous ten years but only has an FA Cup runners-up medal, from 2009, to his name and has no experience in the Champions League proper.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho had been stongly linked to the post but it appears the board at Old Trafford have decided that the 50-year-old is the right man to lead the club forward.

So if he'd really go, what manager would you guys like to replace him with at EFC?

I was thinking about Roberto Di Matteo, given the fact that football players love him and he can get a good performance out of them. But.... He has failed in the past as well...

I'm warming to the idea of Martinez to be honest. Attacking football is something I'd welcome at Goodison and I think a breath of fresh air is what we need.

Question is if the current group of players can accomodate offensive tactics. We have great defenders, but in terms of offensive creativity, Mirallas is the best we've got. Otherwise only Pienaar is capable of some creativity. I think EFC is a good team for structured tactics and zonal cover, pretty much in the way they've done so far. (I mean zonal cover all over the field, not in the penalty box, with the big guys we got, man-to-man defense is the best option)

Edited by Mirallas

Martinez is used to working on a tight budget and with players that are pretty gash. I'm sure if he came to Everton he would find a way of getting the best out of the attackers and making them effective.

If Wigan do go down too he would be able to bring some of his own players for small fees (McManaman, McCarthy as examples).

Quite looking forward to watching RVP work the channels with Carrick playing as a target man attacking midfielder, hope Vidic has got a new pair of hoofing boots. Think we may see Phil Jones playing the right wing till moyesy can trust him too.

Must say - if this comes off then I am shocked. My guess is that Fergie will be a lifeboat in the background, when the tactics don't work, he will step in.

Quite looking forward to watching RVP work the channels with Carrick playing as a target man attacking midfielder, hope Vidic has got a new pair of hoofing boots. Think we may see Phil Jones playing the right wing till moyesy can trust him too.

laugh.png

Martinez is used to working on a tight budget and with players that are pretty gash. I'm sure if he came to Everton he would find a way of getting the best out of the attackers and making them effective.

If Wigan do go down too he would be able to bring some of his own players for small fees (McManaman, McCarthy as examples).

This is what I'm hoping. I think Martinez has all the right qualities to work within Everton's budget, and I respect his attacking mentality.